Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Deltas - Boogie Disease

Go down 
+2
laurent327
Le Hub'
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

Deltas - Boogie Disease Empty
PostSubject: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:58 am

More than 25 years after the LP, I've just bought the CD version of the Deltas album "Boogie Disease" (the only one they I have made for what I know...)
It still really really rocks ! So wild !!
I'd like to have your opinion, cats....
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 9:09 am

Deltas - Boogie Disease Nercd002
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 12:24 am

The Detlas are just asgood as the Stray Cats.
Flattering, isn't it ?
Listen tracks like : As you like it & Give me some of it

Others albums(more bluesy) (cd available at Raucous Records):

Mad for it (availalbe on cd)
Deltas - Boogie Disease Deltasmad

Tuffer Than Tuff + Live & Rockin (available on cd)
Deltas - Boogie Disease Raucd155

From Fleetville To Vegas (lp only)
Deltas - Boogie Disease Deltas-25

The Delats was the more serious contender for the Stray Cats
this band is wild.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:07 am

Thanks Laurent. I really like this band, they're WILD !!
As good as the Stray Cats ? May be the rythmic section but I think the guitarist is under Brian Setzer.
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:30 am

laurent327 wrote:

Noooo way, man! Laughing The Stray Cats were tight and wild, The Deltas were just wild. Most of the songs end in a faster tempo than they start. I like the album, though; don't misunderstand me. But IMO both the Blue Cats, The Polecats, The Rockats, Buzz & the Flyers, Restless and Dave Philips & the Hot Rod Gang were a lot closer to matching the Stray Cats. At least when it came to musicianship, I don't know about popularity...

I saw the Deltas live in Oslo about ten years ago (with Boz Boorer on guitar), and they were better than I expected. Probably because they'd got themselves a drummer, and let the singer just sing. Still far from the Stray Cats, but still pretty good.

Anders
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Rockaround

Rockaround

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 8:26 am

gretschoholic wrote:
laurent327 wrote:

Noooo way, man! Laughing The Stray Cats were tight and wild, The Deltas were just wild. Most of the songs end in a faster tempo than they start. I like the album, though; don't misunderstand me. But IMO both the Blue Cats, The Polecats, The Rockats, Buzz & the Flyers, Restless and Dave Philips & the Hot Rod Gang were a lot closer to matching the Stray Cats. At least when it came to musicianship, I don't know about popularity...

I saw the Deltas live in Oslo about ten years ago (with Boz Boorer on guitar), and they were better than I expected. Probably because they'd got themselves a drummer, and let the singer just sing. Still far from the Stray Cats, but still pretty good.

Anders

I was at that show too, but Deltas was a bit too "out of this world" for me. I liked the support better bounce
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:07 pm

Rockaround wrote:
I was at that show too, but Deltas was a bit too "out of this world" for me. I liked the support better bounce

Oops, I totally forgot about those guys Wink Laughing Cool (thanks, Arild!)
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 1:55 pm

Anyway, it seems we all agree to say that it's a great & wild Rockabilly band with a supersonic first album, no ?
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 4:16 am

Choochoohothub wrote:
Anyway, it seems we all agree to say that it's a great & wild Rockabilly band with a supersonic first album, no ?

Yup! Cool
Back to top Go down
gorillabeat

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:18 am

If anyone can get me an original LP copy of this shipped to NYC for $25 USD or less, I'd be real happy.

Been trying to find this on vinyl for a while. No luck in the States.
Back to top Go down
laurent327

laurent327

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:02 pm

I have 1 copy but it's not to sale.

You can find it at jungle records : http://www.junglerecords.fi/
Back to top Go down
gorillabeat

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 7:55 am

laurent327 wrote:
I have 1 copy but it's not to sale.

You can find it at jungle records : http://www.junglerecords.fi/

Thanks Laurent! I actually found a copy in the States on eBay today. Snapped it up!
Back to top Go down
Jess

Jess

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 4:38 am

No band was even close to the Stray Cats, and that's a fact....
The production, the wildness, the way it was played, the way they looked, I mean no one was even close, even some of us tryed real hard to......
But a lot of good bands come from Europe in the late 70's early 80's for sure.
I guess the Stray Cats had the right timing and the right producer in 1980. And don't forget, Mr. Setzer is a fantastic singer as well, people forget it all the time.

Viking yell from Denmark

Jess
Back to top Go down
http://www.taggytones.dk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deltas - Boogie Disease   Deltas - Boogie Disease Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deltas - Boogie Disease
Page 1 of 1