Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton

Go down 
+5
Scatman
Brett
Brent
christopher
mjcodina
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mjcodina

mjcodina

The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton Empty
PostSubject: The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton   The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Unbelievable. My friend and somtimes bass player Dallon really made a dream of mine happen tonight. Hes been good friends with Johnny for the past few years after meeting him @ NAAM. Hes got a string company. Johnnys son lives in Salt Lake City and he and Dallon hit the links every time he comes to town. Hes been saying recently to me that we need to get together to jam one night cause he and Johnny have exchanged bass licks on a few occasions but had never really jammed. So he told me the other day that he was back in town and he wanted to schedule a jam and lo and behold, he called today and said it was gonna happen. We only had about a half hour until I had to go play a show downtown but we got some solid jamming in.

Hes such a cool guy and theres no wonder he's Bryan's bass player. That guy is good. I'll admit I was a little nervous, Im not usually one to get so. After suggesting a few tunes it occured to me that hes not really a rockabilly guy but more of a Jazz guy which made me feel so good about my desicion to get the top two top Jazz players in the area to play in my trio. His right hand is pure Rockabilly and the left is Jazz. Just listen to the lines hes throwing down in this vid!

I think we jammed on cruisin, played 20 Flight Rock, he wanted to play 7 nights to Rock cause that was his favorite form this tour. It was so awesome to be backed up by his bass and vocals on that one! Probably the closest I'll ever get to being Brian Setzer haha. Then I asked if the last number we could play could be Rat Pack Boogie cause well, Thats probably my all time favorite Setzer song. It was awesome you guys! It was such a dream of mine to play with him and it's happened. Tavo, I know you've met setzer and I cant imagine how that'd feel but this might have come pretty close to it. I couldve played through the whole Rockabilly Riot! set with him Twisted Evil

So heres the recording we did, I was a tad nervous as you could probably tell but oh how amazing it was. Hope you like it.

Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
christopher

christopher

PostSubject: Re: The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton   The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:22 am

Wow, you sound very Setzer!
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton   The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:53 am

FANTASTIC!!! What a thrill it must have been!
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca

PostSubject: Re: The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton   The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:49 am

Congratulations, it's a nice song and Spazz looks really cool without the BSO uniform, hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton   The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 pm

Awesome story and great playing. I'd need years to learn playing that song.

Last edited by Brett on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton   The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
steve

steve

PostSubject: Re: The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton   The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 3:31 pm

PHENOMENAL! Thanks for sharing, great sound and some mighty fine pickin'!
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton   The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton Icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 5:33 pm

WOW! Dude that was fantastic!!!! Great Gretsch picking and what a cool memory you have made playing that song with Spazz. I have a feeling that's one clip you'll want to make sure you hang onto! Thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton   The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton Icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:01 pm

I am so happy for you, Matt. Smile
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton   The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Matt, that was awesome. I just the little shrug of the head you gave, like you couldn't believe it was happening. Well mate, you got a record of it and it will last forever. Great playing btw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton   The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The day I got to jam with Johnny "Spazz" Hatton
Page 1 of 1