Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The trip, she is done

Go down 
+5
Hot Rod Girl
Guitarmaniac
Kelley
webelvis
Andi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

The trip, she is done Empty
PostSubject: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 12:38 am

So I'm back home in Australia after four months on the road. We saw many great bands, parks, pubs, museums, people... Check out the photos and all the pertinent stats if you're interested.

http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:29 am

Wow, awesome Pics!
that must've been an awesome trip!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:49 am

love the Stray Cats photos, thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 1:54 am

Awseome Pics Andi!!!
I haven't finished watching the slideshow, yet, but I mostly saw pics from Italy, where else have you been?

EDIT:
I just got to the pics from Paris =)
Now London...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 7:32 am

I'm really digging the red cons on holiday set. Great job. You're obviously a very talented photographer. Glad to hear you had a safe, fun trip around the world.

rendeer
hrg
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 9:54 am

Fantastic job Andi, thanks a lot for sharing with us !! Cool
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:24 am

Thanks ya'll, it was literally the trip of a lifetime- I'm glad you like the photos. I thought the Red Cons on Holiday project was a nice way to get more unique shots of some commonly photographed tourist places as well as some of my favourite spots back home on the West Coast. I have to say though, I'm really glad to be back to my closet that has more than one pair of shoes in it Smile

Guitarmaniac, we did Italy, Paris, London, Bristol, Wales, Toronto, Montreal, the Northeastern US and the West Coast (my parents and grandparents all live in California and Oregon, I was born and raised in So Cal.)

Now that I'm back to my normal laptop with Photoshop (I was using a combination of the Gimp and Picasa to edit while on the road, and I'm not that well versed with either) I'll see if I can't pull out any more good photos from the Stray Cats' shows- and the rest of the trip as well. I took several shots in the last four months with the intention of making panoramas or HDRs but didn't have the time or inclination to struggle through figuring out how to do them with the Gimp!

If you aren't familiar with HDR (high dynamic range imaging), check out this guy's work, he's the king of the genre: http://flickr.com/photos/stuckincustoms/sets/72057594049344877/

I can't produce anything anywhere near that good, but here are my HDRs from when I visited Europe in 2004: http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/sets/72157600110729123/ I'm workin' on it!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:39 am

Andi thanks so much for sharing looks like you had a blast. Happy to see you found your way home safe and sound.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Hehe so what's it like to come back home and it's hot and humid and your ass sticks to the computer chair, but you can't go outside because big storms are terrorising the local neighbourhood?.. Razz

I followed your photos along the way - very good! Very Happy

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Kid Setzer wrote:
Hehe so what's it like to come back home and it's hot and humid and your ass sticks to the computer chair, but you can't go outside because big storms are terrorising the local neighbourhood?.. Razz

I just IMd my dad, who is in cool, foggy California and told him it's disgusting weather here. Wasn't looking forward to getting back to that!!

Kid Setzer wrote:
I followed your photos along the way - very good! Very Happy

Thanks Kid! Now time to start planning for our big February bash in Brisbane. Can't *wait* to photograph that. Who's comin?! Let's have some fun before the show(s)!

sunny
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Hehe well I'll probably be pooped out by Brisbane.. I don't have alot of poop in me so I get pooped out quite easily... Heck yes the photos should look GREAT! I love the Tivoli, old school theatre, two levels, and innnnnnnnnnntamate!.. So we should plan to meet up and Pete and whoever else on the day - like lunch or something?.. I'll be landing in Brisbane the day before the first gig.

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:24 am

Hi Andi , I just looked at every single photo. Absolutly stunning And the REdCons pictures are great. I hope you dont mind but I saved a few them to show my 10 year old son some of the beauty in the world. I really enjoyed them.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 12:55 pm

Vincent Blackshadow wrote:
Hi Andi , I just looked at every single photo. Absolutly stunning And the REdCons pictures are great. I hope you dont mind but I saved a few them to show my 10 year old son some of the beauty in the world. I really enjoyed them.

Thank you so much Vincent, I am honored! I'm glad you enjoyed them so much and I hope your boy does too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The trip, she is done   The trip, she is done Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The trip, she is done
Page 1 of 1