Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JINGLE BELL ROCK video

Go down 
+6
Budgie
Rocky Mountain Cat
johnnykool327
Davy Jones
Rickabilly
halligan
10 posters
AuthorMessage
halligan

halligan

JINGLE BELL ROCK video Empty
PostSubject: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 9:58 am

Hi,
Does anyone remember where Brian performed Jingle bell rock alone? (show?) There was an video somewhere... cyclops Can't remember..................
Back to top Go down
http://www.20thflightrockers.fi
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 5:25 am

I don't remember Brian performing it completely alone, but there was one of the NBC shows (either Leno or Conan) where he played it into the end credits - I think the Vixens were with him, and possibly Spazz, but the rest of the orchestra was off camera, haviing performed moments before. It wasn't the entire version, though.

Jingle Bell Time is a Swell Time-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:45 pm

By any chance are you referring to the 2005 Christmas Extravaganza DVD? I only mention it because he performs the whole song at that concert with just bass, drums, and the Vixens (Beth and Julie at that time).

Hope that be of some help to ye.

Capt. Jones
Back to top Go down
halligan

halligan

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:54 pm

HI guys,
Nice try, but neither of them Shocked I'm sure that i watched some link and he performed the song alone with candy red Hotrod!! Host was some woman maybe?????
I'm trying to remember... Thanks anyway
Back to top Go down
http://www.20thflightrockers.fi
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:54 pm

Halligan,

I know exactly what you are talking about, and have been searching for it for a few hours now.

It was Brian playing on some telethon or local news show, there was either a lady or a guy/lady combo in the video as well (the hosts)

I am hoping to find the video to share.

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 4:56 pm

Scatman, where are you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Could it have been something from the PBS airing of the Christmas Extravaganza?

Bell-not-chimin'-a-Budgie
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2008 12:01 pm

We have a winner!

If Budgie and I are correct, then Halligan is referring to the
PBS pledge drive from 2005 where Setzer taped an in-studio appearance
at KCET studios in Hollywood (1 Nov 2005) for later broadcast in support of the
Christmas Extravaganza dvd release.

I do not know if the broadcast was limited to the West Coast only, but what a treat it was to find this on tv. Besides interview segments, Setzer performed (solo electric) the following songs: Winter Wonderland, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bell Rock, My Favorite Things and Blue Christmas.

Gobble Gobble!!
Scatman
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2008 12:22 am

That does sound like it is the winner.

Now, the next benchmark.

Who can find the video first?

It IS out there somewhere. I have been through YouTube, Metacafe, and a few others.

Who wants to race?

-BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
rockabiggles

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 1:20 pm

Hi guys

Whats the latest on this? Has anyone managed to find it??
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:23 pm

I think I waste half my life trying to find the GOOOD stuff, it just
disappears. I would love to see that!!
I also have been begging around
to see the DVD that came with the $30K Setzer 59' clone. You'd think
that at least one setzer fan would spill the beans and share that with
those less fortunate who could only spend less than $2K on a freakin
gretsch. cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 2:32 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I also have been begging around to see the DVD that came with the $30K Setzer 59' clone. You'd think that at least one setzer fan would spill the beans and share that with those less fortunate who could only spend less than $2K on a freakin gretsch. cyclops

I've seen a bunch of those relics on eBay and being sold online by guitar shops. What are the chances any of those 59 guitars are owned by REAL Setzer fans and not just rich investors and collectors??
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:11 pm

andi wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
I also have been begging around to see the DVD that came with the $30K Setzer 59' clone. You'd think that at least one setzer fan would spill the beans and share that with those less fortunate who could only spend less than $2K on a freakin gretsch. cyclops

I've seen a bunch of those relics on eBay and being sold online by guitar shops. What are the chances any of those 59 guitars are owned by REAL Setzer fans and not just rich investors and collectors??

maaaan, I dont care if Hitler owned one, I just want to see that DVD.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:15 pm

My point is that the people who own these things aren't likely to care that the real fans want to see the DVD ('cause I agree with you, I wanna see it too!!), just that they protect their investment by keeping it "exclusive" with the guitar! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 4:22 pm

andi wrote:
My point is that the people who own these things aren't likely to care that the real fans want to see the DVD ('cause I agree with you, I wanna see it too!!), just that they protect their investment by keeping it "exclusive" with the guitar! Very Happy

I know...can you feel my bitterness pig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JINGLE BELL ROCK video   JINGLE BELL ROCK video Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JINGLE BELL ROCK video
Page 1 of 1