Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zillions of photos

Go down 
+2
mjcodina
Andi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Zillions of photos Empty
PostSubject: Zillions of photos   Zillions of photos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2008 11:59 pm

So today I finally sat down and went through all 700+ photos I took at the Stray Cats shows in Senigallia and Paris. I had previously uploaded nearly 60 photos from Senigallia and only 8 from Paris (things went all shithouse that night in Setzerland so I couldn't be arsed to look at them again 'till just now!) I've just now uploaded an additional EIGHTY EIGHT photos from Senigallia and THIRTY SEVEN from Paris! Not sure if anyone besides a nut like me would actually care to look through them all...

If you want you can take a quick look just by scrolling through my photostream:
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/

Or, you can look at the individual sets. Here are the outtakes from Senigallia, which actually include a few gems:
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/sets/72157611367452905/

And here is the Paris set with all the new additions:
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/sets/72157607155031354/

If anyone missed it the first time around, here is the original set from Senigallia as well:
http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/sets/72157607228665119/

Here are some of my faves from the new additions:

Zillions of photos 3122309848_c260ae232f_m
Setzer Noir

Zillions of photos 3121488223_4a00bf9c20_m
The Stray Cats

Zillions of photos 3122385374_d3d2161bba_m
Brian Setzergasm

If anything, this just illustrates how very photogenic I find Brian Setzer to be. The dearth of photos of Lee and Jim is embarassing, and my apologies to them for the imbalance!
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

Zillions of photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zillions of photos   Zillions of photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 3:29 am

those are beautiful man! i went through and saved most of them. wish i couldve been there too.
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
jonhope

jonhope

Zillions of photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zillions of photos   Zillions of photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 7:42 am

Fantastic photos - thanks very much for sharing them Cool

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/afterburnerslive
Kelley

Zillions of photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zillions of photos   Zillions of photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:00 am

setzergasm-he he I am going to remember that phrase!!!

and no, you are not crazy for sharing all of those photos! I could look at Brian all day mmmmm drunken
(but then again, you probably know that about me by now, eh? Very Happy )

thank you for sharing your time with us

Kelley
Back to top Go down
Kelley

Zillions of photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zillions of photos   Zillions of photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 9:27 am

and oh, I had added some comments on your photos on your site!
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

Zillions of photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zillions of photos   Zillions of photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 10:27 am

haha. Setzergasm!!!!! i didnt see that
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
Kiki

Kiki

Zillions of photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zillions of photos   Zillions of photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:09 pm

You do nice work, Andi. What are you shooting with?
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

Zillions of photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zillions of photos   Zillions of photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:36 pm

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you enjoyed them. I sure enjoyed taking them!! Much love to Tommy, again, for making that happen.

Kiki, I use a 6 megapixel Nikon D70 (it's pretty old now by digital standards but I know it like the back of my hand and can't justify upgrading!) Since we were overseas for four months I tried to pack really light, so I only took a single lens with me- my favorite Nikon 18-200mm 3.5-5.6 VR lens. The vibration reduction is fantastic for concert photography but I wish I'd had faster, longer glass. The big lighted "Stray Cats" sign at the Paris show actually provided enough light to catch the action much more sharply- it wasn't up in Senigallia so I really had to overshoot to get good photos, my lens just couldn't open wide enough to get good light at that show. I had to shoot at 1600 ISO to get what I got, and I hate doing that.

IF I was going to try to make a career of photography, I would probably pay the seriously big bucks to buy a really fast, long zoom lens. But I'm not. Not enough high profile shows come to good ol' Bundaberg!!! Very Happy

And I just bought a guitar and amp, so I'm actually starting to sell off some of my camera gear to pay for my new hobby! But I'll keep this camera and lens as long as I can!

EDIT: I assume most "real" concert photographers don't spend as much time as I did just photographing musicians' faces. I love portraiture and capturing emotion in people's faces, and Brian offered that in spades - much more so than Lee and Jim. The Setzergasm and the one below are good examples. They're almost too intimate!!

Zillions of photos 3122386018_aea44fedd5
Back to top Go down
Kiki

Kiki

Zillions of photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zillions of photos   Zillions of photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:51 pm

Knowing your camera and feeling comfortable with it is key to delivering the quality that you have. Your D70 seems to be serving you quite well, as your imagery is beautiful! But, it's not the camera that makes the decisions, you have a keen artistic "eye."

Wonderfully done!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

Zillions of photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zillions of photos   Zillions of photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Kiki wrote:
your imagery is beautiful! But, it's not the camera that makes the decisions, you have a keen artistic "eye." Wonderfully done!

Thanks Kiki! Having such great subjects makes all the difference in the world too. sunny
Back to top Go down
Jon Pascual

Zillions of photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zillions of photos   Zillions of photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 8:04 am

Wonderful shots (not only of the Cats, but also of yours!!)

Aww, I miss watching those Aussie TV series like Home & Away or Neighbours... I want Setzer featuring one episode!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zillions of photos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zillions of photos   Zillions of photos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Zillions of photos
Page 1 of 1