Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos

Go down 
+4
Brett
JC
Spanishdavid
pony65k
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pony65k

pony65k

Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Empty
PostSubject: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:37 pm

I know there's Phantom, Rocker and Slick fans in here (except Tavo). I'm sure you all know that Lee Rocker and Earl Slick got together recently and did some PRS songs. It's great to hear these songs again, especially just before the CD get's released (on pre order on Lee Rocker.com if you don't know), just a pity that Slim Jim wasn't there.

Anyway, here's the videos from youtube:

Enjoy (except Tavo) Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:24 pm

Thanks for sharing.

I love them, Man Without Same sounds great!!! Slick kicks ASS!!!

But I think they still need to rehearse a bit.... and mix the sound better... Lee´s voice sounds a bit weired in these songs.... I don´t know how to explain it with other words....
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:29 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:
Thanks for sharing.

But I think they still need to rehearse a bit.... and mix the sound better... Lee´s voice sounds a bit weired in these songs.... I don´t know how to explain it with other words....

Yeah, I think Lee struggled to belt out the songs, but hey, it was a great start. They also need Slim Jim there smacking the drums. To me it's more about these guys getting together again, it's been way too long.
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 4:04 pm

Love Earl Slick!
The audio sounds like its coming straight from the desk wish would explain why the bass is a bit low, no doubt Lee has it cranked on stage.
The vocals could use a bit of reverb too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 5:18 pm

I've always enjoyed PR&S and when I saw those clips last night, I couldn't believe it!!!

I hope the band will reunite for a tour, some 25 years later... many of us didn't have the chance to see them live... and it sure would be fantastic to see them playing some of my all time fav tunes.

I think that My Mistake is one of the best songs ever written by Lee, if not the best. With Brophy and Buzz, he could sing it during his shows Wink
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 5:49 am

pony65k wrote:
Spanishdavid wrote:
Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, I think Lee struggled to belt out the songs, but hey, it was a great start. They also need Slim Jim there smacking the drums. To me it's more about these guys getting together again, it's been way too long.

I think part of the deal with Lee´s voice is..... his voice has changed thru the years.... he doesn´t sound now like in the 80´s, and these songs fitted better to his former voice, than to his actual voice, BUT..... hey, it´s awesome that some of us can see these songs being played live after all these years.... I bet Lee will work on them, and they will sound tight soon....
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 5:54 am

by the way.... it is so STRANGE to see Lee behind an electric bass.... he only did it a few times with the Stray Cats, and it was always weired. To me Lee Rocker = Upright Bass. But hey, he doesn´t play this one bad either, right?
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 10:54 am

Not bad but i agree they should rehearse a bit more before starting a tour.
Was it a public event?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 1:54 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:
by the way.... it is so STRANGE to see Lee behind an electric bass.... he only did it a few times with the Stray Cats, and it was always weired. To me Lee Rocker = Upright Bass. But hey, he doesn´t play this one bad either, right?

Strange indeed. In the 80's it was strange enough, but 25 years later after only seeing Lee on an upright bass, somehow, it just doesn't look right, but yeah, he kills on an electric bass too.
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 4:00 am

Pretty slick! They play well and I like Slick's guitar sound, , not rockabilly but nice rockin tone & touch.
A live album would be great, huh?
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 1:51 pm

donpepe wrote:
Pretty slick! They play well and I like Slick's guitar sound, , not rockabilly but nice rockin tone & touch.

You tease!!!! That would be awesome!!!!
Back to top Go down
Swansea City

Swansea City

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:54 am

pony65k wrote:
donpepe wrote:

There is a freely available recording of PRS's Raincross Square gig from 22.12.1985 - not a bad gig at all
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:11 am

Swansea City wrote:
pony65k wrote:
donpepe wrote:

There is a freely available recording of PRS's Raincross Square gig from 22.12.1985 - not a bad gig at all

How can I get one of those?
Back to top Go down
steve

steve

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Accodring to Lee's facebook, there's going to be one show by Phantom Rocker & Slick....

27 June - Summerfest in Milwaukee WI!!
Back to top Go down
Niblos

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:46 pm

I was extremely blessed to witness the Iridium show in New York this past Feb. What an amazing show - make that BOTH shows for me. It marked the first time Lee Rocker and Earl Slick shared the stage in 27 years! I had tickets for the 10:00 show but the staff let me come in anyway since the club was only roughly half full. After the first show ended, we grabbed a table directly in front of Earl's orange amp, we soon realized the 10:00 show was only a crowd of 20 or so that basically were friends or family of the musicians - so it basically turned into privately party I guess you could say! How cool is that?

Even had a conversation with Earl (smoking a cig) outside the club prior to the 8:00 show. Lee's wife said she believes they are supposed to come back again with Slim Jim Phantom in the near future. Extremely nice chaps - snagged a Slick pick (NEW YORK DOLLS version) after the show. What an evening to remember. The Iridium stafff made you feel like old friends and Lou Pallo is such a fantastic musician and humble man. This was our second time to the jazz club that holds around 150 people on a sold out evening. The first time was catching Les Paul in 2005 with his trio. Man - that rocked! We are headed back next month to see ex-Stones' guitarist, Mick Taylor with the Les Paul Trio. If you ever get the chance, check it out.

Finally went to AIRLINE DINER (used as the backdrop to GONNA BALL and GOODFELLAS) this time around - great place with fantastic hamburgers (2 inches thick) and clam chowder. Check it out sometime. The staff said they have folks come all the way from Japan to visit.

My wife and I were in town to catch one of BJORK's residency shows at the NYC Science Museum. Yeah, she's out of her gourd!

Have lots of good shots from the show including Slick's pedalboard. Slick rocking Rebel, Rebel and the Link Wray-ish Men Without Shame four feet away - priceless!
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:24 am

I'd like to see the pics of Earl Slicks pedalboard!
Back to top Go down
Niblos

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:24 pm

You got it - email me at jcook27@nc.rr.com as I am not savvy enough to post anything. Got some pretty decent shots.
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 8:47 pm

Niblos wrote:
You got it - email me at jcook27@nc.rr.com as I am not savvy enough to post anything. Got some pretty decent shots.

PM sent
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:29 am

Very cool story.
Was it loud?
I only watched the youtube clips.
And i saw the doublebass. Did Lee played this beast as well?

Cheers and thanks

Brett
Back to top Go down
Niblos

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:13 pm

Just sent some of those pix out to you, JC. Hope you enjoy!

Hey Brett - Lee did play the slapbass the first half of the set. Some of the songs that may have not been listed were: GREEN RIVER, STRAY CAT STRUT, REBEL, REBEL, and DRINK THAT BOTTLE DOWN. I have lots of pictures with Lee on both basses so shoot me your email address and I'll shoot them out to you.

Yeah, I guess it was loud enough as my ears must have rang for three days or so BUT how many chances do you get to sit four feet in front of Earl Slick jamming REBEL, REBEL or MEN WITHOUT SHAME? I already suffer from tinnitus so what's a little more damage? Actually though, it was very comfortable for the club setting and wasn't real loud by any means. I'm 42 and worn out; )

Take care,
Robbie

Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:51 pm

Niblos wrote:
Just sent some of those pix out to you, JC. Hope you enjoy!

Hi Robbie'

Can you send the pics through again, they went into my junk mail folder before and were accidentally deleted.

Thanks
John
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks for the pics Robbie.

I was surprised at Earl Slicks pedalboard, I was expecting something a little more high tech...

Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos 517
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 10:53 am

Do you know what´s the pedal on the right side?
Some sustain/Boost/whatever-section? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Niblos

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:45 pm

I believe the pedals are as follows:
HARDWIRE DL-8, Small Clone, Ivy Distortion and Source Audio Soundblox 2 Multiwave Distortion.

On a sidenote, Les Paul Trio guitarist, Lou Pallo had a BOSS FDR-1 on his board which only proves maybe it is more about the TOUCH than the gear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos   Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lee Rocker and Earl Slick PRS Videos
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next