Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brian talks about his first tattoo...

Go down 
+9
Gloria
sidelake bob
Budgie
Kiki
Rickabilly
Cristo
JC
Andi
Kelley
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kelley

Brian talks about his first tattoo... Empty
PostSubject: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:16 pm

at the 4:30 mark, cute video:

Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:40 pm

Huh... is that tension between Brian and Jim over their ages when they got their first tattoos?! The look Jim gives Lee is like "wtf?!" Sheesh- brothers!

(yes, I know they aren't actually brothers but they've known each other long enough and certainly act like it)
Back to top Go down
JC

JC

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:46 pm

Don't know about cute but a great video! Very Happy

Where is this from?
Back to top Go down
http://www.raveon.fourfour.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:49 pm

some concert in Finland, but don't know the year-'89 maybe?
but yes, of course I'm supposed to say the video is cute, us females usually think that way about our favorite guys (or maybe it is just me, ha ha)
sorry about that drunken
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:25 pm

kelley68 wrote:
but yes, of course I'm supposed to say the video is cute, us females usually think that way about our favorite guys (or maybe it is just me, ha ha)
sorry about that drunken

The word "cute", when used by females, can be and often is used as a substitute for a multitude of other words (or thoughts). The word "cute" is most often used to express acknowledgment of something that is "Delightfully pretty or dainty" or "Obviously contrived to charm; precious" but can also be used to translate such emotions as fondness, love, sarcasm, rage, or even pure hatred. It all depends on the context.

Males should never use the word "cute" around a female, as the danger of being misunderstood is much too risky and nearly undetectable in any given situation. It is best for males to never use this word.

For example, when I see an infant whose bright smile and chubby, rosy cheeks leave me awash with a warm fuzzy feeling, I simply substitute an appropriate word of my choosing.

"Your baby is totally rad."
"Little Joey is the coolest little rugrat on the block!"

In conclusion, the word "cute" can be used as a compliment, a decoy, or a weapon. However, I think that we can safely infer from this context that our good friend kelley68 was simply expressing a genuine affection and love for the baddest, most swinginest cool-cat of rock'n'roll (and number ONE on MY guitar-hero list!), Mr. Brian Setzer.

NOTE: I just found some kinda fly floating in my whiskey glass. But that was 5 minutes ago, and now the glass is empty. Rolling Eyes WHOOPS!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:46 pm

Cristo wrote:
The word "cute", when used by females, can be and often is used as a substitute for a multitude of other words (or thoughts). The word "cute" is most often used to express acknowledgment of something that is "Delightfully pretty or dainty" or "Obviously contrived to charm; precious" but can also be used to translate such emotions as fondness, love, sarcasm, rage, or even pure hatred. It all depends on the context.

I always thought it meant sexy when referring to le Setz.
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:51 pm

andi wrote:
Cristo wrote:

Yeah, but only for CHICKS! Well, I would imagine SOME dudes, too... I mean, he IS Brian Setzer. Ask Rene and Pete about that! (Oh, NO!!! Sorry guys, couldn't resist)

Please-don't-kill-me-billy
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 8:54 pm

It's okay Cristo, you can admit you think Brian is sexy in a totally heterosexual, male-appreciating-another-male kind of way.

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:01 pm

andi wrote:
It's okay Cristo, you can admit you think Brian is sexy in a totally heterosexual, male-appreciating-another-male kind of way.

Twisted Evil

Okay, FINE.

Dammit! I knew it would come to this eventually! drunken
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:14 pm

Cristo wrote:
Okay, FINE.

You sure gave in easy on that!! Very Happy

Cristo wrote:
In conclusion, the word "cute" can be used as a weapon.

You just proved your own point!! Hee hee!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 10:37 pm

dammit I did it again!! didn't mean to offend anyone Embarassed
but you know, I always use the word cute as a compliment to guys or babies, whatever
but see, um, I am not used to being in a board like this one, where Brian of course is definitely a heterosexual male who wouldn't dare use or would even like being called 'cute'
I guess that is the California gal in me to use those terms, sorry!!!

I could use the word 'ono' which means good in Hawaiian, how about that one??

Kelley
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 11:57 pm

Funny, I thought "ono" meant crazy dragon lady who breaks up bands and destroys friendships. Twisted Evil

I guess I've been misusing that one for quite a while, then...

Thanks for the linguistics lesson, Kelley!
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 8:51 am

Maybe there's a "bromance" brewing?
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:25 am

kelley68 wrote:
Brian of course is definitely a heterosexual male who wouldn't dare use or would even like being called 'cute'

The Brian used to love it when I called him "cute"... <sigh....>
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 9:35 am

kelley68 wrote:
sorry about that drunken

Yes, I think it is live in Helsinki 1989.
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:04 pm

kelley68 wrote:
Brian of course is definitely a heterosexual male who wouldn't dare use or would even like being called 'cute'
I guess that is the California gal in me to use those terms, sorry!!!

Kelley

Hey Kelley,

From one California girl to another, you use whatever word(s) you want to, girlie! Cute works for me. cheers
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 5:26 pm

hey Budgie,
did you use to date Brian or something? or just met him a lot backstage?
you saying that he liked it when you called him 'cute' lol

well he is, can't help it you know drunken drunken
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2008 6:00 pm

kelley68 wrote:
hey Budgie,
did you use to date Brian or something?

It seems like so long ago... so far away... there were gloves involved...

Not the Morrisey kind, though!!

Not cryin',
Budge
Back to top Go down
WildCat

WildCat

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 5:36 am

Budgie wrote:
Not cryin',
Budge
Lies!

cat
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/wildcat794
ossi

ossi

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 6:05 am

more of kaivopuisto

i think was more than 1 concert in Helsinki Kaivopuisto over the years,
thus there's more videos too.

im not 100% sure thought.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://howlinboozers.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 10:57 am

thank you Ossi! didn't see those
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 11:01 am

This gig is on a bootleg lp, too, I have the gig on vhs somewhere.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:44 pm

Cristo wrote:
kelley68 wrote:
sorry about that drunken

Males should never use the word "cute" around a female, as the danger of being misunderstood is much too risky and nearly undetectable in any given situation. It is best for males to never use this word.

For example, when I see an infant whose bright smile and chubby, rosy cheeks leave me awash with a warm fuzzy feeling, I simply substitute an appropriate word of my choosing.

"Your baby is totally rad."
"Little Joey is the coolest little rugrat on the block!"

In conclusion, the word "cute" can be used as a compliment, a decoy, or a weapon. However, I think that we can safely infer from this context that our good friend kelley68 was simply expressing a genuine affection and love for the baddest, most swinginest cool-cat of rock'n'roll (and number ONE on MY guitar-hero list!), Mr. Brian Setzer.

NOTE: I just found some kinda fly floating in my whiskey glass. But that was 5 minutes ago, and now the glass is empty. Rolling Eyes WHOOPS!

Ok Rickabilly, stop pretending to be Cristo Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 1:46 pm

Cristo wrote:
andi wrote:
Cristo wrote:

Yeah, but only for CHICKS! Well, I would imagine SOME dudes, too... I mean, he IS Brian Setzer. Ask Rene and Pete about that! (Oh, NO!!! Sorry guys, couldn't resist)

Please-don't-kill-me-billy

Not that there's anything wrong with that Rolling Eyes ( I can't believe I've used that twice in here)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 2:05 pm

pony65k wrote:

Ok Rickabilly, stop pretending to be Cristo Laughing Laughing

OK, I've pretended to be the King, Elvis Presley, before. But I have NEVER pretended to be THE King, Cristo, aka Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. lol!

I've mastered several ways to get to Hell, and that ain't one of them.

Sin-a-billy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brian talks about his first tattoo...   Brian talks about his first tattoo... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brian talks about his first tattoo...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next