Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock? Empty
PostSubject: Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock?   Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:30 pm

was having some deja vu with Elvis Costello songs ( really love his stuff since I was a kid)
and starting watchin video on youtube. Found a version of "alison" he sang at
the 99' woodstock concert and he walks out with a candy apple red 6120SH and its
missing the mud switch just like Setzer's and his finally chords ring out with the bigsby 'n
the signature gritchy tone is all there... HHMmmmmmm... there is a story about that
some where. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock?   Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:45 pm

Elvis Costello is so great! my brother listened to him all the time
his appearance on Saturday Night live is not to be missed (you know, the one where he stopped playing in the middle of the show? this happened waaay back when! Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock?   Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Another great album from 2008 is Elvis Costello's Momofuku! It's a return to that classic Attractions sound, circa 1978. Funky garage-band keyboards from Steve Nieve, and that great twangy Costello guitar. It was a little painful to hear live - he opened for The Police last spring, and whomever was doing the soundboard gave The Attractions a painfully distorted sound. Still, it was worth it to finally see one of my musical heroes live. My friends with me were there to see the Police. Me, I was there to see Elvis Costello! He probably did more songs in 45 minutes than The Police did in 100! Sting came out to sing a verse on Alison. Not bad at all!

Hmm... Setzer played Woodstock '99. Could E have nicked The Brian's guitar?

I Don't Want to Go to Chelsea-billy
Back to top Go down
ChimingBell

ChimingBell

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock?   Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 5:06 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
was having some deja vu with Elvis Costello songs ( really love his stuff since I was a kid)
the 99' woodstock concert and he walks out with a candy apple red 6120SH and its
missing the mud switch just like Setzer's and his finally chords ring out with the bigsby 'n
the signature gritchy tone is all there... HHMmmmmmm... there is a story about that
some where. Smile

on the old guitar pages of the old briansetzer website brian mentioned that elvis costello borrowed his hotrod - and did not want to give it back Very Happy neither would I do cheers
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock?   Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2009 10:16 am

ChimingBell wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
some where. Smile

on the old guitar pages of the old briansetzer website brian mentioned that elvis costello borrowed his hotrod - and did not want to give it back Very Happy neither would I do cheers

Elvis used to play an old gretsch club, but it got destroyed in a basement flood so you can imagine how good it felt to play that custom fretted honey! (he kinda has that dublin
grin when he hits the bigsby at the end and hears the amp gritch up!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock?   Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Elvis Costello using Setzer 99' hotrod at woodstock?
Page 1 of 1