Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Setzer photo gallery

Go down 
+7
tvthewiredturtle
Hot Rod Girl
badkitty
Brett
Brooklyn Bomber
Kelley
Andi
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Setzer photo gallery Empty
PostSubject: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 10:46 pm

In case anyone missed badkitty's mention of it in the Nagoya thread, there's a big ol' career-spanning image gallery over at briansetzer.com now:
http://www.briansetzer.com/image_gallery.php

Nice work, Niels and all. Some images in there I've never seen before, and all nice and big. Yer gonna give me and Kelley the vapors!
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 1:51 am

drunken *siggggh, faint* drunken

okay, I had to pulll myself back up on my computer desk, lol
dammit Neils you must be reading my mind or something I love you
thank you for those gorgeous photos

Last edited by kelley68 on Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:37 am

Did you guys notice that this picture has been photoshopped?

Setzer photo gallery 018

On the original picture (the lower one) the button on the collar of Brian's leather jacket shows a Nazi Hakenkreuz (hooked cross). This cross has disappeared on the pic from the gallery(the upper one).

Setzer photo gallery 018_or11
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:46 am

Nope, hadn't noticed. Was too busy looking at that awesome pile of hair and those sharp blue eyes. But now that you mention it, that's pretty interesting!

__

EDIT: It's now 2021. I am angry that this was my response to seeing Brian Setzer wearing a Nazi swastika.

White supremacy is still a major problem today. We all have a responsibility to do better.

Last edited by Andi on Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 2:49 am

well, the pic does look cleaner, but of course, Brian is still hot in the photo!
maybe Neils wanted us ladies to have a better look, good job! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:34 am

Uhh Kelley, behave yourself ;-)
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 3:37 am

can never behave myself otherwise life would be no fun!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:54 am

but the gallery is cool,

no doubt.

Love all these Mag-Cover
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:35 pm

Although I've always liked the brooding quality conveyed in that photo, I did find the Nazi emblem disturbing. Of course he was pretty young when that was taken, & sometimes young people do foolish things without stopping to consider their significance. I agree, though, the gallery is great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:59 pm

I'd be interested to know the history behind the pin....the swastika had many different "symbolisms" before Nazi Germany. I wonder where he picked it up? Anyone know how to do a photo search on the pin?

Curious,
hrg
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 9:43 pm

So you're saying Setzer used to tie his shoes in little knotsies?? tongue

hey whats with the baby pictures, setzer's a grown ass man!!
Setzer photo gallery 070
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
badkitty

badkitty

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:03 pm

Some of us like living in the past, tv Wink
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:12 pm

Sweet pic, TV! But what's with the photo-shopped Space Invaders on that sweater? Is The Brian an alien life form sympathizer?

Atari-billy
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:21 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
hey whats with the baby pictures, setzer's a grown ass man!!

Baby pictures?! Those ain't the eyes and lips of no innocent....
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:27 pm

Rickabilly wrote:
Sweet pic, TV! But what's with the photo-shopped Space Invaders on that sweater? Is The Brian an alien life form sympathizer?

Atari-billy

hey the space invaders sweater is actually pre Fuhrer indigenous chimayan indian carpet...

ps. c'mon badkitty.. people dont count when it comes to living retro, you just cant overhaul someone's face like a good 50s buick. Otherwise they end up lookin like this:
Setzer photo gallery Little-richard
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 10:52 pm

I Googled swastika along with wheat, oats, grass, grain, barley. Barley is the winner.

Setzer photo gallery Radwj

Search for "RADwj" - Reichsarbeitsdienst der weibliche Jugend is the Labor Service of the Reich for the Female Youth / German Third Reich.

Ever see the movie Swing Kids? The pin indicated a young woman's membership - voluntary or not - in Hitler's youth labor program.

If it's original and Brian still has the pin it's worth something to military memorabilia collectors today.
Back to top Go down
donpepe

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:18 pm

The first b/W photo in the gallery is from an old TomCats gigposter. I had a copy but I gave it to a real BS collector who framed it.
Back to top Go down
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:27 pm

I'm keeping my original Tomcats poster..........sorry!

Anyhoo, that sweater picture was taken during a rehearsal for one of the
east coast Christmas tv appearances.........Conan, perhaps?

Maybe Budgie or his pal Maguire can confirm this, as it was Tommy who took that picture, if I recall correctly.

Have a safe drive, Rickipedia!

Rock Around with Ollie Vee indeed!

Oh Boy!
Scatman
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:28 pm

I have a photocopy of that Tomcats poster. And when Stray Cats played the ritz NY, in October 1991 , I got all 3 Cats to sign it. I also got to speak to Jim.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 11:45 pm

that sweater looks so cozy, mmmm
wanna snuggle up to him! serious

anyway, when I was in middle school, someone grabbed my hand and penned a Swastika on it once, didn't know what it meant until someone told me to wash it off right away the other kids got offended, so I did!

that's my little Swastika story
*shrugs*
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:20 am

andi wrote:
I Googled swastika along with wheat, oats, grass, grain, barley. Barley is the winner.

Setzer photo gallery Radwj

Search for "RADwj" - Reichsarbeitsdienst der weibliche Jugend is the Labor Service of the Reich for the Female Youth / German Third Reich.

Ever see the movie Swing Kids? The pin indicated a young woman's membership - voluntary or not - in Hitler's youth labor program.

If it's original and Brian still has the pin it's worth something to military memorabilia collectors today.

Yep, this pin is from the f*****g Nazi Gangster.
But back in the 70ies to the early 80ies it was cool to show these kind of pins in the Biker-scene. (in the US & also UK and Europe)
That has nothing to do with Nazi Ideology.
Search for old pics of the US Biker of the Hells Angels and Outlaws, you`ll find a lot of these symbols.
I`m also part of the Biker scene, but i never used these symbols. I hate everything from these period (33 to 45). The Nazi Bastards killed so many people, and destroyed our german culture and artics merits for centuries.
Everywhere in the world people thinking German culture is "Oktoberfest" & "Weisswurst".
But we had so many good people before 33 in culture. (Fritz Lang, Marlene Dietrich, a lot of fantastic jewish musician like Comedian Harmonist)

So, imho the original pic of Brian with the pin shows a young Brian with a Rocker/Biker additude.
Later they changed the pic and it was a good idea to do that.

@Andi: yep, i know "Swing Kids", True story and it happend where i live, in Hamburg.

TGIF

Brett

Last edited by Brett on Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:33 am

thanks Brett! but Brian still has a 'rocker' attitude, doesn't he?
yes it is TGIF huh? yipee
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 12:53 am

kelley68 wrote:
thanks Brett! but Brian still has a 'rocker' attitude, doesn't he?
yes it is TGIF huh? yipee

for sure he has...but the outfit changed a bit...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setzer photo gallery   Setzer photo gallery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setzer photo gallery
Page 1 of 1