Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!

Go down 
+8
Kid Setzer
Guitarmaniac
tvthewiredturtle
Budgie
Rockabilly Ross
Patrick
Brett
frenchlmp
12 posters
AuthorMessage
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Empty
PostSubject: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 1:19 am

From my mailbox today and from Brian Setzer Forum:

Brian has finished recording his new album and now we need artwork! Brian wants to see if you can design it for him! If you can come up with the album artwork that Surfdog Records ends up using for the cover of the commercial release of The Brian Setzer Orchestra's "Songs From Lonely Avenue" CD, you will win a brand-new Gretsch Brian Setzer Model guitar, personally signed by Brian to you!

The contest starts now and we'll be accepting submissions until 11:59pm on July 10, 2009.

Here's how it works:

1. Create an original (has to be original—no ripping off of published or unpublished artwork or photos!!) illustration or photograph, complete with the Brian Setzer Orchestra name and album title, "Songs From Lonely Avenue." For "Brian Setzer Orchestra," you can either use logos that we've used before, or come up with your own.

2. Email a jpeg of your album cover idea to lonelyavenue@surfdog.com along with a jpeg of a scanned signed copy of the Terms of Agreement, which you can download [here].

3. Surfdog will go through all of the submissions and decide if we think one of them is the best option for the actual album cover. Of course, Surfdog has other artists working on ideas and it's very possible that one of their designs will be used. So, just to be clear, we may not use any of the submissions, but we hope one of you comes up with “THE” design and we get our cover from the fans—that's Brian's whole idea behind this.

4. If there is a winner among the contest entries, that person will be notified within 7 days of the contest ending. Provided that the artwork from the winning entry can be used, that person will win the autographed Gretsch Hot Rod Guitar!

5. All entrants must be 18 years old or older and a contest like this needs to be legal where you live.

We can't wait to see what you come up with!
Back to top Go down
Brett

Brett

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:15 am

yes,

Laurent still arranged it for us... Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rhythm56
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:59 am

OH, I had not seen. Then, I am surprised that nobody did a topic!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:55 pm

I think that our Andi will eventually come up with one!
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:18 am

Guys wake up!
I'm gonna win the Gretsch!
bounce
I'm on it now. I made a cover with my own pics of Brian and something more....
Problem is, I suck in Photo shopping haha...
But you'll never know.

Oh and if I don't win I will show you my cover.
Wouldn't it be nice if the Brian Setzer website will show the best, let's say 30 designs for the cover.

Rock on!
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:58 am

Patrick wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if the Brian Setzer website will show the best, let's say 30 designs for the cover.

Rock on!

It's a very good idea!
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 5:42 am

Anyone else here making a cd cover?
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 5:53 am

I really liked but I do not have enough time! The deadline of July 10 is a bit tight! They should have said earlier!
Back to top Go down
frenchlmp

frenchlmp

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 5:57 am

frenchlmp wrote:
Patrick wrote:

Rock on!

It's a very good idea!

And they could provide a gift for the better fan work, although not the one they choose to cover!
Back to top Go down
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 7:28 pm

I've got a few ideas. I'm just using some pictures of the open road from my travels over the past year. Like from going to memphis or the Southern California desert. I'm going to do the old fashion cut and paist because I have no idea how to use photo shop or anything like it. I do have 1 pretty good concept I hope will be the winner though, time will tell.

Have a Gretsch Day !!

Ross
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 8:49 am

Good luck Ross!
I sure hope the Brian Setzer site will show some of the designs that didn't win the contest.
Back to top Go down
Budgie

Budgie

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:40 pm

Patrick wrote:

I sure hope the Brian Setzer site will show some of the designs that didn't win the contest.

Unlikely... that would mean that someone would have to spend more than four minutes a month working on the website...

Smile

T R O U B L E
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 11:28 pm

What a Face What a Face
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Guitarmaniac

Guitarmaniac

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:43 am

TV, would you mind using a smaller avatar? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyguitarmaniac
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:25 pm

I found a free program to make cd covers from the internet and have made 5 different covers so far! This is fun! I still have my1 favorite concept I hope will win.

I too will post my covers after the contest is over.

Have A Gretsch Day !

Ross affraid
Back to top Go down
tvthewiredturtle

tvthewiredturtle

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 6:50 pm

I really hope some one from this forum wins. what an amazing affirmation to us as a group. Setzer
best be paying attention to his devotees!
peace,
tavo
Back to top Go down
http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:55 pm

So, I'm doing a little something and am up to the point of putting the band name and album name on to my image.. In all of the other BSO releases the title of the band on the album cover is THE Brian Setzer Orchestra.. In the outline of the competition it mentions the band as THE Brian Setzer Orchestra but then when actually explainning what they want on the album cover in the rules it simply says 'Brian Setzer Orchestra' :

Quote :
Create an original (has to be original—no ripping off of published or unpublished artwork or photos!!) illustration or photograph, complete with the Brian Setzer Orchestra name and album title, "Songs From Lonely Avenue." For "Brian Setzer Orchestra

But as I said, I looked at all of the other BSO albums and the band has THE on the front.. This may not seem important but if the band title isn't correct on my image it may not have a chance at all as I'm pretty sure the people running the show want a cover that can be used straight away and not needing to be played with a fixed up by them.

Anyway, should I just put the band name on my cover without THE because thats what they asked for in the outline or should I put THE in there because it is on every other BSO release?

Dilemmas Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:06 pm

I don't think it matters. The chosen submission will have to undergo some work anyway to transfer the image and add info such as tracklist, credits, etc. I would use THE. My two cents!
Back to top Go down
Brooklyn Bomber

Brooklyn Bomber

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:44 am

Kid Setzer wrote:
I looked at all of the other BSO albums and the band has THE on the front.

No Kid, that's not correct. Around 2001/2002 the BSO used logos without a "THE". Just have a look at the following covers:

You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Bigj You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Ultsel

But why don't you send them two versions one with the "THE" logo and an alternative version without it. I would prefer the logo with a "THE".

Bye

BB
Back to top Go down
Kingsley16

Kingsley16

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:22 am

I sure hope Im not Jinxing myself, and I wish everyone from this forum who enters the cover design contest good luck. I fired off my entry yesterday, I think it is pretty cool and I've doing the graphic design gig since '83. It's mostly "meat-n-potatoes" stuff so to have this creative release at this time in my life is just so cool.

The signed Hot Rod Gretsch would be just awesome, but to have a design chosen for Brian, a creative fenam and an inspiration of my lifetime, would be over the top.

Thank you so much Surfdog for this opportunity!!! Win or not, we have our tickets to the Detroit Show and it'll be a Christmas I'm sure I'll never forget.

Daniel
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 8:58 am

Kingsley16 wrote:

The signed Hot Rod Gretsch would be just awesome, but to have a design chosen for Brian, a creative fenam and an inspiration of my lifetime, would be over the top.

Yeah I couldn't care for the Gretsch!
albino

...(liar) but man imagine, your design all over the world in every record store, along with Brian's music!
That would be great.
Back to top Go down
webelvis

webelvis

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:42 pm

Okay, I also sent in some Covers, winning that guitar would be just awesome!!!
I wish you all luck.
I'm gonna post my Designs after the end of the contest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rockabillyswingjazz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!!   You Could Be The Designer of Brian Setzer's New Album Cover!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1