Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine

Go down 
+4
Andi
Pinkpiratekitty
sidelake bob
webelvis
8 posters
AuthorMessage
webelvis

webelvis

Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Empty
PostSubject: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:33 pm

Brian's on the Cover of germany's top Rockabilly magazine.

Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Dynami10

I haven't got myself a Copy so far, but I'll definetly do the next Days.

Paul
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:23 pm

Cool Paul. Buy two and send one to me. Wink
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:34 pm

I saw that on the Rockabilly Rules website. I was thinking of getting one for myself too!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 6:59 pm

Pinkpiratekitty wrote:
I saw that on the Rockabilly Rules website. I was thinking of getting one for myself too!

Nooo! Don't tell me about more places I can spend money!! I just got home to Australia with a new guitar, a new tattoo, a new haircut, MANY new tshirts, a pair of creepers and several new bandanas for my hair. That magazine... it includes an article about Setzer and coverage of the Senigallia festival. Argh! Shocked

Last edited by andi on Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pinkpiratekitty

Pinkpiratekitty

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:46 pm

andi wrote:
Pinkpiratekitty wrote:

Nooo! Don't tell me about more places I can spend money!! I just got home to Australia with a new tattoo, a new haircut, MANY new tshirts, a pair of creepers and several new bandanas for my hair. That magazine... it includes an article about Setzer and coverage of the Senigallia festival. Argh! Shocked

They do have some pretty cool stuff, so don't venture there at a weak moment Wink Once thing that is pretty funny is that they have some t-shirts with raceways & autoshops around here - go figure!

Is that your new ink in your avatar? It's pretty cool! I need to post some pics of mine. My latest was of a three piece band that consists of some vintage Halloween decorations. They are black cats, and they came out pretty cool.

PPK
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 5:11 am

What do you think about this?
I'm going to buy myself a copy, and because the magazine is written in german I'll write a translation of the article and post it here.
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 6:05 am

Bitte und vielen Danke! Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 6:13 am

en ongelma ( I hope the finnish dictionary page didn't lie!)
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 12:50 pm

Okay, I'm gonna try to stay as near at the original text as possible:

"A Bit a different Kind of concert":
Munich, Zenith 24. 08.2008

I'm not one of those true Rockabillies, and also not a great writer. But I've been there! At the Stray Cats Concert. And I took a lot of impressions with me! Especially this one: It rocked! On stage, yessss! They had fun those three. And some people of the audience aswell. In the center, in front of the stage, and around them. There were those end-forty years olds in the back, maximal luffing their feet a bit, and with this "yes I can still remember"-face. Self conscious, cautious. Parhaps because of the Sound, that wasn't right on every Part of the Location. And than I start thinking to myself how it really must have been back then, when those three guys showed some more skin and tattoos, when there was still the shine of the revolution in their eyes. was it wilder, more passionated? More Rock'n'Roll?
No Matter, don't challenge anything! Listening to the music and liking it, Because that's what they know how, and love, just playing their music, With having a lot of fun! Altogether I liked it, and think it was good! " a bit a different kind of concert" With Chevy, Oldsmobile, V8, and Petticoat in front of the Hall.

"Kachelmann Like a Star @ heaven was wrong"
Hamburg Stadtpark, 01.09.2008
( Like a Star @ heaven Kachelmann is probably the most popular forecaster her in germany)

The atmosphere of this open air stage is sth. very special, and it also made this concert of the stray cats a real highlight. Already for three times the trio has played at this nice place, in june and in September 1989 and in July of 2004. So it was quite obvious that the "Farewell Tour" would be taking place here. Although Kachelmann had forecasted a rainy day the open air territory stayed dry and warm. That made not only the audience, aswell as Lee's parents and some Members of th New York Philharmony,that had travelled here from New York having a good time. After about an hour full of "Rockabilly-Classics" the excited audience got two Encore-Sets from the Cats before the crowd went home in their US-Cars, Granadas or just with the Subway.

"Never say Never again!"
Cologne, E-Werk, 02.09. 2008

Although there was the forthcoming Bandsplit, the anticipation was big. Already hours before the concert started the territory around the E-Wek was ruled by Ladies with bangs and petticoats aswell as the matching Guys with pomps and sideburns. The support-Band Buzz Campbell and Hotrod Lincoln had a walk over with their Mix of Country, Rock'n'Roll and Rockabilly, and the audience that was in the best mood. With applause and some shy shoutings for an Encore they left the stage. And then some minutes to 9 O'Clock it was Showtime for the Band that had reanimated Rockabilly in the 80's and whose influences you can still feel today!

Extreme casual and laid back Slim Jim Phantom, Lee Rocker and Brian Setzer entered the stage and started as usual with "Rumble in Brighton". Is It the years that didn't pass without leaving their traces? Is it the stress of touring? Routine? Or are the Cats just not in the right mood this evening? Because it took quite a long time till the three Guys had the the audience completely on their side. For about one and a half hour we got to hear old and new stuff, Hits and rarieties, played virtuosly and announced funny. The Solos of Mr Setzer and Mr. Rocker were mixing up the evening a bit. But those competition Fights -especially by Brian Setzer-the star of the evening- were extremely annoying, So the concert was over before the crowd really went wild. Also the Encores didn't change this. Sad that the Cats didn't use the good prework of Buzz Campbell&Hotrod Lincoln in a better way.

I don't really want to believe that the Stray Cats don't want to play together anylonger, but at least it's a little comfort that they will visit us again with their Solo-Projects, and you should never say never,should you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I didn't make to many mistakes in my translation, and I'd like to mention, that' I've been visiting that concert in cologne and I completely went wild, perhaps the author was on the wrong place of the Location, but I had a great time (I've been standing second row, middle of the stage right in front of Brian Cool )

Paul
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:30 pm

Paul, thank you so much for translating all that! That was very kind of you. It's interesting how many different viewpoints you can get from people that were all at the same show, depending on where they were in the venue, their own personal feelings, and what's going on around them. I saw the Paris and Senigallia shows, and though both had their "incidents," Brian, Lee and Jim put on a very high energy, exciting show both times. I didn't see any signs of competition or any indication that one was the "star" above the other two. Again, that's just my perspective from where I was standing (or rather, jumping up and down and screaming and shooting pictures like crazy, as the case may have been!)

PPK, yes, that's my new tat in my avatar. It's "Miss Plunkett," the pinup girl from the early Stray Cats records that originally appeared in Blighty men's magazine in 1951. It says "Dulce Periculum" on either side, Latin for "Sweet Danger" - I learned while visiting family in my travels over the past couple months that this is the motto for one of the clans in my family tree, and I thought it suited the pinup girl very well! Perhaps we need a tattoo thread...
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:40 pm

Yeah, cheers for the translation Paul.
Andi, I could be wrong but the impression I got from the word 'competition' was in the sense of those type of musical duels you'll often see Brian do, with the BSO for example.
I could be completely wrong though, as I wasn't at that particular show.
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:44 pm

steb74 wrote:
Yeah, cheers for the translation Paul.
Andi, I could be wrong but the impression I got from the word 'competition' was in the sense of those type of musical duels you'll often see Brian do, with the BSO for example.
I could be completely wrong though, as I wasn't at that particular show.
No,no Maybe I haven't chosen the best way to translate that part, but in the original Text it's obvious that the author is talking about some rivality between Lee and Brian.
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 1:58 pm

Ahh, thanks Paul, interesting indeed. (sorry Andi Very Happy )
To be honest I think the reviewer is probably well off the mark, I dunno???
The 2 shows I saw this year were absolutely incredible, they easily blew away the 2004 tour.
(They were 2 early shows though, Bilbao & Madrid)
Thanks again man!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:49 am

Thanks a lot Paul.
Such a great cover with fantastic pix but a little wicked article...
I was not at the german shows but I went to the last french one (Nantes, september 7th).
So I really ask myself where the guy saw a competition between Brian & Lee and how he can find Brian "annoying" because of acting as "the" star.
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:39 am

Choochoohothub wrote:
So I really ask myself where the guy saw a competition between Brian & Lee and how he can find Brian "annoying" because of acting as "the" star.

Yep, i`m with you. I was in Hamburg.
I think he is one of these "I saw the cats often in the early 80ies-and i`m more authentic than Rockabillies ever been"-guys

I saw the Cats for the first time, but i was at many other shows of different artist.
And these three guys enjoyed what they did. I`m totaly sure!
But at the end they are also professionel musicians. And they make money with music. And for me it is ok. I buy there music, i paid for their show and i even bought a tour-shirt.
Nobody ask a car mechanic if he is authentic and still a friend of his colleque.
If he repair my car good way i`m happy.
I donĀ“t know if i make my point clear, lousy english sorry,
but it seems for me in the Rockabilly scene there is a lot of jelousy around.

So, the pic is cool, the review sucks. (for the cologne show)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:05 pm

What posters was in the magazine Paul Question
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:12 pm

When I bought it I hoped it would be a Stray Cats Poster, but it was a picture with the winnerof the "Dynamite-Pinup Contest" on the one, and some kind of Graphic
(I don't really like it) on the other side.

Paul
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 12:27 pm

webelvis wrote:
When I bought it I hoped it would be a Stray Cats Poster, but it was a picture with the winnerof the "Dynamite-Pinup Contest" on the one, and some kind of Graphic
(I don't really like it) on the other side.

Paul

Ok! I most say that it was a fast answer. Dynamite-pinup contest .. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine   Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian Setzer on the Cover of german rockabilly magazine
Page 1 of 1