Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A story off the radio..

Go down 
+2
nietsk
Dave
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave

Dave

A story off the radio.. Empty
PostSubject: A story off the radio..   A story off the radio.. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:05 am

I bumped into a guy in town today who knows i am a big Stray Cats fan. He asked how the gig at Brixton went, then said he had heard a story on the radio during the tour.

He said a lady called in to the radio to say that whilst in Italy, to see the Cats show there, she was staying at the same hotel as Slim Jim. In true stalker style, she said she knocked on his door, introduced herself as a massive fan, and asked if she could meet the band after the show. After a chat found Jim had put her on the guest list for the show.

So, can anyone here verify this story ? Was it you ?

If it is a true story, what a top bloke Jim is to do that for a fan.....

Cheers

Dave
Back to top Go down
nietsk

PostSubject: Re: A story off the radio..   A story off the radio.. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 2:58 pm

nope, it wasn't me.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aristocat

Aristocat

PostSubject: Re: A story off the radio..   A story off the radio.. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:49 pm

it wasn't the same bird who handcuffed herself to Brian was it ??

cat
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: A story off the radio..   A story off the radio.. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:20 pm

Aristocat wrote:
it wasn't the same bird who handcuffed herself to Brian was it ??

cat
Very Happy
Fantastic avatar Aristo !
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: A story off the radio..   A story off the radio.. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 10:36 pm

Sounds cool. If there are any musicians in the world I could imagine doing something like that, I would guess Brian, Jim, and Lee, and not just 'cause I'm biased and I think they rock - everyone knows they're a class act.

I've heard some stories about other bands/musicians being super-cool with the fans, too. Some of 'em, you might not expect. I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt... even if they try to handcuff themselves to me.
Back to top Go down
Banksy

Banksy

PostSubject: Re: A story off the radio..   A story off the radio.. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 9:21 am

So let's get this straight...

A 'lady' fan knocks on her favourite rock star's hotel room; he invites her in .... and she ... ends up on the guest list that same night after the gig.... Suspect

Well I never............. who would've thought it possible cyclops
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: A story off the radio..   A story off the radio.. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:11 am

woah, i am not suggesting any impropriety at all..

i never said she went into the room !!!!!!

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A story off the radio..   A story off the radio.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A story off the radio..
Page 1 of 1