Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Good Thing

Go down 
+41
Madman
The Squirrel
Twenty Flight Rick
jbgoode
mark t
I'm Incinerator
vic
Brent
gretschoholic
steb74
mjcodina
ScottS
kbilly
matt
christopher
johnnykool327
freddie
BethAnn
Rocky Mountain Cat
Setzerado
tvthewiredturtle
Pistol Pete
frenchlmp
Frenchyfab
webelvis
Le Hub'
Guitarmaniac
Bear85
Lord Vincent Blackshadow
enjay07
sidelake bob
Rickabilly
Aussie_Sam
Budgie
Hot Rod Girl
Brett
Cristo
Kid Setzer
pony65k
Amity
Andi
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

One Good Thing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:31 pm

My philosophy on life, ever since my college philosophy classes, has been borrowed from Socrates: "The unexamined life is not worth living." I examine my life a lot. Every minute it seems.

Of late I've also been remembering the words of wisdom from my old friend Chico. He was a massive old Native American man who always wore a smile and was always happy to dance. He once told me that "the only way to be truly happy is to give of yourself freely and never expect anything in return." I think of those words every day and try to be as good a person - and as happy a person - as Chico. Some days I'm better at it than others! Must try to track him down again.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Cheers.

sunny

Last edited by Andi on Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 12:45 pm

I found out that The Living End will play in Munich this november!
Awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:05 pm

Guitarmaniac wrote:
I found out that The Living End will play in Munich this november!
Awesome!

Do yourself a favour and see them. They're really, really good!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:53 am

I'll preorder my ticket on monday=)
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 7:49 am

Good thing today: On my way to pick up a "old electric guitar w/o strings" for free. I wonder what I'm going to wind up with?

Good thing yesterday: Made it back home from family vacation. No vintage campers, but plenty of vintage boats and people. (hope you had a great time on your vacation Bear!) Unpacked and finished the laundry. House was still standing, everything's here, life is good.

Another good thing: Reading all the other good things people have to share. Thanks for the smiles and giggles!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:19 pm

I have nothing to do today, except a little laundry, which means I can sit around and finish re-watching season 2 of "24".

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris

Yeah, I said it!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:02 pm

Cristo wrote:
Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris

QFT*!!!

*quoted for truth
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:01 pm

The best thing about today is coming to the startling and exciting realization that I have an awesome body. No, not by current cultural standards - not by a long shot. For some time I took my youth and health and physical fitness for granted, focusing on my flaws and faults instead of my gifts (thanks media!! Grrr...) Today as I swam in the pool, thinking of all the problems I could have, I suddenly realized how bloody lucky I am!

I have a full head of hair; clear eyes that can see quite well; strong, healthy teeth; wrinkle-free skin; straight, strong bones that have never broken in my nearly 36 years on this planet. I have no serious health problems and no physical pain of any description. Everything works perfectly. I can see hear smell touch taste run walk jump swim dance fight make love... heck, I can do anything - I'm practically a superhero!! Of course I can't do any of those things flawlessly, but hey, practice makes perfect!! I am so grateful to have daily opportunities to make use of this awesome body. I have resolved to feed it well, care for it well, use it well - and appreciate the heck out of it! Who knows how long it will last. I am determined not to take it for granted any longer.

Obviously, I have also resolved to be my own cheerleader.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Andi-

You go girl!

cheers
hrg
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:36 pm

But just in case ,I'd like to give you a once over . Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 12:45 am

Andi wrote:
I can see hear smell touch taste run walk jump swim dance fight make love... heck, I can do anything - I'm practically a superhero!! Of course I can't do any of those things flawlessly, but hey, practice makes perfect!!

If we could do any of those things flawlessly, Andi, would any of them be worth doing at all? Very Happy

Rock on!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 7:04 am

HRG wrote:
You go girl!

Girlpower! Very Happy

Vinnie wrote:
Twisted Evil

Evil or Very Mad

Cristo wrote:
If we could do any of those things flawlessly, Andi, would any of them be worth doing at all? Very Happy

Hmmm, lemme get back to ya on that!!

One Good Thing about today - waking up with a smile, knowing that the sunshine is finally spreading.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:58 am

Heard about the North Park Music Thing (happening my mother's birthday weekend), while driving in to work today. The event is organized by the San Diego Music Foundation, a nonprofit that for years has been putting guitars in local schools, hosting the San Diego Music Awards and doing lots of other cool stuff to support local music. I'm so excited to be able to be here and be able to appreciate the SD music scene! Between this and Street Scene, my hometown is hoppin' for the next month!!
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:35 am

I talked to a pretty girl today, for more than 10 minutes. Cool

I fall in love at least 10 times every day - I don't know whether to consider that a blessing or a curse - that's just the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:52 am

Cristo wrote:
I fall in love at least 10 times every day - I don't know whether to consider that a blessing or a curse - that's just the way it is.

You kiddin' me?!?! There ain't nothin' like fallin' in love. Makes your heart feel like a yo-yo ridin' on a rollercoaster. Best thrill ride on earth - always a blessing, Cristo! No matter how long it lasts! Revel in it!!

Heck, I'm happy to have woken up at 4:30 am (again!) just so I could read that!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:59 am

My wife found a site that lets you "Mad Men"-ize yourself:

http://www.amctv.com/originals/madmen/madmenyourself/

That's where my new avatar came from. I gave myself a better hairline than I actually have, but you all don't have to know that! (Oh, wait a minute - now you DO know that!)

So, that's my good thing. Have fun making new avatars!
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:48 am

I just heard my sister doesn't have to go to trial in CA for a month, her case was settled. Which in turn means I don't have to doggy sit. I don't know how she does what she does.
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:52 am

The sun is shining and I'm listening to Wayne Hancock and Sid King & the five strings.
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 7:26 am

A friend give me his Stray cats collection today! king
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:24 am

one of our songs is on a compilation CD of a R`n`R Mag called "DYNAMITE!"

yiehaw... cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:54 pm

I've been searching for a favorite SNL clip and came across this. It cracks me up every time!

LLMP!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 9:19 pm

Bear, I started making a new avatar this morning when I saw your post but then realized I like the one I have too much Smile Yours came out great though!! I almost ended up with the exact same one Enjay has - just with darker hair. Funny.

Amity, sounds like that's a very good thing for you - I hope it's a good thing for your sister too!

Guitarmaniac! Gonna shake this shack tonight!

Lelle, how big a collection? Any gems?? In any case... congrats!!

Brett, that is awesome! Congratulations!! Is the song online anywhere where the rest of us can hear/see it??

Enjay, I've always heard reference to that sketch but have never actually seen it. I think I know most Monty Python only referentially! Very funny. I was exposed to a lot more English TV while living in Australia, stuff I'd never even heard of living in the US (Fawlty Towers, Black Adder... Top Gear!) I think we just don't have as much of a taste for it here. I saw Spamalot in London's West End - bloody brilliant show.

We are the knights who say NI!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:27 am

Andi wrote:
Brett, that is awesome! Congratulations!! Is the song online anywhere where the rest of us can hear/see it??

sunny

Thanks Andi, yep, really cool. I donĀ“t think we`ll become big stars now, but it`s a good feeling to find a CD in the Mailbox with one your own songs. (Song is written by our Singer and Bassman)

online only on myspace www.myspace.com/rhythm56
The song is called Highway (the 2nd one)

have a nice and good day.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 2:08 am

Skipping school today is a great thing lol!
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:02 am

Headed out to see a great dance band at an outdoor venue tonight for FREE! The Little Big Band....plays some oldies but goodies and covers the BSO and Cherry Poppin' Daddies to name a few. Dancing with my favorite guy...how much better can it get? (now only if the rain will go away....)

Have a great day everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Good Thing   One Good Thing - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Good Thing
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next