Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nagoya set list

Go down 
+12
BSO_Rocks
tvthewiredturtle
Spanishdavid
Le Hub'
Andi
Kelley
sidelake bob
Niels Schroeter
Scatman
Gloria
Rocky Mountain Cat
Guitarmaniac
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:22 am

Hey folks,
I have something good for you (yeeees I do!)

Nagoya's set list included these tracks:
Viva Las Vegas, Good Rockin' Daddy, True Love, 49 Mercury Blues, Gina, Too Hip Gotta Go & Brand New Cadillac.

Quite interesting set list!
Back to top Go down
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:38 am

Viva Las Vegas!!!
I really hope there will be some kind of bootöeg or even official Recording from this Tour!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Rocky Mountain Cat

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:15 am

From The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive (thanks to Alex)

01-25-09 ~ The Brian Setzer Orchestra ~ Aichi-ken Geijutsu Gekijo ~ Nagoya, Japan:

SETLIST
"Batman" Theme - Setzer played '59 6120
Drive Like Lightning (Crash Like Thunder)
'49 Mercury Blues
One More Night With You
Good Rockin' Daddy
Your True Love
The Dirty Boogie
Sleepwalk
Wolfgang's Big Night Out
Honey Man
This Cat's On A Hot Tin Roof
For Lisa - Setzer played 6040MC - SS
Gene & Eddie (Trio set) - Setzer played HOTROD: Leopard 
Too Hip, Gotta Go
Runnaway Boys
Gina
Fishnet Stockings
Stray Cat Strut (Trio > Orchestra)
Jump Jive An' Wail - Setzer played '59 6120
Rumble In Brighton
Rock This Town - Setzer played HOTROD: Red
Brand New Cadillac

Last edited by Rocky Mountain Cat on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:38 am

Hey Rocky Mountain,
you also know Masa from Kobe??

He's been a trader of mine since 2002!!!
Back to top Go down
Gloria

Gloria

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:56 am

That is an awesome setlist! Viva Las Vegas? '49 Mercury Blues? Drive Like Lightning? Songs from the first BSO album? Sleepwalk back in the setlist! YES! I would love it if Brian would do a tour like this in the U.S. I'll take the Christmas shows if that's the only way I can get him, but parts of this setlist remind me of the good old days when BSO toured in the summer. Way to go, Brian! Good luck with the tour!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 10:53 am

Um, unfortunately I think Viva Las Vegas was the pre-recorded track that plays over the sound system while the BSO take the stage. I'll have to confirm that, but that is my assumption right now.

Last edited by Scatman on Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Niels Schroeter

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:43 am

Scatman wrote:
Um, unfortunately I think Viva Las Vegas was the pre-recorded track that plays over the sound system while the Cats take the stage. I'll have to confirm that, but that is my assumption right now.

That is correct. "Viva Las Vegas" is the pre-recorded walk-on music. The "unknown" instrumental is "Batman." Just so everyone knows, set lists will not be posted on bs.com because we don't want to spoil any surprises for people going to any of the other upcoming shows. If they're posted here, people view at their own risk!

Tour is off to an absolutely rockin' start!!!
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:23 pm

Any photos Niels? Neutral
Back to top Go down

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:34 pm

Niels,
is there any chance of the set lists being posted on briansetzer.com after the tour???
Back to top Go down
Kelley

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:22 pm

right now, it's past 6 in the morning Monday over there I believe

here in Honolulu it's past 11 a.m. Sunday still early in the day Smile
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:48 pm

Scatman wrote:
Viva Las Vegas was the pre-recorded track that plays over the sound system while the Cats take the stage.

You mean the Orchestra. Very Happy

Niels Schroeter wrote:
Just so everyone knows, set lists will not be posted on bs.com because we don't want to spoil any surprises for people going to any of the other upcoming shows. If they're posted here, people view at their own risk!

Niels, thank you very much for participating here and letting us know some of the reasoning behind decisions like that one.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Just hope Niels will answer affirmative way to Bob & Jon questions !
Anyway, what a setlist ! Full of surprises and come backs !!
Good Rockin' Daddy... Have not listen this one live since 1995 !
WBNO is still on the way !
Lucky Japan... (Europe has still a lot to learn !) Cool
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 10:35 am

Niels, I have a sugestion; you guys really need to have something done about the Official Message Board. You can´t have a BSO tour running, and having as TOP info:

-Sold out 50th Anniversary Stray Cats Show
-Old youtube video
-Christmas Rocks! is the #1 MP3 album on Amazon and Brian is the top MP3 Artist today! Congrats Brian! (12/21/08 )
-Finally, A BSO Video For Your iPod!

and after that, the list of shows in Japan.

I´m no one to tell you how to take care of your business, but we are in 2009 and Internet is probably one of the most powerfull tools around the world to connect people; needless to say that there are hundreds of thousands of fans all over the world that have no clue about the existance of hoodoovoodoolounge, so basically all they know/learn about Setzer is from your Official website.

I´m not saying that you guys should have it all up and running like it was before, but at least a little bit of action would sure be appreciated by the fans.

And I hope you take this as constructive/positive criticism; no further intention, not asking for Tommy to be back (in case you think that´s the point). Just whoever is in charge of taking care of it, should think about the main reason of having a website up, and act consequently.

I could be wrong, just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:34 pm

Rocky Mountain Cat wrote:
From The Brian Setzer Setlist Archive (thanks to Alex)

01-25-09 ~ The Brian Setzer Orchestra ~ Aichi-ken Geijutsu Gekijo ~ Nagoya, Japan:

SETLIST
"Batman" Theme - Setzer played '59 6120
Drive Like Lightning (Crash Like Thunder)
'49 Mercury Blues
One More Night With You
Good Rockin' Daddy
Your True Love
The Dirty Boogie
Sleepwalk
Wolfgang's Big Night Out
Honey Man
This Cat's On A Hot Tin Roof
For Lisa - Setzer played 6040MC - SS
Gene & Eddie (Trio set) - Setzer played HOTROD: Leopard 
Too Hip, Gotta Go
Runnaway Boys
Gina
Fishnet Stockings
Stray Cat Strut (Trio > Orchestra)
Jump Jive An' Wail - Setzer played '59 6120
Rumble In Brighton
Rock This Town - Setzer played HOTROD: Red
Brand New Cadillac

Thanks RMC, much appreciated.. like the guitar play by play cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:30 pm

I see eye to eye with you David but I haven't said anything earlier on, just to avoid any "trouble" (you know what I mean...)
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:18 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:
Niels, I have a sugestion; you guys really need to have something done about the Official Message Board. You can´t have a BSO tour running, and having as TOP info:

-Sold out 50th Anniversary Stray Cats Show
-Old youtube video
-Christmas Rocks! is the #1 MP3 album on Amazon and Brian is the top MP3 Artist today! Congrats Brian! (12/21/08 )
-Finally, A BSO Video For Your iPod!

and after that, the list of shows in Japan.

I´m no one to tell you how to take care of your business, but we are in 2009 and Internet is probably one of the most powerfull tools around the world to connect people; needless to say that there are hundreds of thousands of fans all over the world that have no clue about the existance of hoodoovoodoolounge, so basically all they know/learn about Setzer is from your Official website.

I´m not saying that you guys should have it all up and running like it was before, but at least a little bit of action would sure be appreciated by the fans.

And I hope you take this as constructive/positive criticism; no further intention, not asking for Tommy to be back (in case you think that´s the point). Just whoever is in charge of taking care of it, should think about the main reason of having a website up, and act consequently.

Well done David. Very nicely stated and I also agree with everything you wrote.

I'm convinced that more fans are interested in knowing what is being played at the shows than in keeping it a secret. What other major recording artist does such a thing? In a situation like this you really can have your cake and eat it too.

Having all the setlists available on the official site while keeping them a secret at the same time is quite easy to accomplish. It really is. Wasn't the former webmaster very successful in doing exactly that by creating a special tour dates page that included links for each individual show's setlists?

That way if you did not want to find out what was being played at the shows, you did not click on the links. But if you did want to know, like many, many other fans from around the world, you could easily access that important information. Seems like a simple idea to me. And it worked for every Setzer tour I can remember for the past 9 or 10 years.
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
BSO_Rocks

BSO_Rocks

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:55 pm

Spanishdavid wrote:

I completely agree. BS.com has become lame, stale and nothing more than an effort to promote sales.
This negative impact on Brian's fans will catch up with him sooner rather than later.
Come on, .... a highlight on the welcome page is a video that's how old now? 3 months? ...
... when there's currently a Japan tour?

I don't know what you guys are thinking but whatever it is, it's a far cry from a web site geared towards "fans".

Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 7:44 pm

Hey guys, I think Niels' job is to promote a product and to attract new customers to that product - without overexposing the product. He comes here and talks to people he knows are lifelong customers just as a courtesy. We aren't going to stop buying Setzer music and attending Setzer shows if setlists aren't posted on the official site and he knows it. By berating him all you're doing is making it less likely that he'll stop by and tell us anything at all in future.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:41 pm

Ditto.. The A&R record guy is not the PR management... And please dont slight Setzer for
any of this.. He's a recording and performing artist.

btw.. are there any good Japanese setzer sites?
Back to top Go down
BSO_Rocks

BSO_Rocks

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 9:44 am

andi wrote:
Hey guys, I think Niels' job is to promote a product and to attract new customers to that product - without overexposing the product. He comes here and talks to people he knows are lifelong customers just as a courtesy. We aren't going to stop buying Setzer music and attending Setzer shows if setlists aren't posted on the official site and he knows it. By berating him all you're doing is making it less likely that he'll stop by and tell us anything at all in future.

For the sake of clarity, I am not interested in personal attacks on this or any other site. I am interested in expressing my opinion, and it seems that many here agree, that BS.com has almost fallen by the wayside as compared to other "official" sites, including the "BS.com of yesterdays". I'm sure that Niels is a wonderful guy, but that's a completely different subject.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:25 am

BSO_Rocks wrote:
andi wrote:

For the sake of clarity, I am not interested in personal attacks on this or any other site. I am interested in expressing my opinion, and it seems that many here agree, that BS.com has almost fallen by the wayside as compared to other "official" sites, including the "BS.com of yesterdays". I'm sure that Niels is a wonderful guy, but that's a completely different subject.

true, the current BS site is BS.
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 1:52 pm

Maybe Niels is not the right person to direct my coments to, but since he was the one who at least, showed up in here, and someone who has a direct connection to whoever is in charge, that´s why I wrote what I wrote, which actually is no news at all.

I didn´t want to start a war either, cause like I said, it was meant as constructive criticism.

And of course, I am not going to stop buying his cd´s or attending to as many gigs as my wallet can afford, cause I am a long time fan... but like I said, in an era where EVERYBODY AROUND THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD spends lots of hours in front of computers searching for any kind of information, having and decent website can be a way to attract new fans, or even bring back some that have been "gone" for a while.

You all know better, how powerful internet is nowadays. Imagine your life´s today without a pc or internet connection. You would SURE survive, but you would SURE miss a lot of information of any kind you can think of.

The official website looks like crap. If it was my website, I would rather close it up than having it up that way.

Andi and TV, Niels may not be in charge of it, but he did actually make a comment about it and why is not being updated with the set-lists, so I guess he may have some kind of connection to it.

Also, I don´t want to compare bs.com to any other website. I just want to compare it to what it was.

And like I said.... I´m not asking for Tommy to be back. I´m asking for someone to really take care of it. We all know that having it updated like before is probably something that is not gonna happen cause is not easy, but at least some updates in a decent timely manner. Specially when "something" is happening, like a Japanese BSO tour... at least do it for them, for the Japaneses. You guys know Japas LOVE Setzer probably more than he is loved anywhere else in the world nowadays - at least speaking of number of people attending gigs and buying cd´s.

Again, this all is said with all my respect, not trying to offend anyone, specially Mr. Niels Schroeter, who took his time to write in here a couple days ago, and is always welcome and respected by every single person in the house. I´m just pointing out something which I consider is obvious.

PS: and by the way, I personally don´t care if set-lists are posted after the shows or not... I trully don´t care about that. But a couple pictures, or a comment, or a little something, I don´t know.... but a little something, would sure be appreciated by the fans. Again, it is 2009 folks. Wake up.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:44 pm

Amen..
Nagoya set list Nuns
Back to top Go down

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:53 pm

Just for the ones interested in getting to know what happened last night in Osaka...
the show was even shorter than the preceding ones in Kanazawa and Nagoya. As far as I know, Brand New Cadillac, One More Night With You and 2-3 more songs weren't included in the set list.

Fingers crossed for the shows in Tokyo, where Brian is keener on playing!
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 2:54 pm

I agree at 100% with David, Jon, BSO Rocks, etc.
The fact is that the official site became a pure commercial site! It's not a personnal attack on anyone here, it's just I'm bored with this "keeping secret " attitude. We're in 2009, guys, and Internet is a chance for us fans to live our passion live.
Concerning Tommy, I'd only say he knew how to keep the site alive, even when there wasn't anything new in Setzerland. Good days....

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nagoya set list Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nagoya set list   Nagoya set list Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nagoya set list
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next