Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Help Please!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Help Please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Help Please!!!   Help Please!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:09 pm

Hey guys,
Can anyone help me with an old guitar of mine??
TAMAKI brand jazz box, bought in Italy 1991. The same specs as a Washburn J6, even had Washburn stickers on the tuners when I got it.
Rodded over the years with Ibanez Pick Ups, Schaller Locking Tuners and Roller Bridge. About to get the Filtertrons from my Setzer Hot Rod as I'm about to swap in a set of TV Classics.
Any help would be appreciated,
Cheers Pete.Help Please!!! P2250343Help Please!!! P2250352Help Please!!! P2250356

Help Please!!! P2250359Help Please!!! P2250342Help Please!!! P2250360
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Help Please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please!!!   Help Please!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:02 am

Hi,

if understood it right, you want to put Filtetrons or TV Jones in your Guitar.
Do you know this english mount system of TV Jones?

http://www.tvjones.com/pickups/tv_classic.htm

Cheers

B
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Patrick

Patrick

Help Please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please!!!   Help Please!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 9:17 am

Great wanna-be Gibson L5(?)
Oh, man too much dust!
Rolling Eyes
I use to have a maya ES175, but I sold it long time ago!!
Evil or Very Mad scratch pig
Stupid...
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

Help Please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please!!!   Help Please!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:14 pm

Brett wrote:
Hi,

if understood it right, you want to put Filtetrons or TV Jones in your Guitar.
Do you know this english mount system of TV Jones?

http://www.tvjones.com/pickups/tv_classic.htm

Cheers

B

Filtertrons from Setzer into the TAMAKI, TV's into Setzer.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

Help Please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please!!!   Help Please!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:24 am

ok, i think problem will be the cavity of the guitar. i guess it´s too big .
Imho you need a prof. to do this work....sorry, silent
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

Help Please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please!!!   Help Please!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 1:03 pm

Pete,

I don't know how much help this will be to ye, as you still might want to leave this up to a pro., but here's some of my ideas. If you measure the Filtertrons and the current Ibanez pickups (length, width, height) this might tell you how far off the Filtertrons would be compared to the Ibanez pickups. Now like Brett said, the cavity is probably too large for the Filtertron mounts, and the Filtertrons won't fit in the Ibanez mounts. So depending on how the Filtertrons attach to their mounts (i.e. a piece of metal, a tight fit, etc.) you could try one of three things:

1. Create a shim between the Filtertrons and/or their mounts with the Ibanez mounts left in the guitar. TV Jones Filtertron Mount
TV Jones Accessories/Parts

2. Take out the Ibanez mounts and create an attaching piece of metal to bind the Filtertrons and/or mounts to the guitar.

3. Along the lines of #2, but you'd alter the Ibanez pickup mounts (i.e. cut the middle out of them) and attach the Filtertron mount to the altered Ibanez mount. Probably not the most eye-catching option, and it would destroy the Ibanez mounts for the Ibanez pickups, but if you've tried everything else and had no luck, it might work.

Now, depending on what your measurements were, especially considering the height of the Filtertrons vs. the height of the Ibanezs, you might be able to adjust the pickup height up or down to compensate for the modification, and that could be enough to offset the change in pickup hardware. The bottom line is that you want to alter everything but the body of the guitar if you can help it.

Sorry I don't have any more specifics on this, as I haven't worked with those guitars/pickup combinations (the TAMAKI looks cool though), but that's the line of thinking I'd look into if it was my instrument.

Hope that helps ye out. Good luck.

Capt. Jones
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

Help Please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please!!!   Help Please!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:54 pm

Also, contact Tom Jones and ask him directly. He'll be more than willing to help you figure which pups will work, I'm certain. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help Please!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Please!!!   Help Please!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Please!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: The cave - Guitar talk-
Jump to: