Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy Pi Day!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bear85

Bear85

Happy Pi Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Pi Day!!   Happy Pi Day!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Hey everybody,

I'm a high school math teacher in the USA, and we celebrate Pi Day (3/14, get it?) each year at our school. Since this year it falls on a Saturday, we observed the 'holiday' today. In past years, I've performed some songs for my students, which are preserved on YouTube.
The first one is from 2007:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_vwPmsDyyQ

The second is from last year:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivOKnXrV9Zs
(Apologize for sound quality on this one - cheap camera! Lyrics in notes box to the right of the video.)

I didn't have a new song in my head this year, but I did play the old ones for my classes again today. Maybe next year I'll be inspired again!
Back to top Go down
enjay07

Happy Pi Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Pi Day!!   Happy Pi Day!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:13 pm

B85---
You're hilarious! I love it!! Math is my son's favorite subject. He's learning about circles & pi right now. I asked him yesterday if he knew what pi was, and he told me 3.14. I said, "And??? What's after the 4?" He said, "It goes on forever! No one knows THAT!!" He's going to be a teenager in less than 6 months.....he gets smarter every day, if you know what I mean! Razz
I can't wait to show him your videos! "American Pi" is a classic. Have you submitted this to a recording label? It should definitely be picked up by someone! lol! Wish you were in our local school system where I am, I'd definitely have my kids in your class. Very Happy
Thanks for sharing!!
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

Happy Pi Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Pi Day!!   Happy Pi Day!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 4:26 am

That was pretty cool!!!
Gotta show that one to my math teacher!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

Happy Pi Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Pi Day!!   Happy Pi Day!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 5:07 am

Hey Bear,

you have all my support and respect for teaching High School.

I used to teach Middle School and 5th Grade in North Carolina for quite a few years, and man... it was TOUGH!!!!!

Teachers should get more credit for what they do.

I´m sure your students love to see you singing.

Next year, needless to say, a Stray Cats/Setzer song for your Pi Day... maybe we could give you a hand here in the forum with the lyrics....
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

Happy Pi Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Pi Day!!   Happy Pi Day!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:58 am

Happy Pi Day!

I lift my icy cold beer and toast you, Mr. Bear, a great person, pretty good guitarist, and all around good guy with a fun sense of humor. We love your tunes at our house...they fit in with our "warped" sense of humor here. Thanks for sharing!

And...thanks for being brave and educating our future leaders of America!

Here's to you!

cheers

hrg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Happy Pi Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Happy Pi Day!!   Happy Pi Day!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Pi Day!!
Page 1 of 1