Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dick Brave and the Backbeats????

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fabdad

Fabdad

Dick Brave and the Backbeats???? Empty
PostSubject: Dick Brave and the Backbeats????   Dick Brave and the Backbeats???? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:04 pm

Greetings all!

While cruising iTunes for some new music...I came across Dick Brave and the Backbeats. Anyone heard this? Great music, interesting choice of covers as well.

~ Fabdad
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Dick Brave and the Backbeats????   Dick Brave and the Backbeats???? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:36 am

Dick's real name is Sascha Schmitz, he's a german Pop-Singer. Some years ago he took a break from making music, and travelled to the States, there he visited Graceland, and got the idea to form a rockabillyband to play just one Gig, so he searched some musicians, and booked some clubs. Well, the end of that story was, that he was more succesful as Dick Brave, than he had ever been as Sasha. This is the Band that brought me to rockabilly, because well, you don't hear it very often today, but when I heard the sound of that guitar, it blew me away!
The name Dick Brave and the Backbeats was chosen, because it sounded like Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

These are the two official Videos they produced, quite cool I think:

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Fabdad

Fabdad

PostSubject: Re: Dick Brave and the Backbeats????   Dick Brave and the Backbeats???? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 3:32 pm

thanks for the info. Kinda dumb luck that I stumbled upon them....but it has been on constant play for the past couple days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dick Brave and the Backbeats????   Dick Brave and the Backbeats???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dick Brave and the Backbeats????
Page 1 of 1