Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!

Go down 
+19
mjcodina
t.man
gbrand59
Tweedboy6L6
Spanishdavid
Kingsley16
webelvis
EskimoPie
Rickabilly
Le Hub'
Cristo
enjay07
peeteycat
Rockabilly Ross
Budgie
Andi
Kid Setzer
Kelley
johnnykool327
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 6:23 am

From what I gather, the Fine Line is a night club, not a theater, and the seating is General Admission, with a few VIP tables along an upper level rail. It's a lot bigger than Lee's Liquor Lounge, though. My guess is the VIP seats will be for family members. The Cats always seem to prefer a full dance floor. I don't see that being a problem. Photos and recording equipment are banned, but since it's a birthday party, maybe they'll loosen up.

The Pixies filmed a DVD there a couple years ago. I would feel a lot better about the photo ban if they would consider professionally filming this event. Then again, the pressure of "getting it right" on a professional shoot might take away from the fun of the party.

Blow Out the Candles-billy
Back to top Go down
gbrand59

gbrand59

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 8:14 am

I see there is a presale on thursday, but have to have a password, anyone know what it is?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rumblejetts
Kingsley16

Kingsley16

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:14 am

At Ticket Master it says "Fan Club Presale". where is the fan club page?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:54 am

Oh Andi,
thanks! You see? it's easy to deal with me ;-)
Back to top Go down
t.man

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:33 pm

gbrand59 wrote:
I see there is a presale on thursday, but have to have a password, anyone know what it is?
Greetings Cats & Kittens,

I just received a promotional email from the moderator of the main page.

The password is "BIRTHDAY".

If I can't afford to be in Clear Lake IA three weeks from now, I definitely can't afford Minnesota. I hopt that you all have fun.

Regards,

T in CA
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:58 pm

http://www.finelinemusic.com/about.html

check out the club. looks like a place the BSO wouldve liked to play during the Dirty Boogie Era. A little small for it but the atmosphere is right. Tiki torches everywhere Smile
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Yeh, I also had a look at the venue... it looks great!! That reminded me to the Rockstar venue in Barakaldo, where they started the European Tour... I guessed that venue was for about 1600 people or so which seems great for a Birthday bash!!

Hmmm, will they also be planning some shows for Slim Jim & Lee Rocker's birthdays too??
Back to top Go down
lisathegreaser.

lisathegreaser.

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:06 pm

For everyone going. I seen this place on the Food Network. on Dinners, Drive-ins,& Dives.
You have to be tattooed to work there. And it looks like a great place.. The food has to be good for
them to show it on the Food Network

http://www.psychosuzis.com/

Looking for a sitter for my mom . If I can get a sitter for the weekend. Sal and I are going to be there.

Those who know me, know my mom is real ill.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:44 pm

JonPascual wrote:
I guessed that venue was for about 1600 people or so which seems great for a Birthday bash!!

I don´t even think the Fine Line can hold that many people.

lisathegreaser. wrote:
Sal and I are going to be there.

Fuck!!!! couldn´t it had been in February???? No No No No No
Back to top Go down
lisathegreaser.

lisathegreaser.

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:33 pm

I know David......totally sucks. But we still are gonna have 3 weeks next month. Watch out Double Trouble is back. Can't wait to see you back !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:01 pm

what do you mean by tattooed to work there? you mean as many tattoos as Brian lol
*lighthearted dumb joke*
Back to top Go down
lisathegreaser.

lisathegreaser.

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:09 pm

kelley68 wrote:
what do you mean by tattooed to work there? you mean as many tattoos as Brian lol
*lighthearted dumb joke*

When the owner was on the food network. Guy Feri who has a lot of ink. He is the host of Dinners, Drive-in's and Dives. He asked her about tattooed workers. And the owner replied, the more tattoo's the better. I have 13 and counting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:23 pm

oooh okay I'm too scared to get even one, lol

guess that leaves me out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 6:31 pm

kelley68 wrote:
oooh okay I'm too scared to get even one, lol

guess that leaves me out Very Happy

Tattoos are cathartic for releasing inner pain..the process of application is a
trial of discomfort but where there was once destructive fire in the heart, beauty
from the ashes arise.

does anyone know if Setzer ever had that coloring book on his back finished. It was
just outline and shadow for the GP player article shot.

btw.. everything I said above is bullsh%t when it comes to having your
elbow inked. I nearly died getting my Tiki, but thats the only thing that really
hurt besides maybe my calf.
Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 L_3523ca2353ea4da9bceadc300c09050f
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:48 pm

andi wrote:
JonPascual wrote:
Haven't the Cats toured the whole of the US just a year and a half ago??
Consider yourselves lucky... you get Stray Cats, BSO...

Holy shit, Jon and I agree on something. Never thought I'd see the day.

Say it ain't so Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Just a few notes about the venue.

Fine Line is located on 1st Avenue in Downtown Minneapolis, just a few blocks from the legendary First Ave and 7th Street Entry, and maybe 1/4 mile from Lee's Liquor Lounge. (I have been there maybe 3-4 times for concerts since the Nashvillain show!)

The place is not huge, but is still awesome. It is about 3/4 of the depth of First Ave, and 1/2 of the width, for those of you who may have visited the Mecca of Minnesota Live Music.

The lighting and sound at Fine Line are amazing. I have been to a good 5-6 concerts there, and no matter where you are, it looks and sounds great.

Parking will, of course, be a pain in the ass, but, if April 10 is like any Minnesota April, it will be moderately nice enough to walk a few blocks if needed.

I hope many of you are able to make it for the big night, it will obviously be something to remember.

BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:53 pm

tvthewiredturtle
Brian's back was just an outline? didn't know that one
he said on MTV once that the one on his calf really hurt! (the one that looks like a cowgirl?)

and Lisathegreaser, I LOVE Diners, drive ins and dives, how could anyone not watch that show?? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:06 am

kelley68 wrote:
tvthewiredturtle
he said on MTV once that the one on his calf really hurt! (the one that looks like a cowgirl?)

and Lisathegreaser, I LOVE Diners, drive ins and dives, how could anyone not watch that show?? Very Happy

ya, all that work he had done is the first step to any larger piece, you gotta be a sick
animal to have them turn you into hamburger doing outline, shading and then
all the color work... usually the first two are done and they send you home to
heal for two week, come back and dial in the color... that is of course unless you
are going for the chicano dark green tattoos.

One reason why this half latino HAS ALL COLOR tats since being pulled over when I was younger and harrassed by the bitch cops of riverside county. Driving while Beige in a lowered car with a pomp is crime in the IE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
lisathegreaser.

lisathegreaser.

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:40 am

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
kelley68 wrote:
tvthewiredturtle

ya, all that work he had done is the first step to any larger piece, you gotta be a sick
animal to have them turn you into hamburger doing outline, shading and then
all the color work... usually the first two are done and they send you home to
heal for two week, come back and dial in the color... that is of course unless you
are going for the chicano dark green tattoos.

One reason why this half latino HAS ALL COLOR tats since being pulled over when I was younger and harrassed by the bitch cops of riverside county. Driving while Beige in a lowered car with a pomp is crime in the IE.
C:\Users\Lisa Farina\Pictures\wristtattoos2.jpg
Back to top Go down
johnnykool327

johnnykool327

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:54 pm

lisathegreaser. wrote:
For everyone going. I seen this place on the Food Network. on Dinners, Drive-ins,& Dives.
You have to be tattooed to work there. And it looks like a great place.. The food has to be good for
them to show it on the Food Network

http://www.psychosuzis.com/

Looking for a sitter for my mom . If I can get a sitter for the weekend. Sal and I are going to be there.

Those who know me, know my mom is real ill.

cheers

I stopped at Suzis for the first time this summer with a group of friends. A very neat place. At the time, I was on a diet so I was very limited to what I could eat, but they were apparently known for their pizza. We were lucky enough to go on a very nice summer night and could sit outside on the large patio. Fun place. Would highly recommend, especially if you were able to eat outside.

BK
Back to top Go down
http://kingawayretrievers.com
wee mark

wee mark

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 8:33 am

Been on night shift last 2 weeks. Mist all the fun. Not been on line at all.
Gonna be a cracking show, laid back. Hope it comes out in blu-ray.

All the best........................Wish i could go.

Wee Mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!   Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stray Cats, April 10, Minneapolis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2