Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83

Go down 
+5
Scatman
Kid Setzer
Brooklyn Bomber
Kelley
JC
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JC

JC

Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Empty
PostSubject: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 6:16 pm

I've just rewatched the clips of the Stray Cats at the US festival on the Hoodoo Voodoo video page. It's obviously professionally filmed.

That stage looks so huge with a Rockabilly trio on it!

Is the whole of the Stray Cats performance available on DVD?
Thanks
John
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 8:01 pm

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Kelley on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:02 am

shaker wrote:
Is the whole of the Stray Cats performance available on DVD?

It was a great gig Stray Cats played that's for sure. To get back to your qustion...if you're looking for the complete show on DVD...yes, there is but it's an illegal pirate production which apeares from time to time on ePay. The quality (picture) is not as good as you might think of a pro-shot but there should be something like a "remastered" version from Japan too but I can't tell you anything about it because I never got me that remastered version.

Have a nice one...

BB
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:43 am

Brooklyn bomber,
you mean my dvd link isn't the offical one either?
oh
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 12:52 am

kelley68 wrote:
Brooklyn bomber,
oh

BB is saying that there ARE DVD's of the concert out there, but none of them are official releases condoned by the Stray Cats.

I have a copy of this concert, it's very cool.. haha yes the stage is HUGE!! Mine is a copy of a copy of a copy of a copy so quality wise it isn't great, but I enjoy watching it.. if I had a DVD burner I could help you out, I'm sure someone else on here could hook you up Razz

Kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 10:05 am

kelley68 wrote:
Brooklyn bomber,
oh

Kelley68,

the link that you've posted shows an official version of the US-Fest '83 DVD which includes ONLY three songs of the Stray Cats' gig [ STRAY CATS "MAKE UP YOUR MIND" "FISHNET STOCKINGS" "ROCK THIS TOWN"].

If I got it right Shaker asked for the whole show on DVD and the DVD with the complete show of the Cats is an illegal one...I guess it's the one Kid Setzer has.

@ Kid Setzer

Kid, do you have that DVD with that pretty pale colours...looks like faded?

BB
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 11:57 am

These performances were never officially released in any retail manner, shape or form that I am aware of. If i recall correctly, edited sets by each group were aired on cable tv back in the day, and that appears to be the source of 3 songs. These same 3 songs were also provided to radio stations as part of a large US Fest package for later broadcast.

Many years later, and many years ago, a complete pro-shot tape of the Cats' set surfaced, but the video quality of those copies circulating were fairly poor. I'd be curious to hear what the video quality is on these "complete" dvd sets that are being sold, unauthorized, online.

Obby Dooby!
Scatman
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:29 pm

thank you Scatman, that all makes sense! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peeteycat

peeteycat

PostSubject: Scatman - how!?!?   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2008 3:53 pm

Scatman-

How do you find the time to research and post these things?

Shouldn't you be programming your I-pod for your Christmas party?

By the way - thank you for the tunes. Without your music - our holiday party would have been a complete failure.

And yes I still want my nachos.

Peeteycat
Back to top Go down
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 4:14 am

I posted this on a previous topic so apologies for repeating myself but new ppl are joining all the time.

You don't need to buy these bootleg DVDs.Save your money.Instead simply follow these steps.

Watch a video on youtube.
Open up a new browser window and type in www.vixy.net
Copy and paste the url into the vixy converter.
Save the converted file to your computer and either watch at your leisure or burn your own DVDs.
You can even choose to convert video files to audio.It's a great FREE tool.
I have found downloading the converter to my desktop works better as there is sometimes a delay waiting for the server.

Enjoy,
Steve
I ain't that computer savvy,but it is a very easy process.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 4:24 am

Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Kelley on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kbilly

kbilly

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 5:36 am

www.rockshowvideos.com ther complete performance is available here but i'm not aware if it is authorized by the CATs.
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2008 11:48 pm

WOW! Thanks for all the input and thanks especially kbilly and kelley68 for the links!

Cheers
John
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Bigbassape

Bigbassape

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2008 7:33 am

I went to three of the four days of this fest. The Cats played the same day as oingo boingo, wall of voodoo, missing persons, and the Clash. HBO broadcast the whole thing, but the footage of individual sets has never been released. As far as I have been able to surmise, HBO owns the footage, and no mutually acceptable agreements were ever reached between the various labels and HBO.

THat being said, I have managed to obtain reasonably decent video copies of complete, or mostly complete sets by:
The Clash
Van Halen
Motley Crue
Stray Cats
Judas Priest
Ozzy Osbourne
The English Beat.

I also have audio by many more as well.

if you're familiar with bittorrents you can search on mininova, TPB, and other sites for the unauthorized video.

g
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83   Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stray Cats ~ US Festival '83
Page 1 of 1