Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blondes have more fun!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
knudi

knudi

Blondes have more fun! Empty
PostSubject: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Blondes have more fun! Blonde12

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:54 pm

Nice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:16 pm

great looking set up there.

One of these days I will have a Blondeshell. Each week that passes the piggy bank gets fuller and my patience is less bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Wrock

Wrock

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Hey Knudi,

that looks awesome. What cab is that?

The amp is awesome anyway...
Back to top Go down
knudi

knudi

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:03 am

Wrock wrote:
Hey Knudi,

Thanks!
The cab is a brand new super sonic 2x12 loaded with V30.
It has a killer sound.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 7:26 pm

knudi wrote:
Wrock wrote:
Hey Knudi,

Thanks!
The cab is a brand new super sonic 2x12 loaded with V30.
It has a killer sound.

that is the best closeback 212 on the market, I see very little if any difference
between it and my fender custom shop tonemaster cab.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:05 am

WHat do you think of the prospects of this speaker with the Blondeshell?

http://www.scumbackspeakers.com/h_series.html#h75LHDC

Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:26 am

I'm Incinerator wrote:

Dumble users and brit amp guys do like this speaker but we blonde users dont need "smoothing" from a large dust cap .
these amps that scumback is refering to are based off the blackface sterile and spikey Fender sound post 1965. Sounds like winner for an open back blackface amp.
My chassis guy likes these for his vox builds too
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:05 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:

Dumble users and brit amp guys do like this speaker but we blonde users dont need "smoothing" from a large dust cap .
these amps that scumback is refering to are based off the blackface sterile and spikey Fender sound post 1965. Sounds like winner for an open back blackface amp.

Hmm, Jim at scumback recommended this exact speaker for a blonde bassman...instincts told me this was a little off. Even though these are based off of Pre-Rola H30 "lead" cones with a larger diameter dust cap. That whole dumble tone thang is no no. Might as well call it "John Tesh tone" or something bland, boring, and prententious! Unfortunately, I think this is what the oppostie of what I had in mind, but I've never played any of his speakers, and my celestion knowledge is only Avatar and Tophat treated G12H30's, Unless the Mesa Black Shadow speaker and Vox speaker in my Korg AC15 (wasn't a greenback or a blue) were made by celestion.

I was nosing around the am garage forum, and Rawnster seems to be a huge fan of the M75's (65 watt I think?), which are like G12M greenbacks, for his Trainwreck Rocket/Vox builds (which look ridiculously awesome!!!). He did mention the Fane AXA Alnicos, I think?

I should put the Fane V30 I have to use, but it's fun to research!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:17 pm

I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:

Hmm, Jim at scumback recommended this exact speaker for a blonde bassman...instincts told me this was a little off. Even though these are based off of Pre-Rola H30 "lead" cones with a larger diameter dust cap. That whole dumble tone thang is no no. Might as well call it "John Tesh tone" or something bland, boring, and prententious! Unfortunately, I think this is what the oppostie of what I had in mind, but I've never played any of his speakers, and my celestion knowledge is only Avatar and Tophat treated G12H30's, Unless the Mesa Black Shadow speaker and Vox speaker in my Korg AC15 (wasn't a greenback or a blue) were made by celestion.

I was nosing around the am garage forum, and Rawnster seems to be a huge fan of the M75's (65 watt I think?), which are like G12M greenbacks, for his Trainwreck Rocket/Vox builds (which look ridiculously awesome!!!). He did mention the Fane AXA Alnicos, I think?

I can see someone recommending this speaker if you want that classic rock Who sound or want to play solid body guitars through it. I've tried G12H30s in the cabs and the sound is heavenly at very low volume but if you turn up the amp to setzer approved levels the speakers breakup into a creamy crunch right away. tons of fun but limiting for a gretsch player and pedal lovers
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:35 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I'm Incinerator wrote:

I can see someone recommending this speaker if you want that classic rock Who sound or want to play solid body guitars through it. I've tried G12H30s in the cabs and the sound is heavenly at very low volume but if you turn up the amp to setzer approved levels the speakers breakup into a creamy crunch right away. tons of fun but limiting for a gretsch player and pedal lovers

Haha, I remember reading somewhere in an interview with Billy Gibbons, and he said that Gretsch players were a different breed.

I guess I'm torn between the classic rock crunch-ness, and the having that great punch-n-jangle grease and gritch! I guess I should ditch the Fane get two cabs load one with Greenbacks and one with Brit Celestion V30's!
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 2:50 pm

sitting on the fence just gives you splinters! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
I'm Incinerator

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:09 pm

true that! I'm letting TGP get to me. V30's it is! They work for tons of pro players and amp builders, they will more than work for my needs of trying to rustle up a consistant band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blondes have more fun!   Blondes have more fun! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blondes have more fun!
Page 1 of 1