Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

never seen this..from MTV unplugged days

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:23 pm

cool footage! nice j-200 guitar despite bad mic'ing technique
these guys look so done with each other here.. the party just doesnt last in life does it

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:48 pm

I love it, never saw it before. What a waste, that a larger audience didnt appreciated them back then.
First time I ever seen Lee standing to Brians right
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:11 am

Thanks for posting that TV. Just find this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51GH1hKx_WY&feature=player_embedded
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ruger9

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:32 am

Speaking of long-lost Setzer stuff, waaaay before the whole "Crossroads" series took off (where they pair 2 different musicians playing each other's songs), around the time of Unplugged, didn't they have a show called "Duets" or somethng? I read that Brian Setzer did a show with Brian Adams (who I know was also a huge rockabilly fan)... but have never fond evidence of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:39 am

Awesome clip! Did Stray Cats do an unplugged?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:44 am

ruger9 wrote:
Speaking of long-lost Setzer stuff, waaaay before the whole "Crossroads" series took off (where they pair 2 different musicians playing each other's songs), around the time of Unplugged, didn't they have a show called "Duets" or somethng? I read that Brian Setzer did a show with Brian Adams (who I know was also a huge rockabilly fan)... but have never fond evidence of it.

From The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive:

The Brian Setzer Orchestra
March 26, 1996
Park Plaza Hotel
Los Angeles, California, USA
Rumble In Brighton
Hey Elvis
Your True Love
The House Is Rockin'
Rock This Town
Notes: Filmed for VH1's "Duets" television program.
Broadcast date unknown.
Bryan Adams: guest on all songs. Setlist incomplete.

Last edited by Rocky Mountain Cat on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.setzerarchive.com
ruger9

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:16 am

That's TOTALLY new.... never heard of that show before. The one I'm talking about was filmed as a tv program. Don't know if it was with the Orchestra, or BEFORE the orchestra? Not sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:24 am

Here is a cool one.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:09 am

ruger9 wrote:
That's TOTALLY new.... never heard of that show before. The one I'm talking about was filmed as a tv program. Don't know if it was with the Orchestra, or BEFORE the orchestra? Not sure.

This is the show you asked about in your first post.

The show at the Park Plaza Hotel on March 26, 1996 was filmed by VH1 for their series "Duets" - as mentioned in the notes under the setlist. It was a BSO performance with Bryan Adams as the featured guest. VH1 broadcast it as a Brian Setzer/Bryan Adams co-headlining show - they were introduced that night as "Brian Setzer and Bryan Adams with The Brian Setzer Orchestra"

What was broadcast on tv was not the complete performance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.setzerarchive.com
ruger9

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:49 am

aahh... thanks for the info RMC. I've never seen it, but would like to because like I said, I was a huge Bryan Adams fan in my teens and know rockabilly was his #1 music that he loved. He covered rockabilly and early rnr (like Check Berry) in concert all the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: never seen this..from MTV unplugged days   

Back to top Go down

never seen this..from MTV unplugged days
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1