Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Japan BSO tour photos

Go down 
+3
FrenchyCat
Le Hub'
Andi
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Japan BSO tour photos Empty
PostSubject: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:38 pm

Hey kids, check it out - new photos from Japan!

http://briansetzer.com/
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Fantastic ! Thanks a lot Andi for sharing. I can't believe it : a reaction from bs.com ! Suspect
Back to top Go down
FrenchyCat

FrenchyCat

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:40 am

Choochoohothub wrote:
Fantastic ! Thanks a lot Andi for sharing. I can't believe it : a reaction from bs.com ! Suspect

Mauvaise langue, va.... Razz

FrenchyCat
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:58 am

Je sais, pardon... C'était plus fort que moi ! Neutral
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 10:02 am

??? I think we'll get more updates soon, with some surprises that we dont' expect Very Happy
Back to top Go down
oohgal6120

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:09 am

Hey guys, watch carefully for first pic. Band members wore a mask like Robin's while they were playing "Batman" lol
But when I was at the show, I could hear Vixen sings "Cat man" at chorus part of this song. I know Brian is a funny man so maybe opening song was "Cat man" lol

Has someone post this link?
Brian's interview of Japanese News paper. Maybe you guys can't read Japanese but you can see pic Wink
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/music/news/20090129et02.htm

Brian got one day off in Tokyo. That night has Jeff Beck's show in Tokyo. Brian went to see Jeff Beck with Japanese guitar player friend name is Hotei. Here's Hotei's blog.
scroll down, you can see some pics.
http://www.hotei.com/blog/

I know its alittle late to posting these links here but I couldn't online here for a while... I dont know why...
Thanks Gloria for posting my review here for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/y2j_ooh_girl
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:38 am

the first link should read this
(I'm probably wrong, but..here goes!!)

" The big band, Brian Setzer orchestra (BSO) of U.S. are doing a/the visit to Japan performance.

Brian Setzer takes charge of a/the guitar, vocal, with ストレイ キャッツ that is a rock-a-billy sound and succeeded globally large in the 1980's. Recent years get active with a/the solo, BSO etc., various forms.

《主語なし》"When a/the wind instrument increases it becomes gorgeous sound. However the guitar is same" and it is セッツァー. The element such as swing jazz was adopted to lock in BSO. 《主語なし》"I was watching the program that big band goes out long time on a/the television. 《主語なし》I talk that I tried to imagine the self who enters there and be playing.

《主語なし》For instance, I introduce a/the synthesizer the new sound that did it was flattered are said to have there been few bands which are doing rock-a-billy and ロックン roll in the former half of 80's. "Even with that is a self. A/the basis be a/the ロックン roll. 《主語なし》Without forgetting only the roots it is doing a various experiment"

《主語なし》In the album "the wolf gangster ズ big knight out" (Victor Company of Japan) in 2007, I tried to arrange the classic work such as Ludwig van Beethoven and Mozart to a/the lock tone. 《主語なし》It does not change from an ordinary work, that it is the good sound of a ride.

The Tokyo performance is carried out for a/the total 4 day from February 1 in Shibuya/CC lemon hall. 7th be a/the Kanagawa inhabitant of prefecture hall. "
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:52 am

the second link, the blog should read this Question

again, I am probably wrong, but anyway...

《主語なし》I have done it to meet ブライアン.

《主語なし》Mr./ Ms. CHAR and ブライアン, and it becomes a reunion of since my 3 competitive performances 'SUPER SOUL SESSIONS'.
《主語なし》It has been a long time even to observe his live performance with a/the seat.
《主語なし》It is the visit to Japan in a/the Brian Setzer orchestra this time.
《主語なし》It is usual splendid and cool finger handling.
《主語なし》Adoring and adore it does.
《主語なし》I shift from one hand to the other beautiful グレッチ several books and even the tune in a/the ストレイキャッツ era weaves and mix and cause listened to voluminously for 2 hours.
Even the visitor is wonderful, although even the performance and atmosphere of the band are wonderful!
《主語なし》I cause to become attached and even the figure of a/the キメ た couple seen with that リーゼント, 50' a/the S style.
《主語なし》Swinging a/the waist it cuts a/the beat with the heel and an/the arm is shaken and raise and, may not overlook every move and action, 1 sound 1 of BEAT of ブライアン and the facial expression is an everyone dazzling smiling face even though a serious look is turned, when may not fail to catch it at the time of to.
It is to a/the dressing room properly TOKIE that went to together after the end of a show.
《主語なし》It is "after a long time in all of each member of the blas section who passes in a/the corridor! How were you? 《主語なし》" And it became the relations that are able to negotiate the voice.
And the stairs rising that dear laughter will be heard.
"WOW! ! ! ホーテーイー! ! ! " Beer ブライアン that shakes the hand to the one hand.
A/the smiling face melts each other.

Whenever a/the セッツァー orchestra is observed I recall about the day when encountered for the first time with him.

It be 1996 years.
《主語なし》I invited him' to the レ coding of the album called 'King & Queen as a/the guest guitar listing.
The レ coding was carried out in the IRc2 studio in the time which there was not even Fuji Television Network even Tokyo Big Sight yet in Ariake.
He carried a/the guitar from America alone and came.
'RUNAWAY! JOHNNY! ! ! ' And a/the guitar was had played with 2 tunes called 'Full Moon Party'.
《主語なし》It is astonished to such a bullet play that the smoke comes out from an/the amplifier and the applause resounded into a/the studio.
《主語なし》The contract with a/the record company is not going well now, "actually, when a/the session is speaking with end him" and it is ブライアン alone.
"They are demanding, R & R of a modern style that went along the flow in an/the era from me. 《主語なし》However, I do not understand whether it is good if do to me how and make the 'modern R & R' and and ら. 《主語なし》I think that ホテイ, your sound are very modern. 《主語なし》Do not I take the trouble to produce me? " Being said that I was surprised.
"There is your style that money is not possible to you to who. 《主語なし》Because it is that I produce you it is not conceivable! " And it is I.
"There is a different idea in my head now actually. I want to try to make the party music that is able to dance な that causes the sound of a/the guitar amplified with a/the blas attended by, a big band and want to observe and want to mixed the swing and rock-a-billy in an old good era. " The pupil causes to be shone the smiling face of ブライアン in that time that said so is not forgotten.

And several years later...

I was Bali Island in a vacation and heard the news that the orchestra of ブライアン won a prize a/the Grammy award and cried.
《主語なし》It did it! ブライアン! 《主語なし》Without bending a/the self it makes glory the hand! Congratulations! ! !
《主語なし》I cried out so with heart.

However, his R & R are modern always.
The beat that is a hiphop fan and become want to be dance.
We are intoxicated by manly spirit and, romanticism that were hidden to a charming smiling face.
《主語なし》It is when and ブライアン is highest!
《主語なし》It is the guitar listing of my yearning eternally.

《主語なし》Taking a/the meal in a/the hotel with everyone I smoked a/the cigar in a/the bar.
《主語なし》Being placing it the reverberation of his guitar, that the alcohol of the swing is sweet on 10th it is.
《主語なし》Instructing to ブライアン even a/the cigar if I think it received it.
Now even if this way, as for a/the guitar, something, R & R are having something, taught.

《主語なし》Forever I follow you.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:54 am

but a huge mahalo to oohgal for those links! cheers

Kelley
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 7:05 am

Thanks for the translation Kelley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:42 pm

Special thanks to Naoaki, always working too close to Setzer!!!

And glad to see that Setzer & Hotei attended together a concert. They've been friends for quite a few years, and since they recorded Back Streets Of Tokyo, they have been hanging out a while together.
In fact, there was a note posted on Hotei's website 3-4 years ago, where Setzer & Hotei were to start a band together... maybe it all ended up with Hotei Soul Sessions Tour with Setzer & Char...
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 7:00 pm

I have no words, but at the same time I can say that I feel blessed for
japanese fans to post at our forum!!

thanks for sharing!!
日本語
共有をありがとう
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Aussie_Sam

Aussie_Sam

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 9:43 pm

I love what Brian's been wearing, the suits, shirts and creepers, formal but so cool at the same time. Go cat go...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:08 am

I completely agree with you, Sam.
Setzer has always been very stylish, specially from 2003 onwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japan BSO tour photos   Japan BSO tour photos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Japan BSO tour photos
Page 1 of 1