Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A financial plan for USA

Go down 
+14
vic
Bear85
enjay07
tvthewiredturtle
Sharky
Kiki
Le Hub'
sidelake bob
Spanishdavid
Pirate Paul
Kid Setzer
Cristo
Hot Rod Girl
laurent327
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
laurent327

laurent327

A financial plan for USA Empty
PostSubject: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 10:51 am

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you will have $49.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you will have $33.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you will have $0.00 today.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you will have received a $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink
heavily & recycle. It is called the 401-Keg.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 2:27 pm

I'd laugh, but it's just too painful. Got the 401K statement today...yikes.

It's all dollar-cost averaging anyway....right?

Crying in my beer,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:29 pm

laurent327 wrote:
If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Delta Airlines one year ago, you will have $49.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in AIG one year ago, you will have $33.00 today.

If you had purchased $1,000 of shares in Lehman Brothers one year ago, you will have $0.00 today.

But, if you had purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund, you will have received a $214.00.

Based on the above, the best current investment plan is to drink
heavily & recycle. It is called the 401-Keg.

Not that I ever needed an excuse to drink beer... but dammit, that's the best excuse I've ever heard!

CHEERS! everyone! I barely got more than the shirt on my back, no money saved, no car (one that works, anyway), and only one mouth to feed. I can't think of any better reason to smile and taste those beautiful little bubbles in my glass.

A toast! To being broke and not letting it get to you. CHEERS!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 pm

Orrrrrrr, you could just keep the $1000 and not buy beer Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Pirate Paul

Pirate Paul

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 5:15 am

Kid Setzer wrote:

Kid.
Orrrrrrr, you could get tattooed - that way you know you're getting your moneys worth and it'll last forever Twisted Evil

Cheers PP pirat
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 6:37 am

Kid Setzer wrote:

Kid.

Huh??? I don't understand. What fun would that be!?
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 8:48 am

America needs Rock Therapy!
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 10:45 am

what is 401K scratch
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 2:15 pm

Cheers Laurent !!
And thank you for this brillant economy lesson Cool
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 4:37 pm

sidelake bob wrote:
what is 401K scratch

It's a retirement savings account that is usually invested in stocks and bonds. The employer that you work for can contribute money to the account, usually matching a certain percentage of the money that you contribute. Right now, contributions made by an employee are not taxed, but that could all change after the Presidential elections on Nov. 4.

Hope this helps,
hrg
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 12:04 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:

Kid.

There you go being logical again! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:29 am

Kiki wrote:
Kid Setzer wrote:

Kid.

There you go being logical again! Smile

I know, what the heck is wrong with me?

Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Sharky

Sharky

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:03 am

If you bought a Vintage Gibson Les Paul for $9,500 three years ago, it would be worth $13,000 today.

Just sayin' . . . .
Back to top Go down
http://www.jerrylinger.com
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:52 am

Kid Setzer wrote:

Kid.

Thats just nonsense woman! How would I be able to eat a steak sandwich without one?
A financial plan for USA Beer-vintage-769720
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:53 am

THE ONLY REMEDY FOR USA

A financial plan for USA Obama_beer_veto-733382

A financial plan for USA Obama+beer
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 9:02 am

I hope that is root beer....
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:16 am

laurent327 wrote:
THE ONLY REMEDY FOR USA

A financial plan for USA Obama_beer_veto-733382

A financial plan for USA Obama+beer

uh oh...
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:40 pm

Um, yeah, I'm just not going to go into this one. Let's just say I proudly display a McCain/Palin sign in my front yard. I cannot support Obama for too many reasons to go into here. It's not just his policies I cannot support, but there is something to be said about who a person associates with, and the general character, or lack thereof, of a person.

Besides...isn't politics one of the "taboo" topics to discuss among friends? lol!
hrg
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:57 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
Um, yeah, I'm just not going to go into this one. Let's just say I proudly display a McCain/Palin sign in my front yard. I cannot support Obama for too many reasons to go into here. It's not just his policies I cannot support, but there is something to be said about who a person associates with, and the general character, or lack thereof, of a person.

Besides...isn't politics one of the "taboo" topics to discuss among friends? lol!
hrg

yes, we shouldnt talk about the current election especially on a beer goggles friday, cuz we wouldnt want
positive comments about sexpot and gramps to dissappear magically.. nyuk nyuk! tongue

yowzzaa...
A financial plan for USA Miss%20Wasilla%201984
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:31 pm

Do you speak of Geezer and Gidget?
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:35 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:

hrg

Having read both of his books, I can tell you that none of what has been said about him in the dishonest ads from McCain squares with anything in either of Obama's books. It simply does not.

There are many, many websites that check the veracity of any and all of the political claims being made by both sides. If you want to investigate the facts and not merely accept what is being put forth in campaign ads, PM me for a list of the fact check websites.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:44 pm

Kiki wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:

hrg

Having read both of his books, I can tell you that none of what has been said about him in the dishonest ads from McCain squares with anything in either of Obama's books. It simply does not.

There are many, many websites that check the veracity of any and all of the political claims being made by both sides. If you want to investigate the facts and not merely accept what is being put forth in campaign ads, PM me for a list of the fact check websites.

Kiki....c'mon now you're throwin matches at the trash can full of gasoline and
no matter how much anybody doesnt want george bush again I freakin swear
they will "magically" make Bin Laden appear "captured" by Dubya to raise the
"terrorizer" killers banner high in the McCain camp. Obama will then not stand
a chance.

Just vote for Nader with me, at least we are exercising our vote but you will have to
agree to vote yes on 8 too. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:55 pm

Both of my children had mock elections in school this week. One of my boys voted for Obama because "his name sounds really cool."
I told him that come election time some adults will probably vote the same way for the same reason.
My other son asked me, in public, amongst strangers, "Mommy..are we republican or democrat?" I smiled at him and said (quietly), "you need to decide what you want to be. You need to learn what republicans stand for & what democrats stand for, and decide if either one of those fit what you believe in."
Someone standing near me leaned over & injected to our conversation, "That means Mommy doesn't discuss politics in public!"
Neither here nor there.
Not in a box, not with a fox.
Not in a house, not with a mouse.
Not in a tree, Sam, you let me be!
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:47 pm

TV, all I said was that I read his books and that they didn't square with the McCain ads. Also, that there are websites to check the truthfulness of the candidates. I don't recall telling anyone what to do or saying what I was going to do... Smile
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 4:51 pm

enjay07 wrote:
Both of my children had mock elections in school this week. One of my boys voted for Obama because "his name sounds really cool."
I told him that come election time some adults will probably vote the same way for the same reason.
My other son asked me, in public, amongst strangers, "Mommy..are we republican or democrat?" I smiled at him and said (quietly), "you need to decide what you want to be. You need to learn what republicans stand for & what democrats stand for, and decide if either one of those fit what you believe in."
Someone standing near me leaned over & injected to our conversation, "That means Mommy doesn't discuss politics in public!"
Neither here nor there.
Not in a box, not with a fox.
Not in a house, not with a mouse.
Not in a tree, Sam, you let me be!

Hmmm.... You could be a fake american
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=188637
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A financial plan for USA   A financial plan for USA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A financial plan for USA
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: Off topic-
Jump to: