Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....

Go down 
+3
tvthewiredturtle
Bear85
Hot Rod Girl
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Empty
PostSubject: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 7:33 am

They won't be in production until 2010 (2011) model year, but, I'm saving now for the convertible ss....dream big.

The coupe doesn't look so bad either, and the car and driver reviews are pretty decent.

A girls gotta dream....
hrg

This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... 2010CamaroConv
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 6:02 pm

Hey HRG,

Are those things gonna come with an in-floor smoke machine to park on? Wink

Rock on (and Dream On, and Save On),
Bear85
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:45 am

For as much as it's gonna cost, it better! Very Happy

I'm looking at it as an investment too...if we drive it as much as the Chevelle, (not much) and be nice to it, it should make a decent contribution to the retirement fund in about 30 years. Heck, it couldn't be worse than the stock market, right?!

But, here's the dilemma: WIR and other local drag strips won't let us run a convertible w/o a roll cage. So, do I settle for the coupe, or do I get what I want and keep my fingers crossed that I don't get caught by the local police? tongue

Anyone interested in a numbers matching 72 Chevelle convertible?????

Shocked
hrg
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 5:34 pm

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
They won't be in production until 2010 (2011) model year, but, I'm saving now for the convertible ss....dream big.

The coupe doesn't look so bad either, and the car and driver reviews are pretty decent.

A girls gotta dream....
hrg

Didnt you want to post that in the Cabo Wabo forum under
"I cant drive 55" ? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 8:14 am

-or maybe the sorry we're out of business forum
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 9:42 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:

A girls gotta dream....
hrg

Razz There comes a time in a girl's life where she realizes that there is something really good about getting in a car, turning the key, and going really fast without having to worry about what mechanical failure will hinder the cruising this time!

I know...it's not "really rockabilly". Sue me. Very Happy

Who would really love this car but me?
hrg
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 10:06 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:

A girls gotta dream....
hrg

Razz There comes a time in a girl's life where she realizes that there is something really good about getting in a car, turning the key, and going really fast without having to worry about what mechanical failure will hinder the cruising this time!

hrg

hey as rockabilly as some of us try to live, we have kids that just want a warm and
"good" smelling car that is safe and comfortable and wont leave the family on the
side of the road waiting for a tow truck. Let me tell you how "rockabilly kustom cool"
that feels. .... hell hath no fury like the scorn of your woman and her kids! ! !

I echo "who would really love this car but me?"
This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... M_cc29e728310e4240af58a902b15cd501
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 7:44 am

[quote="tvthewiredturtle"][quote="Hot Rod Girl"]
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
Hot Rod Girl wrote:

hrg

hey as rockabilly as some of us try to live, we have kids that just want a warm and
"good" smelling car that is safe and comfortable and wont leave the family on the
side of the road waiting for a tow truck. Let me tell you how "rockabilly kustom cool"
that feels. .... hell hath no fury like the scorn of your woman and her kids! ! !

Gosh, I hear ya!

Our first experience with kids and car meltdown was coming home from the drag strip in GA in the Chevelle. Midnight, after racing all night...Hubby stopped to get gas, turned off the car. Uh oh..."small" electrical fire under the hood...! Nothing too serious, he got it taken care of in about 10 minutes. Yeah, I was in panic mode. Out in the middle of the boonies with a broken down car, and a cranky 6 month old with no spare diapers.
I don't really think that he enjoyed the tense silence the rest of the way home.

We've since had a couple of times where we've run out of gas (gas gauge doesn't work, and you can't fill the tank up too much, there's a rust hole in the fill pipe), and lost a tire due to sheared lug nuts, and various other "fun" adventures. Not to mention the CO detector going off in the house when he's been working on it in the garage...oh dear.

But long story short, there's something about the rumble of a big block, and the smell of racing gas and burning rubber that brings a smile to my face and makes my heart beat faster. I just need something that doesn't like the tow trucks so much.

Yeah, I've high standards.

Smile
hrg
Back to top Go down
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

PostSubject: Re: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:51 pm

worst tow truck story ever.... I was out with this girl in my 67 Chevy II sleeper (350 w/ 305 heads ported & polished shaved .001, Holley650 double pumper, .373 posi, you get the idea) and this dude wants to race me light to light for 100 bux. So, the girl seems game, and I'm always up for a race. Light turns green, stall converter kicks in, I have about 1 full car length on him doing 60 in first, the Powerglide goes to second, I hear a sickening 'clunk'. I immediately get off the the throttle (i'm up almost 3 car lengths now. I hear all kinds of clangs and grinding noises.....

So after pulling over an forking out my hundred bucks, start looking at my car, and realize that there are big pieces of metal laying in the street for about 1/2 a block. Yep, apparently I had a crack in the flexplate that I got with my stall converter, and when it shifted, the whole center section broke loose causing the remaining 70% of the flywheel to disintegrate into lots of very nasty pieces.

naturally the girl was not impressed. she's sitting in the car while I'm underneath with a flash light cussing like a sailor.

Now I drive a minivan. I get in, turn the key, and it starts. It's also the first car I've had with working A/C.

But I still have a bitchin' set of tools in storage for the day when another heap darkens my driveway Smile
Back to top Go down
enjay07

PostSubject: Re: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 9:07 pm

Hey HRG---
I saw you new "baby" while I was on a little road trip this weekend. Inferno Orange was the color (personally I'm a "midnight blue" kind of girl). It looked pretty sweet. It was the coupe, not the convertible. But I'd have taken it, if someone would've handed me the keys!

Pretty sharp looking ride! Imagine the convertible looks smoking hot!

Hope you're still "dreamin' " !! Girls gotta have a dream!
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:45 pm

Cool Enjay! I love the "midnight blue" color...I don't remember what the exact color name is, but I do remember that the SS doesn't come in blue! Bummer...

I'm not settling for the plain ol' Camaro...gotta have the SS...if I'm gonna wrap myself around a tree, I want to do it going as fast as I can. Shocked Laughing

Hubby got a hold of the sticker price off the lot, and now he's starting to really think about it....I do have a major milestone birthday coming up in two years, maybe they'll be a pretty new car in my driveway? Time for my midlife crisis.

And time for the paycheck to go back to normal, sigh.

Still dreamin',
hrg
Back to top Go down
Daddio

Daddio

PostSubject: Re: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:06 pm

BAA, reminds me of the time when our dealership was still downtown, a few of us were chillin' just before quittin' time, when this chick in a rustbucket POS at the stop light in front of us, just sittin' there mindin' her own business, and the car sets off this fantastic racket, jerks, bucks and stumbles, whilst parts start flyin' from out under the engine, she's a-cussin' like a trailer-tramp lookin' for her crack pipe, and we're laughin' like a bunch of redheaded mailmen!
Seems honey-bunch's boyfriend, aka: old-man, just replaced the alternator and fergot some of them bolts!
Funny....man.
I always thought it goofy when gearheads would say, "I done dropped a tranny last night, man!" But, to actually see the pieces being evicted...it was serendipity. Pure and simple.
Not to say your experience was anything to laugh about, just the phrase and the event above. Harmonic, clean and natural.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....   This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is what I'm saving nickles and dimes for....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: Grease Pit-
Jump to: