Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will There Be A New Album?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

Will There Be A New Album? Empty
PostSubject: Will There Be A New Album?   Will There Be A New Album? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:05 am

Of any kind this year?
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Will There Be A New Album?   Will There Be A New Album? Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Maybe. He had a facebook update today that said that he had written 20 new songs. No word on what format, but encouraging news nonetheless. Here's to hoping we get something new soon! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Will There Be A New Album?   Will There Be A New Album? Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:36 pm

The immediacy of social media can be so cruel. While I am excited to hear about this outburst of creativity, I would rather read a post saying that Brian is already in the studio recording 9 of the best songs he's ever written, along with 4 or 5 genius arrangements of some well-chosen covers and collaborations. I'm still smarting from reading about Brian's upcoming participation in Robert Plant's Honeydrippers II project - and that was years ago!

Still, the man has a history of working fast once he gets rollin'. Riot was recorded in February or March and was released in July. If I recall correctly, 13 was recorded in May-June and had a September release. Wolfgang was recorded in May and I had an advance promo cd in my hands in July.

I would love to hear the music as soon as possible. But I also want it to be great. So however long that takes, I'll be happy to wait.

Quantity vs. Quality-billy

Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Will There Be A New Album?   Will There Be A New Album? Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:52 am

Well said!
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Will There Be A New Album?   Will There Be A New Album? Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:39 am

I think there will be a new (Rockabilly trio) album this year...

I've hoped that it could arrive this springtime because I was waiting for a summer tour... I realize now it probably won't happen this way. But as you said guys, no matter however long that takes...

This said, I've had a strange feeling this last months ; not a word on his website, some guitars sold on ebay... I do not like that kind of things and I hope the next record will chase all that bad feelings !
Back to top Go down
richjohnson26

richjohnson26

PostSubject: Re: Will There Be A New Album?   Will There Be A New Album? Icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 4:07 am

Well, according to fb, Brian is in the studio so that suggests something will be coming along!
Back to top Go down
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

PostSubject: found this little "hint"   Will There Be A New Album? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Will There Be A New Album?   Will There Be A New Album? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 9:44 am

Interesting clip, thanks for posting! I wonder if that means Brian is producing, guesting on some tracks, co-writing? All of the above?
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Will There Be A New Album?   Will There Be A New Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:50 pm

New album recording sessions are apparently set for September.  From Daniel Glass' (BSO drummer du jour) Facebook page:

"It's official: I'll be recording Brian Setzer's new album in September, and back on the road with the Brian Setzer Orchestra in November/December."

I wonder how fast they can turn out the album with a September recording date?  November, perhaps?  Just in time for the tour?

The Cat's Out of the Bag-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Will There Be A New Album?   Will There Be A New Album? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 7:00 pm

I would guess pretty quickly given the technology these days. Who knows how long Brian has been actually writing/recording new material.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will There Be A New Album?   Will There Be A New Album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will There Be A New Album?
Page 1 of 1