Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

For the Australian posters here

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kelley

For the Australian posters here Empty
PostSubject: For the Australian posters here   For the Australian posters here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:40 am

Smile

Last edited by Kelley on Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: For the Australian posters here   For the Australian posters here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 3:50 pm

Welll toads were an introduced pest.. they were introduced to get rid of cane beetles (hence why the toads are called cane toads) except the people who introduced the toad forgot one thing - cane beetles can fly and toads cant.. so the toads were useless.. The toads eat our native frogs, and there is a LOT of toads.. Go for a drive on the road at night and they are ALL over the road, hence why you see a lot of squashed toads on the road.. alot of people try to run them over, I can't do it.. I'm too nice, I save ants when they are drowning in puddles of water.. but yeah, it sounds mean that alot of people go out of their way to kill toads, but they really are damaging to our environment.. and they are DARN UGLY!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: For the Australian posters here   For the Australian posters here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 3:56 pm

They are also highly poisonous and can kill any animal (dogs, cats, etc) that tries to lick or mouth them. Having two curious dogs, cane toads are always a major concern for us - our dogs are 60 lbs each but just putting their mouth on a cane toad could kill them.

Ugh. Vile, disgusting creatures, cane toads, and they seem to have no problem coming right up to the house and sometimes even coming in, given the chance. People have said that the most humane way to eradicate them is to catch them in a plastic grocery bag and put them in the freezer, then to bury or compost them.

More info:
http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/BCC:BASE::pc=PC_698
Back to top Go down
Kelley

PostSubject: Re: For the Australian posters here   For the Australian posters here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:55 pm

speaking of saving animals, around here Geckos are seen quite frequently around here and they bring good luck

yesterday when I was cleaning our restaurant, I lifted up this mat that we have under the sink and there was a gecko that was probably there for a long time, the poor thing
but luckily it ran away quickly and hopefully will brings us our luck
but no, you never want to kill a gecko, oh no!
Gecko facts:

"Geckos

GeckoI heard from one lady that went to Kauai this summer who was all in a frenzy over these awful lizards she kept seeing outside. When she spotted one inside, she tried to kill them with hairspray and other awful things. What she didn’t know was she was foolishly chasing out her good luck charm! Geckos are cute little lizard like guys with webbed feet, who make a surprisingly loud chirping sound at night.

In ancient Hawaii, Geckos were good luck. After building a new house, the residents would not enter the house and live there until a gecko had gone inside. Once a gecko had taken up residence in the house, the family would move in. In addition to being cute, they provide us all great service by eating mosquitoes and roaches."
Back to top Go down
pony65k

pony65k

PostSubject: Re: For the Australian posters here   For the Australian posters here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:39 pm

You should see what we do to American tourists Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/pony65k
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: For the Australian posters here   For the Australian posters here Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:49 pm

Sweeeeet! I got heaps of geckos living in my house Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer

PostSubject: Re: For the Australian posters here   For the Australian posters here Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 2:50 am

Lol, can't you fly the toads to Indonesia or so?? Just kidding.

Here in my local area we have problems with bears and capercaillies, as they are about to extiguish if we do nothing against it... bloody hunters!
Fortunatelly, most of those living animals, are under control and some of them are living in cautivity so that they can reproduce and all that, as an attempt at increasing the number of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For the Australian posters here   For the Australian posters here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

For the Australian posters here
Page 1 of 1