Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A tale of two Brians!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
richjohnson26

richjohnson26

A tale of two Brians! Empty
PostSubject: A tale of two Brians!   A tale of two Brians! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 5:04 am

Was pondering the fact the other day that my two favourite guitarists are both Brian, messrs. Setzer and May!

This lead me on to wondering if the two have ever played together or even played much of each other's material. I think that BSO did 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love' but I'm not sure and thought this might be the place to check with people likely to know more than me!
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: A tale of two Brians!   A tale of two Brians! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:19 am

I'm a big fan too.

This is certainly happened.
They had to meet, because Brian has played with Paul Rodgers and Paul is playing with Queen.
(I've seen elsewhere in Paris in 2005).

This is just my small intuition! Cool
Back to top Go down
Rickabilly

Rickabilly

PostSubject: Re: A tale of two Brians!   A tale of two Brians! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 6:28 am

Brian played with Paul Rodgers years before Paul started his association with Queen. But the BSO did record a version of Crazy Little Thing Called Love - it's on the Japanese Vavoom! and also on the "Jump Jive and Wail" best of the BSO that was released in North America. It's quite good. Stray Cats also threw an informal version together for some shows in the early 90s.

It would be interesting to know if the two Brians have ever met. Surely, there would have been some industry function over the years with both in attendance, but I've never seen or heard of such a meeting.

Brian May or May Not-a-billy
Back to top Go down
steb74

steb74

PostSubject: Re: A tale of two Brians!   A tale of two Brians! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 7:21 am

The two Brians also played on Paul Rodgers' Muddy Waters tribute album, I know this doesn't mean that they have both met but Brian May's association with Paul Rodgers started long before Paul got together with Queen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A tale of two Brians!   A tale of two Brians! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A tale of two Brians!
Page 1 of 1