Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...

Go down 
+7
Andi
Kid Setzer
Rickabilly
Pistol Pete
pony65k
Le Hub'
frenchlmp
11 posters
AuthorMessage
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Empty
PostSubject: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:31 am

A small effort my beloved Cats.

You must be very tired but pleaaaaase END your European tour, pleaaaaase END your European tour, please...heu sorry...

I am a part of those who made the journey for nothing in Dublin.
I do not regret it because i was made friends Cats there but,
especially for Irish and English and Scot...a small effort...

...we are going to die from fear due to hoping!
Then give we a small sign to know if you envisage it or not.

Peace, loves and rock and roll. Frenchlmp.

I love you I love you I love you to you three.
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 2:16 am

Lovely message.
I hope our three heroes will have a peek here and... Decide to come to Europe for "finish" their Farewell tour.
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 1:27 pm

I'd be incredibly surprised if they didn't finish that tour. It wouldn't be surprising if they don't add more shows to make it worth their while. I got my fingers and toes crossed for you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:23 pm

Well Frencimp, you just never know what 2009 brings with it. If ya really want it, make some noise about it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:39 pm

We need the repeat of the Euro Farewell!
Btw, it'd be great to have the Japanese Farewell with a DVD / CD recording or so.

She left me on the corner of lust n love...
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 3:55 pm

JonPascual wrote:
We need the repeat of the Euro Farewell!
Btw, it'd be great to have the Japanese Farewell with a DVD / CD recording or so.

She left me on the corner of lust n love...

At the last show, we did notice microphones pointing OUT to the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 4:19 pm

Man, that would be amazing if a proper live album came out of that last Melbourne show. The setlist is quite a bit different than Rumble In Brixton, so it wouldn't be redundant at all. I'd love to hear Lust-n-Love, Cry Baby, Sweet Gene Vincent, Gina, and Seven Nights to Rock, among others, on an official live CD.

Commercially viabilly
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 5:18 pm

Do sound desks record every show anyway or do they need to be specifically programmed to record?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 6:23 pm

You can bet those of us that were in attendance would be first in line to buy it!!

Chris Isaak and Royal Crown Revue both have "Live in Australia" CDs out, why not Stray Cats!?

sunny

Kid, you very likely have to hit "record."
Back to top Go down
JB-IsleOfMan

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 12:39 am

It would be absolutely lovely for the gentlemen to come back and fill the spaces.

Their integrity worries me though - Brian seems like a guy to pretty much stick to his word, and he may worry that coming back after the "farewell" might send the wrong signals.

Don't get me wrong - I shall keep everything crossed.

You guys won't be first in the queue though.

I'll be ahead of you! Very Happy

JB
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 4:26 am

Let's keep hoping !
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 5:24 am

Choochoohothub wrote:
Let's keep hoping !

Yeah! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 6:14 am

I'd have another cool idea for the Cats.
A german Punk-band called "die toten Hosen" is doing this. They record every of their shows, and kinda like 15 minutes after they left the stage you can buy USB-Sticks with a record of "your show". I bet that'd sell very well for the Cats. Plus I really like the Idea of having exactly the concert you went to.

I'm also hoping for one more Tour, no matter where, I think all of the Fans here had deserved another one!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 7:28 am

Several bands are incorporating the USB technology to give concertgoers and fans a chance to own recordings of the concert minutes after a show. I think you would have to be a more regular touring entity to make this worth the setup time. Bands have been "beating the bootlegs" for many years now - Pearl Jam, Phish, Barenaked Ladies are just a few of the bands to record entire tours and make them available for their fans, in CD, downloads, and USB flash stick format.

In 2004, Stray Cats sold single CDs packed with most, but not all, of the songs in each concert of the 2004 Euro tour. In order to fit them on one disc, some in-between song banter and a couple of songs were cut from each show. I loved them, but in order to get these discs out within 2-3 months of the tour, there really wasn't time to do any sort of mixing, and therefore the sound quality was nowhere near that of the most excellent Rumble In Brixton CD/DVD. I don't know how the sales were for these discs, but I would think only the most serious fans would have purchased every disc, and many more would skip them entirely knowing about the CD/DVD from Brixton. I hope it was a successful venture for Surfdog and the Cats, but I'm afraid it might have been a disappointment, in terms of sales. Selling entire shows as downloads, though - low production costs, low distribution costs, I would think that could be very lucrative.

I think recording every show is a cool idea, but the setlists don't vary all that much, except for the encores. So other than the 1,000-2,000 fans in attendance (many of them with dates - so cut those sales in half) how many fans would buy discs from more than one show? 100? 500? 800? Is that enough to make it worthwhile? And the I wonder if the "direct-to-USB-immediaely-after-the-show" technology would infringe on anyone's copyrights, given that Stray Cats pepper their sets with covers like "Double Talkin' Baby," "I Fought the Law," "Baby Blue Eyes," "Somethin' Else," "Sweet Love On My Mind," "7 Nights to Rock," "Sweet Gene Vincent," and many others. They would probably have to secure the rights to these songs before beginning the tour, so they could be able to sell the recordings right away.

As far as the Aussie tour goes, that final show in Melbourne packed one helluva setlist. I would LOVE to see that one released. I hope there's at least one more live CD/DVD released before Stray Cats pack it in.

Download-a-billy
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:59 am

frenchlmp wrote:

You must be very tired but pleaaaaase END your European tour, pleaaaaase END your European tour, please...heu sorry...

I hope Brian have a chance to finnish it in one way or another .. And a party at the Dice bar again!
What a night! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 11:39 am

sidelake bob wrote:

I hope Brian have a chance to finnish it in one way or another .. And a party at the Dice bar again!
What a night! Twisted Evil

Lively the Dice bar! And Cosbird waits for us firmly! bounce
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 1:05 pm

frenchlmp wrote:

Straycats bring it back again....!!!!!!!!
pleassssseee
Back to top Go down
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:15 pm

matt wrote:
frenchlmp wrote:

Straycats bring it back again....!!!!!!!!

pleassssseee

Hmmm........If I was you guys, I'd definately start saving money for any shows..........
Back to top Go down
matt

matt

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Hey Pete have you got inside information.........????????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:33 am

Hey Pistol Pete,
thanks for letting me/us know that thing about the mics pointing to the audience. I was completely sure that a live album of their Farewell was to come out!

I think it's a fair thing to do, I mean, when the Cats came to Europe in 2004 they did a live CD & DVD in London... know, I think it was time to have a Farewell album. Who knows if they are even planning a live CD & DVD of Setzer's 50th Birthday Bash ;-)

What I think it's going to suck for most of us is... that if that live album sees the light, those of you who attended the gig, will be probably missing one or two songs, which will undoubtfully added as bonus tracks for Japan only!

Anyway, we do have the internet to get the complete show through Ebay or any other place in Japan!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...   Please! A small effort my beloved Cats... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please! A small effort my beloved Cats...
Page 1 of 1