Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One Of My CD Cover Entries

Go down 
+2
Patrick
Rockabilly Ross
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

One Of My CD Cover Entries Empty
PostSubject: One Of My CD Cover Entries   One Of My CD Cover Entries Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 9:56 pm

One Of My CD Cover Entries Scan2_10

This picture was taken out in the Southern California desert on route 66, the mother road. It doesn't get much lonelier than old route 66.
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: One Of My CD Cover Entries   One Of My CD Cover Entries Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 1:49 am

Great highway pic you got there.
I'm sure I passed that one while on holiday back in 1994.
Is that your car over there?

Yeah, I'm still waiting for that one e-mail!
bounce
Till then I won't show anyone my cover haha...
And since the record company will own the rights of the cover pic, I'm not sure if you are allowed to show the pic in public...
When all is over of course I will post mine along with the original pics used.
So again, more sleepless nightszszzz...
Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: One Of My CD Cover Entries   One Of My CD Cover Entries Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 7:19 am

Yes, that is my 2009 PT Cruiser in the picture. I too am hoping for "THE" email.

Let's not forget that the pictures are my property until they choose one of them. Also, this is not the ONE picture I think or I should say hope will win. Of course if this is the ONE picture Brian chooses, very cool! Remember I did submit 10 covers for consideration.

Have A Gretsch Day !

Ross Smile

Last edited by Rockabilly Ross on Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Le Hub'

Le Hub'

PostSubject: Re: One Of My CD Cover Entries   One Of My CD Cover Entries Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:38 am

I just want to ask a sincere question : in english, the words "avenue" and "road" mean the same thing ?
If I ask this, it's because, in french, it's really different.
Hub
Back to top Go down
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: One Of My CD Cover Entries   One Of My CD Cover Entries Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 1:32 pm

ChooChooHotHub wrote:
I just want to ask a sincere question : in english, the words "avenue" and "road" mean the same thing ?
If I ask this, it's because, in french, it's really different.
Hub

Yeah there's: lane, avenue, boulevard, road....a bit confusing for the Dutch too.
I mean does an avenue look different then a road/boulevard...etc?
clown
Or does nonbody care...
lol!
Back to top Go down
Kid Setzer

Kid Setzer

PostSubject: Re: One Of My CD Cover Entries   One Of My CD Cover Entries Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:31 pm

Yes there is a difference between an avenue and a road - it's hard for me to explain it though Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kidsetzer
Twenty Flight Rick

Twenty Flight Rick

PostSubject: Re: One Of My CD Cover Entries   One Of My CD Cover Entries Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:38 pm

I was going to suggest the same thing. Ross' cover is excellent for an album with the title Songs from Lonely Highway, or Songs From Lonely Road. Avenue is usually a street name within a city. It is still a great submission. Good job Ross!
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: One Of My CD Cover Entries   One Of My CD Cover Entries Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 5:59 pm

My ex used to live on Avenue Road. Only in Australia.

sunny

I've always taken "lane" and "way" to refer to small city streets, perhaps in the suburbs, "avenue," "boulevard" or "street" to be a larger city thing, "highway" to be a long distance thing with few stoplights, "freeway" and "interstate" to be big multi-lane high speed things that cover long distances, and "road" to be somewhat multipurpose - equally comfortable in town or out.

And I just realized that "lane" is a multipurpose thing - I used it as a small suburban street and as a portion of a freeway. English is definitely confusing Smile
Back to top Go down
Rockabilly Ross

Rockabilly Ross

PostSubject: Re: One Of My CD Cover Entries   One Of My CD Cover Entries Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:41 pm

Let's not forget that Route 66, although it was the major highway in it's hayday, still winds and twists through many a small towns and can still be considered an Avenue of sorts. It's all semantics anyway. Brian and Surfdog will choose whay they feel best represents what they are looking for.

Again, good luck to all that entrered.

Have A Gretsch Day !

Ross
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One Of My CD Cover Entries   One Of My CD Cover Entries Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One Of My CD Cover Entries
Page 1 of 1