Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The bass playing chef

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

The bass playing chef Empty
PostSubject: The bass playing chef   The bass playing chef Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:12 pm

Some of the folks here may recall back in July my hubby and I took a trip up to Northern Queensland and befriended Jay McIvor, the former double bass player for the Salt Flat Trio (among other excellent Australian Western Swing and rockabilly bands). I ended up writing my first ever song- about Jay!

Well Jay and his friend Sean are currently road tripping around Australia and recently spent the weekend with us. We had a ball, went and saw some live music, and even jammed in my living room (since I'm still fairly awful on the guitar, luckily we had another friend over who actually *knows* how to play guitar and the jam wasn't a total bust!)

Knowing that Jay was also trained as a chef, I asked if he'd cook us a meal. He came home with armloads full of groceries- fresh vegetables, chicken, prosciutto, camembert cheese, the works- and proceeded to concoct the most amazing chicken wrapped prosciutto and Mediterranean vegetable stack. Of course, I love photographing people so I took dozens of photos Smile

http://flickr.com/photos/andihazelwood/

We have a great time every time we see Jay. I told him that once I can actually play guitar I wanna start a band with him. Don't hold your breath for that though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: The bass playing chef   The bass playing chef Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Yum! That meal looks amazing. Sounds like you all had a great time together.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: The bass playing chef   The bass playing chef Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 4:18 pm

I forgot to mention he used about a hundred leaves of sweet basil, fresh from our garden, in the meal too. Just thinking about it now is making me drool. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: The bass playing chef   The bass playing chef Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 7:46 pm

Hey Andi,
That looks great! And I spy Coopers Pale Ale!!!!!!!! And stubbie holders!!!

Only in Australia..............

Are they coming through Adelaide?? Plenty of Pale on tap here!!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: The bass playing chef   The bass playing chef Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:00 pm

those grilled vegetables remind me of what my neighbor used to cook-so good! tongue
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: The bass playing chef   The bass playing chef Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 10:01 pm

and oh, I haven't seen those STP shirts in a long time, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: The bass playing chef   The bass playing chef Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Pistol Pete wrote:

Hey Pete, I don't know where else they were planning to go, other than Tamworth, Melbourne and at some stage Perth. Jay said he might come back to Brissie for the Feb 27 Cats show, but we'll see.
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: The bass playing chef   The bass playing chef Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:43 pm

andi wrote:
Pistol Pete wrote:

Hey Pete, I don't know where else they were planning to go, other than Tamworth, Melbourne and at some stage Perth. Jay said he might come back to Brissie for the Feb 27 Cats show, but we'll see.

Well if they wanna catch up for a Pale, let me know.
Cheers Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The bass playing chef   The bass playing chef Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The bass playing chef
Page 1 of 1