Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

just a little useless venting...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

just a little useless venting... Empty
PostSubject: just a little useless venting...   just a little useless venting... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:52 pm

okay so I had this customer today that complained about our prices at our restaurant because her bill was $11 but she ordered two plates of food and a drink!
plus it's hawaii for heaven's sake-the average lunch price IS between 8-$11!!
we serve a lot of food for each plate, like this one:

yummy food!!!!

a lunch like the one above would average about $7, not bad for Hawaii I say
she must wanted her food to cost $3 or something, lol
a local would have told her "this ain't the mainland" ha ha Smile

just thought I would share
what about your part of town, how much is the average lunch??

Kelley
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: just a little useless venting...   just a little useless venting... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:00 pm

$11 for lunch in a nice restaurant!!

I pay near $30 for a lunch in a nice restaurant/cafe!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: just a little useless venting...   just a little useless venting... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:02 pm

For the record - I'd say that lunch that you posted would cost about $15 in Australia..
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: just a little useless venting...   just a little useless venting... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:08 pm

well, our restaurant isn't a fancy one, (we serve burgers and chili) but still
$11 for two plates of food plus drink aint' that bad

some crazy people
how about australia, kid? do you hear a lot of complaints about the prices from tourists there?
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: just a little useless venting...   just a little useless venting... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:21 pm

Well no I dont really hear complaints over prices of food - I mean you order your food off of a menu which clearly states the price, if it's too expensive just don't eat there!

Oh and I'm not talking about fancy restaurants.. at a fancy restaurant you're likely to pay double what I said!!

Also keep in mind that the Aussie dollar is worth less than the US dollar so our prices will always seem more than yours, when they're probably pretty even when you take into account the dollar differences..
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: just a little useless venting...   just a little useless venting... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 11:35 pm

I've been living in California for about the past 2 years. Shit here is EXPENSIVE. A beer costs anywhere from $4.00 to $8.00. Don't even TALK to me about pitchers! I'm used to $1.50 pitchers, back home. A pitcher of beer, HERE, is anywhere from $12.00-$17.00, and it just blows my mind.

Kelley, that link you posted - I would say you're right on - $10.00 to $12.00. In CA, anyway. Looks good, though!

I like to spoil myself. When it comes to food, I don't mess around. I like to eat. As long as I still have this kick-ass, Lance Armstrong-Michael Phelps-crackhead metabolism, I'll keep on eating my heart out.

On my way to Oahu in about 5 months, can't wait to come check out your place, Kelley!

CHEERS! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: just a little useless venting...   just a little useless venting... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:13 am

"I mean you order your food off of a menu which clearly states the price, if it's too expensive just don't eat there!:"

EXACTLY Kid, lol that is what I wanted to tell her Smile but I guess some customers like to wait until they get to me (the cashier) to vent out their frustrations of the day
whatever *shrugs* the one customer behind her started laughing when she left my register, embarrassing, you know?

And Cristo, $1.50 for a pitcher of beer? wow! never heard of those prices
and I like a good greasy meal too, no seaweed stuff Wink

and I promise I won't overcharge when you come visit !
ha ha
Back to top Go down
Cristo

Cristo

PostSubject: Re: just a little useless venting...   just a little useless venting... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 12:37 am

kelley68 wrote:
And Cristo, $1.50 for a pitcher of beer? wow! never heard of those prices
and I like a good greasy meal too, no seaweed stuff Wink

and I promise I won't overcharge when you come visit !
ha ha

That's North Dakota... drinking beer is a pseudo-religion there.

AND... you can overcharge me if you want to, as long as the food is good! Can't be much more pricey than California, for Pete's sake!

BONUS - Cristo is a GREAT tipper, especially after a few beers! Wink
Back to top Go down
Amity

Amity

PostSubject: Re: just a little useless venting...   just a little useless venting... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:03 am

Kelley thats sounds about right to me. With that much food on the plate looks like she got a deal. Pricewise it depends on where you eat around here. THe closest family restaurant to me, two of those plates would probably be a little more like $15.

Don't sweat it some people have nothing else to do but complain.
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: just a little useless venting...   just a little useless venting... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:25 pm

Also. some people complain even when there isn't a problem - just to get a free meal Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just a little useless venting...   just a little useless venting... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

just a little useless venting...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge :: Off topic-
Jump to: