Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
t.man

Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week. Empty
PostSubject: Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week.   Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 1:16 pm

Sorry I'm not more tech savvy. It's red with a white manual top and push button transmission. Had lots of tranny fluid under it, but the dipstick still said (over)full. ??? Started, ran, and shifted just fine. Does anyone know anything about Mopar Park cables? This seems to be a part mostly associated with the pushbutton automatics. Right now, our's is disconnected, and we'll probably have to take it in for repair.

Thanks,

T (new dad in June 2009) Man in San Jose CA
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week.   Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:59 pm

Hey Tman,

Congrats on the upcoming blessed event! Now, you're gonna want to know how to post pictures, for when the baby is born, so you can practice by posting pics of the Valiant!

I didn't know how either, until last Wednesday, when the fair and gracious Andi set me up with these easy, step-by-step instructions: (the words are all hers - I stole them directly from her PM to me)

I do have the advantage of having a 12-y.o. daughter with an already-set-up Flickr account, so that's one step you'll have to do on your own - sorry! Here are Andi's instructions:

1. Go to the flickr page for the image. Between the title and the picture you'll see some choices- click on "all sizes" - then you should see a choice of available sizes. Click the one you want (usually square, thumbnail, small, medium or original)

2. Beneath the photo you'll see a line that says "Grab the photo's URL". Right click and copy the line of code that appears in the box there.

3. Come over to the HDVDL - while you're writing your post here, above the text box you'll see an icon that looks like a photo (16th icon from the left, next to an icon that looks like a link of a chain). Click on that, then right click and paste the code you copied into the box that pops up. Click ok. This will insert the image at the end of whatever you've typed in the text box for your post!
Back to top Go down
t.man

PostSubject: Re: Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week.   Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week. Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:06 am

Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week. 3566455139_6e5895e562_oTook the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week. 3566455073_5f41a258fa_oTook the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week. 3566455031_3d9eafc873_oTook the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week. 3566454973_0823779d10_o

OK, here it is. This is our second Mopar classic. (You can see some of the push buttons just to the left of the steering wheel hub.) We also have a forest green metallic 1967 Imperial Crown convertible, but it has been in the shop for over six years. We love tooling around in the Valiant, our low rent classic. Our mechanic swears that the Imperial will be ready in two months. Even so, our plan is to unload it very shortly after that. Any subscribers to Gearhead magazine on this list? You want a classic Mopar with an original 440 V-8? The Imperial can be yours. Mrs. T-Man is doing OK so far, except for fatigue and occasional discomfort. Our due date is June 16, 2009. Please keep us in your prayers. Hope you enjoy the pix.

T in San Jose
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week.   Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:26 am

Nice set of wheels - a real head-turner! The third pic reminds me of those commercials where everything is in black-and-white, except for the thing they're selling. Today's cars are so boring - yours really stands out!

I'm praying for you, your wife, and your little one. You've got exciting times ahead, t.man!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week.   Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Took the 1963 Plymouth Valiant for a spin last week.
Page 1 of 1