Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Have we seen this?!!!

Go down 
+4
Twenty Flight Rick
donpepe
Andi
mjcodina
8 posters
AuthorMessage
mjcodina

mjcodina

Have we seen this?!!! Empty
PostSubject: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:22 pm

@1:23

Dude this is why Brian is sick, not cause these are acceptable things to call women but because he freakin actually said it on stage.

Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:58 am

Setzer's never been known for his political correctness. He's said some pretty astounding things from the stage over the years, I'm sure things said offstage are much worse. I've heard him described as a complete redneck. I think bitches and hos (hoes? Ho's??) is a collective slur against women generally used in the African American community, perhaps Setzer was trying to connect with his young black brothers in Maryland. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:44 am

Andi wrote:
Setzer's never been known for his political correctness. He's said some pretty astounding things from the stage over the years

Really? Any examples?? I dont know how to put this but does he really have to be political correct on stage??!?!
If they are his opinions, then they are. I'm not saying I agree with him or anything, but he is self employed
musician, IMHO he doesn't owe anything to anyone and in the same time he takes the risk of his fans not
buying his records etc.

Just my one or two cents, dont' get me wrong
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:52 am

yeah. well, not that I actually thought that it was cool, it's just that it made me laugh way hard cause Ive never heard Brian say anything like that on stage
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:56 am

I'm not going to cite examples. Sorry. I have a feeling this thread is on its way to shutdown anyway and I don't think that's a bad thing.

I totally agree with you he has every right to say whatever he wants. Those are his choices to make. I find the fact that he says "uh oh" right after the slur in question to be very telling, I wonder if he feels "uh oh" often. I get the impression he vacillates between not caring if he says something considered unpopular or rude, and doing his best to keep a lid on it for the sake of politeness. That's just my guess. (EDIT: The uproar over "Really Rockabilly" and "Drink Whiskey and Shut Up" are good examples. He walks a fine line.)

EDIT: By the way I should mention I'm not offended by it at all, I think the whole thing is pretty funny.

Third EDIT: When I say I don't think it's a bad thing if this thread is shut down, it's because I know it has the potential to turn into a shitstorm. I wish we could have reasoned and logical philosophical debates about such topics here, but we've never proven to be good at that.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 12:07 pm

For whatever reason, I am unable to play the clip.
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 12:22 pm

Andi wrote:
I'm not going to cite examples. Sorry. I have a feeling this thread is on its way to shutdown anyway and I don't think that's a bad thing.

Ok!

I totally agree with you he has every right to say whatever he wants. Those are his choices to make. I find the fact that he says "uh oh" right after the slur in question to be very telling, I wonder if he feels "uh oh" often. I get the impression he vacillates between not caring if he says something considered unpopular or rude, and doing his best to keep a lid on it for the sake of politeness. That's just my guess. (EDIT: The uproar over "Really Rockabilly" and "Drink Whiskey and Shut Up" are good examples. He walks a fine line.)

EDIT: By the way I should mention I'm not offended by it at all, I think the whole thing is pretty funny. Me too!

Third EDIT: When I say I don't think it's a bad thing if this thread is shut down, it's because I know it has the potential to turn into a shitstorm. I wish we could have reasoned and logical philosophical debates about such topics here, but we've never proven to be good at that.

Hear hear!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 pm

MJCodina,
with all the due respect but... does the word "bitch" need a topic??

I am honestly LMAO!! he just wanted to add a bit of a spark in the song, nothing else than that.

Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 2:02 pm

I just thought it was funny as hell. Im pretty sure those aren't the lyrics to 7 nights to rock. But Im also immature as hell
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:40 pm

Oh f****, sorry MJ!!! I really thought you were being serious about saying bitch!!

My apologies
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Wait what? haha man i posted this cause i watched it like ten times and thought it was funnier than s***. I waaaas way tired at the time and in that way laughy mood so maybe it wasn't the most appropriate thing to post anyways. all in good fun but I am pretty retarded sometimes Laughing "shut it down shut it down" Razz
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 am

Personally I am so sick of political correctness that I almost lean too far the other way these days!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 10:44 am

maybe he sung this in hamburg as well and we all didn`t notice it... Shocked

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 1:20 pm

whenever it comes to a discussion about political correctness, this song from one of my favorite bands - "The Anti Nowhere League" - comes to my mind... So fucking what!? Wink

Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 4:19 pm

Well he obviously didnt sing it in a malicious way.

I thought it was pretty funny....
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have we seen this?!!!   Have we seen this?!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have we seen this?!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: All things Setzer-
Jump to: