Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

UK Tour dates not selling well??!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
scatcatcnut

PostSubject: UK Tour dates not selling well??!!   Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:27 am

Just got my ticket for the Manchester UK date on the tour – we have Vince Ray and Jim Jones as support so should be all killer no filler. Was really surprised by number of tickets still unsold. I bought my ticket at the venue – Manchester University – I asked the girl how it was selling and she showed me thick book of unsold tickets. By her estimation she thought probably only half tickets available sold so far!

I know it is somewhat expensive at £30 – which is why I left it so late to buy mine - but is like an entire rock’n’roll revue –especially with the mini Stray Cats/Slim Jim set in the mix as well. Given the infrequency of his visits to UK I hope the sales pick-up or Brian may not feel it will be economically viable for the future.

Incidentally if you go to venue for your ticket there is a stand near reception with postcards which are mini gig posters for forthcoming attractions. Grabbed myself a handful of the Setzer ones – there are still plenty left though! There is a Setzer bio on the back which states that he played in Robert Plant’s band for over a year – as far as I was aware was just a few gigs and some recording.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Slim Jon Phantom

PostSubject: Re: UK Tour dates not selling well??!!   Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:49 pm

Hey,
aye, Brian played for Robert Plant's Honeydrippers just for a TV show and just a couple of live guest apperances in 1985 and 1988.

On BS website, when Tommy was still running it, it was mentioned that in 2007 (if I am correct), Robert Plant was to make a new album with Brian guesting on it... but this never happened!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.straycatscollectors.com

UK Tour dates not selling well??!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1