Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Reverend and Lee

Go down 
+4
Jess
Hot Rod Girl
donpepe
Spanishdavid
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

The Reverend and Lee Empty
PostSubject: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:01 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 12:16 pm

Yeah! Thanks! More!!
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 4:58 pm

Cool video, it's neat to see RHH w/ Lee, but it underscores one thing to me...

There is only ONE Brian Setzer. And to me he can run circles around anyone else who may play w/Lee and or Jim when they play Stray Cats tunes. imho: Brian Setzer's signature guitar playing and singing voice made the Stray Cats, and make him the King of Rockabilly. Everything else (currently) pales in comparison. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the video!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Jess

Jess

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 10:53 pm

Fuckin' cool....
Back to top Go down
http://www.taggytones.dk
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:40 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:

There is only ONE Brian Setzer. And to me he can run circles around anyone else who may play w/Lee and or Jim when they play Stray Cats tunes. imho: Brian Setzer's signature guitar playing and singing voice made the Stray Cats, and make him the King of Rockabilly. Everything else (currently) pales in comparison. Just my opinion.

I think it´s fair to say that Reverend´s playing in this song is absolutely brilliant. I´ve never heared anyone getting as close to Setzer on this one like he does.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 6:35 pm

Quote :
I think it´s fair to say that Reverend´s playing in this song is absolutely brilliant. I´ve never heared anyone getting as close to Setzer on this one like he does.

I'd have to agree w/ you. Reverend's playing is great, and it's close to Setzer...but still not Setzer. Rev's playing of this song makes me realize just how good of a guitarist Brian Setzer really is.

I stand in awe!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 9:29 am

Hot Rod Girl wrote:

I'd have to agree w/ you. Reverend's playing is great, and it's close to Setzer...but still not Setzer.

No one will ever argue with that. There´s only one Setzer.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:09 pm

there is only one setzer, but there is only one Jim heath and Jim can kick ass on the
guitar. Perhaps not from a jazz background, but when it comes to wailin' on solo's and
riffs...brians got some competition for sure. Jims things is a mix of dick dale and hendrix, Setzer does not come from that school!

brang it! clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:44 am

Thanks David for sharing that video
BUT
I have to say I'm sick now, probably because they played on a boat, didn't they?
Oh yes they did, the image is always moving and the man with the camera probably fell in the sea, because it sounded like a Cousteau' s documentary Laughing

Concerning the real and indubitable fact that Brian is one, we have to admit he's not the only Gretsch guitar player in the world!! And accept there're other good guitarists too. So, we can applause RHH for these very good covers.

But don't worry guys, my favorite are and will ever be Stray Cats

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 5:43 am

FrenchyCat wrote:

Concerning the real and indubitable fact that Brian is one, we have to admit he's not the only Gretsch guitar player in the world!! And accept there're other good guitarists too. So, we can applause RHH for these very good covers.

oh man....do I have to admit that he's not the only Gretsch guitar player in the world? I don't want to accept that there are other good guitarists out there. nope, simply cannot be true. Razz

(please note that this was written with a heavy influence of sarcasm Smile )
hrg
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:28 am

[quote="Hot Rod Girl"]
FrenchyCat wrote:

(please note that this was written with a heavy influence of sarcasm Smile )
hrg

that's how I understood it Very Happy

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
ch1naski

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 6:49 pm

Ah, The Rev and BS are two separate animals. While Brian is without a doubt a "virtuoso", from roots to jazz to Bach, the Rev's playing perfectly compliments his songwriting.
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 6:40 pm

I'm not that big a fan of The Rev's music. I do own his dvd though and will pull it out ocassionally to watch him wail on his Western Gretsch. I gotta say that I really enjoyed this version of That's All Right Mama. There is no doubt Rev's a great guitar player. I stopped the clip though when they started Rock This Town. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:34 am

Here is a video of Rock This Town by the Rev from his last European Tour, less than a month ago:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend and Lee   The Reverend and Lee Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Reverend and Lee
Page 1 of 1