Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Happy Memorial Day!

Go down 
+2
Twenty Flight Rick
Hot Rod Girl
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

Happy Memorial Day! Empty
PostSubject: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 6:11 am

While every American is celebrating a day off of work with picnics, food, and family...take a moment to remember the reason why you have a day off of work...

Thank someone who has served our country, and remember those who have given the ultimate sacrifice so you could life a free life.

Don't complain about not having things, but rather celebrate the ability to live a free life and pursue your dreams. Our forefathers did not fight for an entitlement society, but a society in which people were able to work towards their goals and achieve them.

I'd like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the brave men and women who have served our country in the armed forces. Thank you for seeing the importance in your job, and for standing and fighting for the greatest country in the world. Your service and sacrifice will always be appreciated.

God bless our troops!
hrg
Back to top Go down
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 6:30 pm

Well said HRG and Happy Memorial Day to you too!
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:32 am

"Take a moment to remember", total agreed with you.
Happy Memorial Day.
Back to top Go down
Davy Jones

Davy Jones

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 8:18 am

Happy Memorial Day to all of ye, and a special thanks to all of ye who have served/are faithfully serving your country!

Capt. Jones
Back to top Go down
Bear85

Bear85

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 8:35 am

May God Bless those who gave all...

May He also bless those who are serving now...

And may He continue to bless the USA!

Happy Memorial Day, everybody!

(Thanks for starting the thread, HRG!)
Back to top Go down
penguin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:10 pm

This is indeed a very solemn holiday in my opinion. To think about all the brave men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice is almost incomprehensible to me. Every time I voice an opinion it is only possible because someone died defending my right to do so. These men and women are true heroes. I will be eternally grateful to all of them. God bless them.
Back to top Go down
Hot Rod Girl

Hot Rod Girl

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:24 am

You guys are quite welcome for starting this thread.

Even in these troubling economic times (and believe me, they are hitting home in a most personal way...without going into an entire sob story here), I am so grateful that I live where I do.

This Memorial Day was special, not because we did anything spectacular, but because I really had a chance to stop, slow down and reflect. There is a tremendous amount of loss that has happened over the course of time...men and women who have given of themselves so that people all over the world can be free. I'm honestly overwhelmed and humbled by the thought of it all. It seems that they should be remembered every day of the year, not just on Memorial Day. I want to pass down the appreciation to my boys, the appreciation of the sacrifice that so many have given.

Yeah, I'm the mom who gets all misty eyed at the races when they sing the Star Spangled Banner, and I'm the gal who cried at the parade. And yeah, I can be pretty opinionated and vocal about certain things...but this is me, I'm American and proud.

Loving the country where we can choose to be "Really Rockabilly" or not...
hrg
Back to top Go down
penguin

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 9:37 am

Beautifully stated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Memorial Day!   Happy Memorial Day! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Happy Memorial Day!
Page 1 of 1