Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help

Go down 
+10
wee mark
johnnykool327
webelvis
Rickabilly
Rocky Mountain Cat
BSO_Rocks
Brooklyn Bomber
Le Hub'
sidelake bob
Kelley
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelley

Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Empty
PostSubject: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:01 am

okay, since I am new and am just rediscovering the Stray Cats videos, how many music videos did Brian make with his Orchestra and what year were they?

I kind of want to see them in order thank you

Kelley
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:48 am

Rickabilly where are you when we need you? Wink
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 2:42 am

I can tell you the that 3 most of us know Cool :

- The BSO "Live In Japan" (2001 with a full gig from the same year)
- The BSO "Christmas Extravaganza" (2005, with a gig in LA from 2004)
- The BSO "One Rockin' Night", (2007, with a gig in Montréal from 1995)

For the others, as Bob said, let's wait for Mr. Rickabilly... Wink
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 3:59 am

If you're talking about video clips by the BSO....

- Lady Luck (1994)
- Jingle Bells (1996)
- Jump, Jive An' Wail (1998)
- Gettin' In The Mood (2000)
- Sexy, Sexy (2001)

I guess that's all...if not please feel free to complete the list guys...

BB
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 4:52 am

who is Rickabilly?
but yes, I meant video clips, thanks!
Back to top Go down
BSO_Rocks

BSO_Rocks

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 6:39 am

kelley68 wrote:
who is Rickabilly?

Now THAT was funny ! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 7:31 am

kelley68 wrote:
who is Rickabilly?

Priceless! That would make one hell of a signature.

Our friend Rickabilly is sometimes referred to as Rickapedia - which is appropriate. We're lucky to have him here to share his vast knowledge of music.

He's usually a little shy about posting, but now and then a topic will coax him out of his shell....
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 7:58 am

Mahalo, Kelley!

Just about everything I know about Setzer I learned from the good people on this message board. I happen to have a bit of an obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to buying music, so I'm sure some knowledge has slipped in. Plus, I was dropped on my head repeatedly as a child.

But the only non-live music video I think the panel of experts are missing from the posts above is the video for "If You Can't Rock Me" that was shot in connection with the movie "Stuart Little." (1999)

VH-1 Classic has aired a few videos in its rotation that were live performances filmed in 2003 in their studios. These include "When The Bells Don't Chime," (not with the orchestra) "Sleigh Ride," and "Santa Claus is Back in Town."

Whew, I think that was enough posting for one day. See y'all next year...

Five Minutes to Wapner-billy
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:22 pm

What about the "Luck be a Lady" Video??

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:49 pm

thank you Rickabilly for posting! I hope I didn't embarass you
but seriously guys, I am new here and don't know anyone too good yet, sorry Embarassed

and no, there is nothing wrong with buying tons of music-that is what Brian is here to do-make music for all of us, right?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:59 pm

webelvis wrote:
What about the "Luck be a Lady" Video??

I had heard about that video, but I had never seen it. Thanks for posting that, Paul! I nearly bought the Las Vegas Season 1 DVD to have a pristine copy of that video, but I could never find out for sure whether or not it was on there. I had heard it aired as a trailer in movie theaters promoting the NBC Series Las Vegas.

So that would be 2003 as well, right? The tune was on a Japanese EP that year as well as a bonus track on the US Best Buy version of Nitro Burnin' Funny Daddy, and now comes on the iTunes version of that album.

First video is Lady Luck - Last Video is Luck Be a Lady... weird, huh?

Rick Be a Billy
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 11:34 pm

As a friend of Rickabilly and a fan of Las Vegas (TV Series)

I will do some research on the music video for the Luck Be a Lady music video.

I am 95% sure this is not included on any of the DVD sets, and I will be glad to sift through my seasons and see if it is in there.

Luckily, my wife and I LOVE this show, but it has been unfortunately cancelled.

NBC, apparently the new Fox. (See: Arrested Development)

So Rick, don't spend your monies, and if it is on there, I will of course hook a brotha up. I just dont thinks it is.

From the land where the snowflakes are beginning to fall...

BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 6:16 pm

Was'nt there the sessions at West 54th street, with David Byrne.

Wee Mark.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 6:44 pm

There are plenty of TV appearances, but Kelley was looking for the single-song music videos that were shot to promote singles, albums, and in some cases, movies and TV shows. So the various concert and chat show appearances and guest spots (90210, The Nanny) don't quite factor into this list.

I Want My MTV-billy
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 11:37 pm

well basically, I really have a lot to catch up on in terms of any appearances or videos or whatever and I may never catch up, lol since Brian hasn't really 'retired' from the business it seems for the past 30 years, so any info is great for me!!

or, or....better yet, you can pm me some Brian clips that are intersting which might be anything cheers

sooo I dunno, that's it

kelley
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 3:03 am

okay, I just saw the Nanny episode-what was he doing on there?
she seemed kind of smitten with him, that's great!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
penguin

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:26 am

Fran Drescher used to go to a lot of BSO shows. She was a big fan.
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 10:42 am

penguin wrote:
Fran Drescher used to go to a lot of BSO shows. She was a big fan.

Fran is from Queens, NY. People from Queens are cool.

That is all.
Budgie Flufkin
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:16 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
I had heard about that video, but I had never seen it. Thanks for posting that, Paul! I nearly bought the Las Vegas Season 1 DVD to have a pristine copy of that video, but I could never find out for sure whether or not it was on there. I had heard it aired as a trailer in movie theaters promoting the NBC Series Las Vegas.

So that would be 2003 as well, right? Rick Be a Billy

Yeah, I believe it was 2003, whichever year that Las Vegas started its first season. I remember watching that clip as a preview for the movie The Score. Sadly, though, I think JK is right, as I don't believe its on any DVD of the show. JK, I actually liked that show as well, although I think it was better when Sonny Corleone (aka James Caan) was still in the cast. Shame it had to end, especially in the middle of the season. Oh well, guess I'll have to send the Kraken after NBC!

Capt. Jones
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 1:21 pm

Davy Jones wrote:
Yeah, I believe it was 2003, whichever year that Las Vegas started its first season. I remember watching that clip as a preview for the movie The Score. Sadly, though, I think JK is right, as I don't believe its on any DVD of the show. JK, I actually liked that show as well, although I think it was better when Sonny Corleone (aka James Caan) was still in the cast. Shame it had to end, especially in the middle of the season. Oh well, guess I'll have to send the Kraken after NBC!

Capt. Jones

am I mistakin', or his this really been a Davy Jones-Post in that he didn't talk like a pirate??? Wow!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 8:40 pm

according to IMDB, the nanny lasted from 1993-1999 (I'm pretty sure it was the '990's, look at the clothes! Very Happy )
and Brians' part was in '97

but yes I saw Fran in Spinal Tap, that was a great movie!
Back to top Go down
Jon Pascual

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 8:19 am

Right, gonna put this into order!!!

Stray Cats video/dvd collection:
* Video 45, 1983 (4 clips)
* Stray Tracks, 1985
* This Country is Rockin' (USA, Europe) AKA Rock Detroit (for Japan), 1989
* Greatest Hits (For Japan Only) 1989
* Rock Paris (for Japan Only), 1989
* promotional VHS with 9 clips, 1989
* Rock Tokyo, 1990
* Best Of (For Europe only - same tracking as Greatest Hits), 1992
* Rumble In Brixton, 2004

The Cats are also featured on a Jimmy Barnes clip, called "When love is enough", with live images of the SCats Aussie Tour 1990, but they never played in that song)

Brian Setzer video/dvd collection
* Live In Japan, 2001
* Xmas Extravaganza, 2005
* One Rockin Night, 2007
* Brian Setzer vs Hotei vs Char: Hotei Super Soul Sessions, 2007 (for Japan only)

Video clips by Setzer:
* The Knife Feels Like Justice, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, 1986
* Rebelene, When The Sky Comes Tumblin' Down, 1988
* Lady Luck, 1994
* Jump, Jive An Wail, 1998
* if You Can't Rock me, 1999
* In The Mood, 2000
* I'm Only In It For The Honey, 2002
* Sexy Sexy, 2002
* Luck Be A Lady, 2003
* Little Darling, 1991 - in this song, Setzer is featured on a Jimmy Barnes clip, where he is also playing the guitar and doing some backing vocals
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 9:53 am

OK, since we're expanding this beyond the BSO, we can include the Hotei video for "Back Streets of Tokyo" - the latest "Music Video" with an appearance by The Brian.

Rising Sun-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Jon Pascual

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 11:30 am

Oh yes, I forgot that one Rickabilly!
Thanks! Btw, funny clip indeed
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 2:34 pm

whoa.... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help   Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Setzer Orchestra video lists help
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next