Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!! Empty
PostSubject: thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!!   thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 11:34 pm

saw the ad on your myspace Web and clicked (whadda expect with that
picture) and the music that met my ears yielded an
instant "that's the sh$t I've been trying to do with my band".. and so
I bought his album on Itunes! Cool stuff... rad voice, neo-vintage arrangements.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!!   thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:43 am

Yep, they're really an awesome Band!
At the moment I'm hardly working on putting together a Band to go in about the same direction. So far I got Drums, a Saxophone, an awesome jazz-pianist, and me with my guitar.

Did you know, that there are transcriptions to all Wolfgang Parker Songs on his page Here?

Paul
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!!   thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 7:07 am

webelvis wrote:
At the moment I'm hardly working on putting together a Band to go in about the same direction. So far I got Drums, a Saxophone, an awesome jazz-pianist, and me with my guitar.

Paul

you're hardly working?
That seems kind of odd Paul^^
But I know what you mean...
you're working hard^^

Sorry I know I'm a smart ass...

if you give me a Bass I can play Bass ;-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!!   thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 8:19 am

webelvis wrote:

Did you know, that there are transcriptions to all Wolfgang Parker Songs on his page Here?

Paul

I bought that CD, and listened to it but I'm not getting into that one tune that sounds like he's lite in the loafers... I dont care how metro sensitive a singer is, the song is weird. Tell me I didnt pay for
Elton John Jr....
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!!   thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:16 pm

I quite like 'Whisper something German' & 'The mice, the piggies and the Demons'.. I've liked Wolfgang Parker for a while now, but mainly just those 2 tunes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!!   thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:15 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:

I bought that CD, and listened to it but I'm not getting into that one tune that sounds like he's lite in the loafers... I dont care how metro sensitive a singer is, the song is weird. Tell me I didnt pay for
Elton John Jr....

Are we talking "I Could Be You"???? That song is wrong on soooo many levels, but it's still a brilliant CD. He's having a CD release in Ohio. I emailed him since I got an invitation and told him I'm in Australia and couldn't make it. Blow me down, I got a response and he said he's trying to get to Australia, but to be patient. So the Wolfman might be headed Down Under, that would be incredibly cool!!!

René
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!!   thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:24 pm

pony65k wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Elton John Jr....

Are we talking "I Could Be You"???? That song is wrong on soooo many levels, but it's still a brilliant CD. He's having a CD release in Ohio. I emailed him since I got an invitation and told him I'm in Australia and couldn't make it. Blow me down, I got a response and he said he's trying to get to Australia, but to be patient. So the Wolfman might be headed Down Under, that would be incredibly cool!!!

René

yep that's the song! eeegh..
I'm a songwriter and always move into a character
to create songs but this is a wrong alley to be walking down no
matter how much artistic liberty you are licensing yourself(if you want to have any kind of worthwhile label interest..may not matter to him). I wonder
how that plays out in the punk world, as the rockabilly crowd isnt too
interested in the polarized liberal world... at least in what I've scene.
Psychobilly is a more grey area..

none the less this sucker is talented big time. His voice is a million
bucks IMO and I really really dig the guitarist talent and drummer's
chops. a great middle finger to all establishments and thus true to
being rock n roll.

wonder what it would take to get on that bill to Oz!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!!   thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:50 pm

pony65k wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

Elton John Jr....

René

Hehe, a very good friend of mine is in a band and is supporting Wolfgang at his CD release Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!!   thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

thanks to Web, I'm a Wolfgang Parker fan!!
Page 1 of 1