Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lost Faith After 30 years

Go down 
+17
pony65k
rockabilly guy
Twenty Flight Rick
wee mark
matt
Le Hub'
setzerino
Iloveopiatesandgretsch
Kiki
Ematt
scatcatcnut
sidelake bob
Brett
Rickabilly
Budgie
Kid Setzer
Carbon Cat UK
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carbon Cat UK

Carbon Cat UK

Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:41 am

Nice One Matt
I would never have known that?
Ive got to admit it took a bit of finding,but it was well worth it!
Sat there and watched that video and then watched the concert AGAIN quickly ,Made me feel a lot better about the whole thing while I was watching and restored some of my faith in that they will return to the UK. You can tell by that concert that they have a real feeling for Brixton
Where was that secret video recorded? was it in Brians house?

THANKS Matt Cool Cool Cool Cool
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
Carbon Cat UK

Carbon Cat UK

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:51 am

Hi Wee Mark
Good Idea!! Just hope Mr Setzer has a word with the pilot and we are Gonna Ball! lol! lol! lol!
They have'nt got any more tours listed after Australia, Question Question so we never know Question
Take care Mark
CC/UK
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:28 am

Carbon Cat UK wrote:
Where was that secret video recorded? was it in Brians house?

THANKS Matt Cool Cool Cool Cool
Carbon Cat UK

For what I remember, this has been recorded in Helsinki in summer 2003 while the Nitro Burnin' Funny Daddy's tour. The same day, in a record shop, Brian played When The Bells Don't Shime with both guitar & banjo ! Cool
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:04 am

CCUK - Good luck with your health and recovery. I think that solo performance of Rumble was recorded in a VH1 Classic studio somewhere. Rickabilly will probably provide the true gen since he is a human encyclopedia of musical data.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:08 am

If this is the video we're talking about (the only true "Easter Egg" from the Rumble in Brixton DVD), it was recorded for VH-1 Classic along with about a half a dozen other songs, including a Johnny Cash tune and several others that have never seen the light of day. I'd be very surprised if the VH-1 Classic studios were in Helsinki. Yes, this is the studio where many artists recorded exclusively for Vh-1 Classic segments. I think the VJs occasionally hosted from the "record shop" set. Tommy posted this precious information right around the time the Brian Setzer trio was headed to Helsinki (September 2003) and the Western-shirt was worn during at least one of those performances, but I still believe the VH-1 Classic studios are in the US, probably in New York City.

The video VH-Classic broadcasted that came from these sessions was "When the Bells Don't Chime."

I believe the BSO crammed into these same studios later that year to recored "Santa Claus is Back In Town," although I can't seem to find that video on YouTube.

Over to Scatman, who probably has the exact date and location for these sessions.

Reference Desk-a-billy
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:25 am

Hey CC,
the concerts being cancelled and the stagnation of the official website have put many of us on a downer.But remember,the reason you are so upset is because of how much you LOVE Stray Cats.Don't act in haste mate,you would SO regret getting rid of your collection.
Enjoy the music and live in hope that the Cats re-arrange the lost dates.And yes,keep playing Rumble In Brixton and enjoy the best DVD a man can own.
Cheers
Steve
Back to top Go down
Carbon Cat UK

Carbon Cat UK

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 11:13 am

Thanks Everyone for your positive replies to my thread,you have all made me realise that it's too big a thing to give up on,and without making excuses, I have'nt felt too good of lately with this ongoing condition and the other day when I first posted I wondered if I was doing the right thing. Now I know I have done.
You have got my head back together with the Stray Cats thing even though I feel like sh*t in myself.
I was not looking for sympathy in any way or form,but you guys and gals on this forum (besides one I won't mention)really stick by one another and it's great to be a part of that. I still can't quite get my head round the fact that I stood in front of that stage with my 16 year old son,had our picture taken and was so close to Slim Jim's kit I could have touched it. I know that I did alot better than most of the fans because I was there at the right time and asked for some goodies,and came out alright. I will be honest,for me to travel that 120 miles to see them was something I had never done before,and would not normally do but I was so desperate to see them it had to be done. One thing that still gets me is when I watch the Brixton DVD and it just hits me like a brick is that I was so close for once and the next minute it was like they were a million miles away. I still cant believe that I would have been stood in the same room as them,maybe I'm a bit wierd scratch scratch Embarassed Embarassed or am obsessed with them. But I have to put this behind me and just HOPE they do the UK again.
Thanks to all of you for all the posts and the new videos that I've found out about on the DVD and the YouTube one that Rickabilly told me about.
Take Care All
Carbon Cat UK
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:47 pm

Hiya CCUK.

I know I'm late to this topic, but all your mates in here will help you keep the faith. We're all here to support you and get you back up.

Jon Bon Jovi is right, you got to keep the faiith ooooh yeah, ooooh yeah, yeah yeah yeah.

Take care mate. Chin up!!!

René-a-pony
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Carbon Cat UK

Carbon Cat UK

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:12 am

THANKS pony65k
Your a star Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Regards
CC/UK
Back to top Go down
scatcatcnut

scatcatcnut

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:31 am

Hi Carbon -just to add to the general feelgood vibe (!) I know where you're coming from on the disappointment front -I'm just keeping fingers crossed that it will all be rescheduled at some point and won't all feel so bad. I forgot to sort out my refund and I think I've lost the chance now! Will have to keep the ticket as part of my memorabilia collection!

Have no idea what the opiates guys problem was but was certainly not a welcome viewpoint -particularly on this forum where there is practically no negativity towards each other. Is a bit rich that on another thread is looking for people to fix his Xmas album cover - very charitable outlook on life that bloke - NOT - (to revisit Wayne's World!)
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 5:19 am

Carbon Cat UK,
just remember this words from a song called "Gonna Be Your Rock" written by Tommy Byrnes and a certain... Brian Setzer :
"... Just remember that I'm waiting here for ya, I'll make you feel brand new again, Gonna be your rock to hold onto..."

We are with you.
Sincerely, Hub. Cool
Back to top Go down
Carbon Cat UK

Carbon Cat UK

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:58 pm

Thanks scatcatcnut and Choochoohothub Cool Cool Cool
Its real nice to have mates like you,I will be honest with all of you I have been quite taken back by lot's of the replies I have had from this thread and I was very frustrated when I wrote the initial post,but like I said before you've all restored my love of a GREAT! band and all the incredible people that are fan's, make you feel like you are part of one big group (give or take the odd one) Laughing Laughing
Great choice of words Choochoohothub ( I just love that name) and SONG Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed and Hey scatcatcnut
I had trouble getting my money back on the 3 tickets I got and with the recorded delivery I lost about £15 and they won't even let us keep the ticket stubs as part of our collections, I had to photocopy mine before I sent them back. You want to still try and get your money back, but make sure you copy them first.
I am listening to what you guy's said now ,and hoping that they will oneday return to the UK, maybe do a mini tour of the UK and add a few more venues like Birmingham West Midlands,I only said that because it's closer to me Laughing Laughing
I hope everything goes great with the Aussie Tour and then The Jap Tour and then The American Tour and then get your arses back over to The UK Laughing Laughing PLEASE!!!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers
CC/UK
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:30 pm

It's good to hear that you're feeling better, Carbon Cat. Remember that we all struggle with something, so try not to be too discouraged when the dark times come. They always go away, don't they? Hard to make yourself think about when you're feeling bad, but they do always go away. Smile
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Thanks for posting When The Bells Don't Chime Rick! That is indeed a great clip! I've gotta spend some more time with Youtube!

Rick
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:33 pm

I love how he introduces that song. "This is a song about women..."

Run, Forest-billy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:09 am

Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Iloveopiatesandgretsch

Iloveopiatesandgretsch

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:07 pm

Sometimes I think this forum is more about getting one'sego stroked than talking about and being fans of Brian Setzer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/themusicofmichaelthomas
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:23 pm

My sego is perfectly fine and doesn't need stroking, thank you.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:30 pm

Kiki wrote:
My sego is perfectly fine and doesn't need stroking, thank you.

my Sego is only 3 ft tall and the damn thing wont grow any taller no
matter how much palm food I give it, plus its frickin so cal and 90 degrees
right now! Cool
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 5:29 pm

My sego appears to be suffering from shrinkage. I'm attibuting that to the cold here in Carolina and the reduced amount of sunlight post time-change. It's been my experience that segos exhibit healthier, more robust growth patterns when exposed to proper amounts of light, warm weather, water, and sunshine. TV - I'm surprised your sego isn't flourishing in So Cal.

Rick
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Twenty Flight Rick wrote:
My sego appears to be suffering from shrinkage. I'm attibuting that to the cold here in Carolina and the reduced amount of sunlight post time-change. It's been my experience that segos exhibit healthier, more robust growth patterns when exposed to proper amounts of light, warm weather, water, and sunshine. TV - I'm surprised your sego isn't flourishing in So Cal.

Rick

Its from home depot, you cant expect too much. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:08 pm

I've always heard that if you keep stroking your sego you'll go blind...

Ocularlly-challanged-a-Budgie
Back to top Go down
penguin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:18 pm

Apparently he didn't hit the space bar.
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:34 pm

penguin wrote:
Apparently he didn't hit the space bar.

I've always heard that not hitting the space bar will make you go blind...

Certain-grasp-for-the-obvious-a-Budgie
Back to top Go down
penguin

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 7:50 pm

Maybe I'll hit the space bar tonight for a couple beers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost Faith After 30 years   Lost Faith After 30 years - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost Faith After 30 years
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next