Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics

Go down 
+4
ruger9
mjcodina
I'm Incinerator
tvthewiredturtle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Empty
PostSubject: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 6:10 pm

put one on my Spectrasonic. Machined perfect, no rattle just solid connection to the guitar.
tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics S7300310
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
I'm Incinerator

tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Empty
PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 am

I've been toying with the idea of getting one and maybe putting in some titanium saddles, but I think the Aluminum Tru-Arc is a great part to the tonal machine that is my Spectra Sonic.

Now if I could figure out how to install a theramin and a lo-fi harp mic into the mix affraid
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Pls explain the difference between that and the ones that come stock on my SSLVO. Ive got a crappy original one on my 99 hot rod that neeeeeeds to be replaced. Maybe this could be the one?
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:29 pm

mjcodina wrote:
Pls explain the difference between that and the ones that come stock on my SSLVO. Ive got a crappy original one on my 99 hot rod that neeeeeeds to be replaced. Maybe this could be the one?

sorry I'm being lazy so I reposted.

The Tonepros AVR-II locking tuenOmatic is impeccable with incredibly tight machining tolerance. no rattle from the wire, no wiggle in the saddles or screws and the locking set screw to the posts is just that much cooler. Even the adjustment wheels do not flop around like import versions,even the wire is tight and silent. these things are machined right. This is what you pay for.
Back to top Go down
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 1:46 pm

I just put a Compton Titanium bridge w/tone chamber on my Hot Rod... and it is VERY close to the TOM tone... more thorough testing must be done. A TonePros may be in my future, but this Compton does sound really really good... much better than the stainless steel one I had on there.

One thing I notice with these bar bridges when compared to the TOM: the bar bridges have alot more "sympathetic overtones"... that ringing of the strings BEHIND the bridge... I hate it, it drives me NUTS.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 2:36 pm

just put a 1$ bill in the strings, eliminates that...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 2:41 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:
I shudder at the aesthetic of this Smile
Back to top Go down
nietsk

PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:01 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Guitarmaniac wrote:
I shudder at the aesthetic of this Smile

hihi, lol.. I understand it.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:06 pm

The best (nicest looking) solution I have heard yet is to braid a black leather shoestring thru the strings down by the bigsby bar. Haven't tried it yet.

Some guys buy rubber grommets and place them between the strings, but I think it looks terrible.

Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 7:59 pm

Interesting! How does this bridge affect the tone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 4:48 pm

JC wrote:
Interesting! How does this bridge affect the tone?

Higher quality metals than the cheap pot metal of the gotoh and tighter tolerances means
more string vibration coupled to the body and not lost in the loose fittings of the bridge.
Back to top Go down
The Squirrel

The Squirrel

PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 5:06 am

I can tell you first hand that Tone-Pros are very solid. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2011 10:31 am

The Squirrel wrote:
I can tell you first hand that Tone-Pros are very solid. Good stuff.

I even have a set of tone-pros klusons on my tele.. they just "Get it"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics   tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch  get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tonepros AVR-II for your gretsch get one.. nothing better if U like tune o matics
Page 1 of 1