Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)

Go down 
+4
frenchlmp
Setzerado
Le Hub'
Kelley
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Empty
PostSubject: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:28 pm

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 11:46 pm

??

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:26 am

So good to see Bernie again !!
For me, he's the BSO drummer (and Brian's solo works too !) like Jim is the Cats drummer (look out, no comparison between this two legends !). This guy is really wonderful.
Thanks Kelley, big moment.
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:07 am

love the drums

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:28 am

As a drummer myself, I must say that Bernie is the real man.
I've learn so many tricks and things from him, not only by listening to Brian Setzer, but from some other artists like Cecilia Noel & The Wild Clams, Eddie Mitchel (Yes French people, with the French Legend Eddie Mitchel!!), Linda Eder (just to name 3-4 artists).

I think he's not only a good performer, but also a great musician.
The latter, is the most difficult skill to be honest. A person can be a great performer but musicality can be totally absent...
He knew where and how to play, what licks/fills suited better the song... and he seems to be a wonderful person.

In what concerns Setzer... Bernie was the man for him. BSO, Nashvillians... absolutely everything. No offense to Tony Pia, but I think he's not the correct drummer for Setzer. I find him way too cold when it comes to playing, specially during the trio section; maybe in a couple of years when he is more used to touring with Setzer... I don't know, but Bernie should be back someday, and when the Nashvillians show was announced, I thought he would be back with Brian... but according to Tavo, another drummer is taking the place instead... siiiigh.

Anyway, we can always have Bernie in our memories and listen to him with other artists is not a bad deal!

We love you, Bernie!
Your fan No 1!
Back to top Go down
Setzerado

Setzerado

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 5:36 am

Bernie is the best. Simply love him...
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 4:04 am

Setzerado wrote:
Bernie is the best. Simply love him...

moi tout pareil!

Completely all right!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 12:03 pm

Is there someone who knows what's up for Bernie ?
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 2:29 pm

Choochoohothub wrote:
Is there someone who knows what's up for Bernie ?

I think he keeps quite busy. Check out his myspace page:

Bernie on myspace
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 3:36 pm

He's right now doing quite a lot of things with Gordon Phat Big Band, something jazzy, together with Cecilia Noel & The Wild Clams (soul-salsa) and then, he leads his own band, BERN (sounds like Burn, kind of pun on words).
Back to top Go down
Spanishdavid

Spanishdavid

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:57 am

JonPascual wrote:
As a drummer myself, I must say that Bernie is the real man.

Are you going to sub for Loquillo´s drummer when he is busy???? Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:41 am

Oh yes! I already know most of the songs, just in case! though I better stick to my "oposcion", which is a life insurance!
Back to top Go down
Dave

Dave

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Watch at 1 minute 33 to one minute 35 or thereabouts - he wipes a booger from his nose and puts it on the drum head...

yuk....

Dave

Smile
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2009 6:45 am

Dave wrote:
Watch at 1 minute 33 to one minute 35 or thereabouts - he wipes a booger from his nose and puts it on the drum head...

yuk....

Talk about the Dirty Booger...

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)   Bernie Dresel drum lesson :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bernie Dresel drum lesson :)
Page 1 of 1