Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dancing with the Stars

Go down 
+25
penguin
Pinkpiratekitty
lisathegreaser.
Pirate Paul
tvthewiredturtle
Babs
t.man
Kid Setzer
GreasyKidStuff
vic
Chillicat
kbilly
WildCat
Davy Jones
cosbird
Amity
Kiki
scatcatcnut
Rocky Mountain Cat
Rickabilly
Scatman
peeteycat
ScottS
Hot Rod Girl
Hepkitten
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hepkitten

Hepkitten

Dancing with the Stars Empty
PostSubject: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:56 am

Hey Cats and Kittens...
Don't forget that BSO is going to be on Dancing with the Stars Tuesday night on the 21st!
bounce
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:31 am

Thanks for the reminder! I've got it written on the calendar, and on a couple of strategically placed sticky notes around the house. I can't wait to see it. What do you think they'll play?

I think it might be something well known like Jump, Jive n' Wail, especially looking at the dances that are slated for this week. But, I'm hoping I'm wrong, and we'll get a chance to see/hear something a little more off the mainstream.
Back to top Go down
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:54 am

didnt Kim Kardashian get knocked off already?

its going to be hard to watch without that kind of talent

Laughing
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Press Release   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 3:46 pm

bc-CA--SurfdogRecor
Brian Setzer Is Ready to Rock America's .1 Show "Dancing With the
Stars"
ENCINITAS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/20/08 --
The 3-time Grammy Award winning BRIAN SETZER ORCHESTRA will be
performing
"Rock This Town" live on Tuesday night's "Dancing With The
Stars" results
episode (October 21) accompanied by the show's professional dance
crew.
The performance comes hot off the heels of their new release for
the
holidays, "Christmas Rocks: The Best Of Collection" (October 7,
2008), an
amazing compilation of the very best tracks from their
Grammy-nominated
"Dig That Crazy Christmas" and "Boogie Woogie Christmas"
holiday CDs.
"Christmas Rocks" is an indispensable yuletide soundtrack,
featuring
Setzer's blistering takes on classics like "Jingle Bells,"
"You're A Mean
One, Mr. Grinch," "Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!," "My
Favorite
Things," "Jingle Bell Rock," "White Christmas," and the
previously
unreleased "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town."
A deluxe version of the new release, which will be titled "The
Ultimate
Christmas Collection," also includes the full length concert DVD
"Christmas Extravaganza" filmed in December 2004 at L.A.'s sold
out
Gibson Amphitheatre. It's a full 1 hour 40 minute show with added
backstage footage and behind the scenes work with Brian and crew --
the
Ultimate package for all fans of the Brian Setzer Christmas
phenomenon
featuring 25 tracks spanning Setzer's illustrious 30-year career
including
Stray Cats and BSO hits "Stray Cat Strut," "Jump Jive An'
Wail," and "Rock
This Town."
Image Available:
http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame--mw?attachid
For more information on Brian Setzer, please contact
Surfdog Records
760-944-8000
www.briansetzer.com
www.surfdog.com
APEX-10-20-08 1522PDT
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 4:07 pm

WHAT?!?!?!

Kim Kardashian is knocked up???!?!?!?!

Derailer-billy
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:01 pm

Quiet, you! Ringo really doesn't want that getting around...

I've got blisters on me fingers-billy
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 6:48 pm

Rickabilly wrote:

After October 20th, no more fan mail! Don't send anything to any address.

Anything that arrives after October 20th will be thrown away!

Peace and love, peace and Love!

Ringo
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:28 am

This Dancing With Stars is the US version of our Strictly Come Dancing in the UK. Isn't this just about the cheesiest least credible programme you could appear on this side of the X factor???!!!???
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 7:20 am

scatcatcnut wrote:
This Dancing With Stars is the US version of our Strictly Come Dancing in the UK. Isn't this just about the cheesiest least credible programme you could appear on this side of the X factor???!!!???

It may be, but I absolutely LOVE it! It's good, clean, family entertainment with great music! LOVE IT!!!
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 8:42 am

Can't wait have my DVR all set up.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:17 am

Rocky Mountain Cat wrote:
Rickabilly wrote:

After October 20th, no more fan mail! Don't send anything to any address.

Anything that arrives after October 20th will be thrown away!

Peace and love, peace and Love!

Ringo

So the due date is Oct. 20th then? Wow. That was fast. And she really didn't show that much. Must be all the dancing helped her stomach muscles hold everything in place.

Smile
hrg
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:35 am

scatcatcnut wrote:

Would you prefer they shoehorn the BSO into an episode of "Gossip Girl" or "House, MD?" Would that be relevant enough for ya?

Dr. Taub: Dr. House, the patient continues to have auditory hallucinations.

House: Really? That doesn't sound so serious. What's the patient hearing?

Thirteen: The Brian Setzer Orchestra.

House: Then why are they complaining? Discharge the patient and stop wasting my time.

Dr. Kutner: But it's only the Christmas albums!

Dr. House: Well why didn't you say so! We've got to operate before she starts hearing Andre Rieu or Yanni!

Cue extended shot into patient's ear canal where we find the BSO performing "Hey, Santa!"

Too Much TV-billy
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:01 am

I suppose I still like to think that rock'n'roll should be a bit more dangerous/edgy etc - if you were in the UK and the cheesemeister himself - Bruce Forsyth - was introducing the BSO whilst a motley bunch of C list has been/never were celebs fart about trying to rescue their dying careers dancing about in a way that wasn't even hip in the '50's wouldn't the part of your heart that beats for rock'n'roll sag just a little?
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 10:56 am

I sort of take your point. If it were the Stray Cats, I would probably object a bit, but we're talking about the Brian Setzer Orchestra - the one musical entity out there that seems to be made for this show, as opposed to previous musical guests like the Jonas Brothers and Jessie McCartney. Put on Wolfgang's Big Night Out if you want to shed a tear over the absence of rock-n-roll. The Brian Setzer Orchestra's a lot more than three chords and a backbeat.

As for C-list celebrities, most of the folks on the show have as much current mainstream recognition (in the US) as one Brian Setzer, last on the charts in 1998, and before that, 1983. Certainly, we all dig Brian's talents, but as seems to be the trend lately, the BSO is going after a new and bigger audience, taking for granted the current fans will stick around no matter what. Despite what those of us pining for a sequel to Guitar Slinger or Dirty Boogie think, it's a solid business decision. I will be very interested to see what they perform tonight. It's not beginning to look a lot like Christmas just yet.

The show is wildly popular in the US, managing to avoid becoming "Dancing With the Coreys." Am I wrong about this? Neither of the Coreys (Haim, Feldman) or Danny Bonaduce have made the show yet, have they?

License to Drive-a-billy
Back to top Go down
cosbird

cosbird

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:31 am

the thing is rickabilly i don't think you've seen the uk version....NOT so good....i'm an x factor girl myself but thats a story for another day...............
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cosbird
ScottS
ScottS

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:48 am

is Brian going to dance?

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 11:52 am

According to the press release posted above by Scatboy....er, I mean Peeteycat, the BSO will be performing Rock This Town tonight.

My girls love the show, I've yet to see an episode, but I must say I'm relieved it's not Gettin' In The Mood (either version) that they are playing.

Govinda Jaya Jaya,
Scatman
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:06 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
I will be very interested to see what they perform tonight. It's not beginning to look a lot like Christmas just yet.

I hope they go in the non-Christmas direction as well. Although I doubt it will happen, I'd like to see them either play one of the rarer Woflgang's Big Night Out songs like Bach's Bounce or dig back into the catalog a bit and play one of the lesser known BSO tunes like Hollywood Nocturne, which I'll defer here to RockyMountainCat as I might be wrong, has never been played live. Regardless it's cool to see some of the legends of rock and roll like Setzer and Richards breaking through all the mainstream wasteland of pop culture and introducing their craft to the younger generations; be it by way of either House of Mouse, Country Bears, or Pirates of the Caribbean. At the least, with Brian's previous Disney connections, hopefully this opens up some other avenues for his music, say for instance, by using Swingin Willie in the upcoming Lone Ranger film.

As for the show tonight, maybe ABC should open the show with a sea chanty:

"Yo Ho! All Hands, All Together, Hoist the Curtains High!
Heave Ho, Singers and Dancers, Watch the Guitar Fly!"

Capt. Jones
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:27 pm

Given that this is a show about dancing, the orchestra was bound to perform something that can be danced to. As Peeteycat posted (and Scatman reiterated), all reports point to it being Rock This Town. And since this song was used for the stars' group dance in Season 4, I, personally, am very interested in seeing the pros dance to it this time around (not to mention that this version will without a doubt be miles better than the house orchestra's version).

Furthermore, as Rickabilly has repeatedly mentioned in the other thread about this subject, if you are expecting to see the full performance of the BSO, prepare to be disappointed, as there will be plenty of cutting away to the dancers, as that is the crux of this show.

As for me, I don't care about any naysayers, I am still over the moon over this and will be found bopping around my living room tonight. And if the phone rings, I ain't answering.

Dancing-fool-cat
cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:09 pm

I probably should post this on a different thread, but....here goes.

As we are talking about DWTS and the BSO appearance, I wonder how many Frankie Manning inspired moves we'll be seeing tonight?

For those of you who may not have heard of Frankie, here's a great article about his dancing and film career:
[url= http://www.flypmedia.com/issues/13/#12/1[/url]

Only a couple more hours until showtime!
hrg
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Here's something to chew on....   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 2:57 pm

This is probably the biggest exposure the BSO has ever had. Prime Time audience - number one show in the country.
Have they had a bigger audience?

Nielsens-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:51 pm

Biggest Prime Time exposure....

Great timing, just before the Christmas Extravaganza 2009 Tour!

BeBopBaby,
Not-Ricky-Nielsen-a-billy
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Rickabilly's House reference   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Didja know that House is such a music aficonado (probably not his word) that he has a Sota turntable in his office.
The ones I have seen cost several thousand dollars.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 4:49 pm

DWTS was the No. 2 and No. 5 (results) show for all of last week. Not too shabby. I have to wonder, though, are 82-year-old Cloris Leachman's children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren the viewers that are pushing that show into the top 5? Once she's gone, that's, like, 37,000 viewers right there...

Frau Blücher-billy
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:18 pm

I'm lookin' forward to this tonight... should be fun!
GO CLORIS!!!
He-vaas-my-boyyfriend-a-billy,
cat
C
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dancing with the Stars   Dancing with the Stars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dancing with the Stars
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next