Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

how to make the setzer sound with 2 pedals magically mwhahah!!

Go down 
+5
elvis
ruger9
jonhope
pony65k
tvthewiredturtle
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ossi

ossi

how to make the setzer sound with 2 pedals magically mwhahah!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to make the setzer sound with 2 pedals magically mwhahah!!   how to make the setzer sound with 2 pedals magically mwhahah!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:23 am

Oh lawd yes.

I'd like a nocturne too.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://howlinboozers.com
sabrejet

how to make the setzer sound with 2 pedals magically mwhahah!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: how to make the setzer sound with 2 pedals magically mwhahah!!   how to make the setzer sound with 2 pedals magically mwhahah!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 2:24 pm

Hi folks,
I'm new to this forum/message board and as I ain't a teenager any more am kinda new to all this online stuff...guess you'd call me a technophobe..but that's fine by me!

For you setzer/cats fans Im old enough to remember the Stray Cats first UK 45
coming out and all the attendant hoopla...kinda hard for younger folks to remember just how (dare I say it) revolutionary they were back then...no kiddin' - punk had gotten stale and with the exception of a few bands (most notably whirlwind who I loved and also the then London based Rockats) the rockabilly/rock'nroll scene was largely crappy 5th rate covers bands..( a bit like now!) I know in certain purist/revisionist quarters now it's unhip to admit ever digging'em but one play of runaway boys and I was hooked - and it still sounds like one of the best 45's ever to me..

Anyways, more to the point I've been playing gtr for ages - but over the years have spent much too much on different Fx pedals trying to nail the 'perfect' rockabilly echo sound...used an old 70's carlsbro for ages till it died...now using a carl martin red repeat which is sturdy and easy to use - but the two pedals listed at the start of this thread look mighty appealing..and with christmas coming up I think I'll spring for 'em if I've any readies left over after the dust settles!

So...can any of you out there lemme know what settings you would recommend using with those 2 pedals....and what order you'd run the gtr through 'em etc.
Then I can tweak 'em to fit my own taste. most of the articles I've read or sites I've visited recommend exact settings - but the pedals I've owned have only ever had round or chicken head knobs without any calibration!
What attracted me to those pedals is that they look simple to use and sturdy - fraid I don't/won't touch those programmable pedals etc...I like to keep it simple as live there's less to go wrong....

I can see this board beconing addictive - but thanks for any help in advance...

Take it easy greasy!

Brian Young (Belfast)
Back to top Go down

how to make the setzer sound with 2 pedals magically mwhahah!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2