Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anybody seen the opening of the ESC?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
webelvis

webelvis

Anybody seen the opening of the ESC? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody seen the opening of the ESC?   Anybody seen the opening of the ESC? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Normally I'm not a Fan of the Eurovision Song Contest, but I was told that the Opening had been great this year, and I was actually really impressed. Cool Cover of last years winning Song, first with a Rockabilly Trio, then with a complete Bigband.

(Starts getting interesting at 1:40)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Wrock

Wrock

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen the opening of the ESC?   Anybody seen the opening of the ESC? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:22 pm

I think this is about the best you can get out of this song - I didnĀ“t really like the original version. This version is quite appealing to me. Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen the opening of the ESC?   Anybody seen the opening of the ESC? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:45 am

Hey, nice one!
What's the name of this band?? It's really nice!!
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen the opening of the ESC?   Anybody seen the opening of the ESC? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 9:30 am

That Singer is a Comedian /Tv-Show host, and always works a lot with music. Most of the Bigband is from his Showband the "Heavytones", but for this event some more musicians joined. They call it the "Heavytones Bigband" then. The other guitarist is Adriano Batolba probably the most important producer here in germany for anything Rockabilly, and also leader of a great rockin' Orchestra.
Here's another Clip of the Bigband, with an arrangement of a Song from a german comedian you'd also might call a "Jazzclown". Have fun with it:

Paul
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody seen the opening of the ESC?   Anybody seen the opening of the ESC? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody seen the opening of the ESC?
Page 1 of 1