Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990

Go down 
+5
Rocky Mountain Cat
Scatman
Kid Setzer
Andi
rockabilly guy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Empty
PostSubject: Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990   Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:29 pm

They keep turning up don't they?
How did this one come about then?
Steve

Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990   Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:51 pm

Ah Jimmy. Mr Cold Chisel, Rising Sun, Cheap Wine and a Three Day Growth (or 3 legged goat, as I was told!) himself. Aussie icon.

That'd be around the time of the *last* Australian Stray Cats tour if I recall correctly from my Aussie friends.

They certainly look to be having fun considering none of the instruments are plugged in Wink

Thanks for sharing this, never seen or heard it before!

(edit: bit of a thread jack, but here's Cold Chisel live and recent with their 1980 song "Rising Sun," followed by the Living End's version of it. LOVE this tune in all its political incorrectness! Wish the original Cold Chisel recording was on YT, can't seem to find it though. End thread jack!)

Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990   Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:07 pm

Even our youngin's love Jimmy Barnes Razz

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Scatman

Scatman

PostSubject: Re: Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990   Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:12 pm

From the Scatman Archive:

12/04/90 Memorial Drive Adelaide (Stray Cats support for Jimmy Barnes)

12/06/90 Video shoot for “Little Darlin” (by Jimmy Barnes)
National Tennis Centre, Melbourne, Australia

12/06/90 The Palace Nightclub Melbourne, Australia

12/7 & 8 National Tennis Centre Melbourne, Australia
(Stray Cats support for Jimmy Barnes)

12/10 & 11 Entertainment Centre Sydney, Australia
Back to top Go down
Rocky Mountain Cat

PostSubject: Re: Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990   Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:11 pm

Scatman wrote:
From the Scatman Archive:

12/04/90 Memorial Drive Adelaide (Stray Cats support for Jimmy Barnes)

12/06/90 Video shoot for “Little Darlin” (by Jimmy Barnes)
National Tennis Centre, Melbourne, Australia

12/06/90 The Palace Nightclub Melbourne, Australia

12/7 & 8 National Tennis Centre Melbourne, Australia

12/10 & 11 Entertainment Centre Sydney, Australia

Well done sir!

The Scatman Archive is the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.setzerarchive.com
Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete

PostSubject: Re: Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990   Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Jimmy Barnes and Brian Setzer met one day while their kids were playing in a pool. Jimmy said how much he appreciated the Cats music and Brian had some time up his sleeve, as well I think they were on sister labels. Brian played on the Barnes album track "Lil Darlin". That's how the tour came about, as well as Concrete Blonde being on the same tour bill. Brian would come out and play this song with Barnes, and then Lee and Jim would come out and do a few songs as well.
How do I know?? Jimmy Barnes is an Adelaide boy, Elizabeth kid to be precise, and I ran into him years ago and asked him. I thinkhe was more taken back that I was asking him about Brian rather than himself!! LOL
Cheers Pete

P.S. Andi if you were here for my 40th, you would've heard our version of The Living End's version of Cold Chisel's version of Rising Sun!! Now that's a mouthful!!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990   Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:56 pm

I'll be very sorry to miss that, Pete. Get it on video for me!!

sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990   Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:06 am

Yeh,
in fact there are two clips of Little Darling: they are almost the same but the intro is different; the one posted here is the "complete Setzer version" but there's another version included on a Jimmy Barnes DVD, in which the intro is played at the recording studio.

As Pistol Pete has said, the Cats played on a few songs during a JB show; suprising though it sounds, the Cats appear in another JB clip called "When Love Is Enough" performing live. That song can also be found on JB album "Two Fires" (I think it's the 2nd or 4th cut)
Back to top Go down
AXESIG

PostSubject: Re: Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990   Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:48 am

Hi there all. I wrote on the old setzer forum about this topic last year. I saw Brian support Barnsy at the Civic Hall in Ballarat(Victoria, Australia) in 89 or 90. I was a massive Jimmy fan back then, and probably didnt appreciate the legend I was seeing playing guitar with him.
By the way, the Cats concert I saw at the Forum in Melbourne on the Thursday night was THE concert of my life. Still thinking about it...
Back to top Go down
chevvy5684

chevvy5684

PostSubject: Re: Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990   Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:26 am

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr I remember that concert, was a huge Barnsey fan, still am BUT wish I was into Stray Cats more back then. Knew the radio songs which were cool. So glad they came back to Oz.

I've been wearing out Rumble in Brixton cd in the car and dvd in the suround sound.

Actually meet Jimmy back in March at a Clipsal Dinner at work.

Ive seen the video for Love is enough on music max to only in the last 4 - 5 months
Wifey was at a shopping cente today and heard Runnaway Boys and we watched a bit of Better Homes and Gardens last night and they played the intro to Stray Cat Strut for a talk on kittens.

Cheers

Paul
Back to top Go down
daddio66in2008

daddio66in2008

PostSubject: Re: Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990   Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:25 pm

And the gems keep on coming, What a fantastic clip cheers
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/daddio66in2000
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990   Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setzer with Jimmy Barnes 1990
Page 1 of 1