Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons

Go down 
+3
mjcodina
Kelley
tvthewiredturtle
7 posters
AuthorMessage
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Empty
PostSubject: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 7:45 pm

just sharing this with a friend, thought I'd post it again for the umteenth time...
I believe this supertron laden pinstripe hotrod is straight to the amp... its the sound
my hotrod had with em'... more gibson but the gretschy twang and presence in note articulation
never leaves... oh man.... SETZER is a guitar monster.., the man
makes me weep little sad man tears with those mystical fingers of tone!

I can only dream of playin like that

check it:
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:24 pm

Last edited by kelleyM on Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:09 pm

kelleyM wrote:
um, I'm just busy watching his legs move
sweatin' my fever out here tongue

thank you for that clip, best fever medicine ever! Smile

c'mon maaaan.. this is about guitar playin in the cave. time to buy a guitar
and put some energy into a fretboard.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:35 pm

sorry

Last edited by Kelley on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mjcodina

mjcodina

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 11:57 am

i need to get me one of those supertrons. oh, and that pic is awesome! where can i get it?
Back to top Go down
http://web.me.com/mjcodina/Codinaduty/Welcome.html
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:08 pm

Amazing guitarplaying, I seen it soooo many times and it still blow me away. Wonder if more was recored that day.. Suspect
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 12:23 pm

sidelake bob wrote:
This clip is like a medecine for you then Kelley Wink Amazing guitarplaying, I seen it soooo many times and it still blow me away. Wonder if more was recored that day.. Suspect

has to be..did you see the video post on setzer's site? Its all truncated, so someone made or is making another instructional video...
I will have that..somehow some way!!!!

I have really really R-E-a-l-l-y enjoyed the Hot Licks instructional video
Setzer made on VHS,
have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Ee0b81b0c8a046a9903c8110.L._AA280_
I've had that for eons and watched it at least
a 100 times... imagine if I had sat down and learned what he was teaching after all this time.. I'm a guitar plinking schmuck and I
coulda bin a Kuntenda, I kulda bean a Kuntendaaaa!!
have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Waterfront75
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:08 pm

tvthewiredturtle wrote:
a 100 times... imagine if I had sat down and learned what he was teaching after all this time..

I couldn't tell you how many times I put that damn video on, geetar in hand, only to wind up putting the geetar down after three minutes and just watching the vid...
Back to top Go down
sidelake bob

sidelake bob

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:36 pm

Budgie wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:
a 100 times... imagine if I had sat down and learned what he was teaching after all this time..

I couldn't tell you how many times I put that damn video on, geetar in hand, only to wind up putting the geetar down after three minutes and just watching the vid...

Thats what happend when I play my old Albert Lee "learning country guitar" vhs. I dont have the hot licks vid, But it is high up on my list.
Back to top Go down
ruger9

ruger9

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 1:50 pm

That video is from a CD/DVD that came with an issue of Total Guitar magazine. They had a "guitar lesson with brian setzer" article in there. Not sure what country that mag is from... Japan? England? Not sure.
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:14 pm

ruger9 wrote:
That video is from a CD/DVD that came with an issue of Total Guitar magazine. They had a "guitar lesson with brian setzer" article in there. Not sure what country that mag is from... Japan? England? Not sure.

it came from TOTAL GUITAR magazine but its still not the whole
enchilada plate. They're barely giving you the beans and rice in that.

btw.. IF you still own a good VCR you can get the Hot Licks Setzer vid for
$4!!! The DVD is okay but its digital Smile Smile Smile ...not EVEN true bypass Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 8:44 pm

Budgie wrote:
tvthewiredturtle wrote:

a 12 oz. bottle of what was in the other hand?
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 8:23 am

That hot licks dvd is pretty cool. I got that one when I first started studying Setzer music, and it's a big help in terms of getting you in the right ball park. I would love to have the supertron/powertron combo set up in a blue hot rod. Man I hate recessions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons   have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

have a good listen to a hotrod w/supertrons
Page 1 of 1