Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

some video joy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

some video joy Empty
PostSubject: some video joy   some video joy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:39 am

Haven't seen this old "performance" of Gonna Ball- I don't think they're even plugged in. Brian is hamming it up quite a bit, not even bothering to try to play the guitar parts for real- but the camera work is so shocking you can hardly tell! Bloody hell he's so adorable.

Here's a song I'd never seen him do before. Looks like someone lit a stick of dynamite in him, he's just explosive compared to everyone else on stage. What a showman.

Calm yourself Kelley.

sunny
Back to top Go down

some video joy Empty
PostSubject: Re: some video joy   some video joy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:13 am

That's Ricky Nelson's "Waiting In The School".
I nearly passed out when I first watched the whole show some 6-7 years ago... Brian Setzer played a few more songs (though not leading) and Carl Perkins guested on a few tunes too... superb!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

some video joy Empty
PostSubject: Re: some video joy   some video joy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:15 am

dammit andi, why do you do this?? Very Happy dont' you know Valentine's Day is coming up, the hottest day of the year, lol

well actually I had seen them both before, BUT in that first video, around the 1:40 mark, wow I just love it when he gets on the ground like that who cares how he plays the guitar, hee hee

the second one, he looked a bit too wired up, but yes he certainly is a
showman! what a guy! Very Happy

Last edited by kelley68 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

some video joy Empty
PostSubject: Re: some video joy   some video joy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 5:21 am

Hahahah Kelley, LMAO!!!!
I think he did ;-) And after that, I'm sure that he got totally canned!!
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

some video joy Empty
PostSubject: Re: some video joy   some video joy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:48 am

It´s always nice to see Dave Edmunds on the stage with Brian. They should get together and do some work soon...
Back to top Go down

some video joy Empty
PostSubject: Re: some video joy   some video joy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:00 am

You're totally right David.

I love Dave Edmunds, great guitarist, even greater singer, wonderful arranger and producer...

If I am right, Rockabilly Riot was initialy planned to be recorded with Slim Jim on the skins and Dave Edmuds as the producer.... somewhere in Wales I've heard.

I was very pleased when I saw that Dave played a couple of encores at London's Brixton Academy
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

some video joy Empty
PostSubject: Re: some video joy   some video joy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 2:09 pm

I just found these, from the Ryman Auditorium. Brian looks like he's gonna cry at the end of Sleepwalk.

Back to top Go down
Kelley

some video joy Empty
PostSubject: Re: some video joy   some video joy Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:28 pm

I have seen these before too-but the first clip OMG I never noticed the ending part, oh poor baby! Sad Sad I wanna reach out and hug him
*he actually looks like he was saying 'oh wow!' at the applause there, that was what I think made him cry
Crying or Very sad poor hunny
Back to top Go down
Chillicat

Chillicat

some video joy Empty
PostSubject: Re: some video joy   some video joy Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:12 pm

ohhh... that song... gets me everytime... no matter what. goosebumps, whether I hear him do it live, or recorded... *sigh*
thanks for sharing that andi!
cat
C
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

some video joy Empty
PostSubject: Re: some video joy   some video joy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

some video joy
Page 1 of 1