Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Patrick

Patrick

Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers Empty
PostSubject: Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers   Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 12:19 pm

I just played my Buzz LP again after years. I believe guitar player Michael Gene passed away some years ago.
Is this correct? Does anyone know more about this.
His guitar playing on the Buzz' LP is just great!
Watch this.

I cannot find much info about Michael.
Back to top Go down
gretschoholic

gretschoholic

PostSubject: Re: Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers   Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 2:50 pm

You're right, Patrick. Roy Williams writes this in the liner notes of the CD, which was released in '92:

Quote :
I'm proud to put this record out, but also a little sad, because Michael Gene is no longer in this world and Buzz Wayne is living as another persona, so we'll never hear Buzz and the Flyers again, but yeah, we dig it, and we always will

The CD contains three bonus tracks (recently discovered - in '92, that is) plus the LP. Great band! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/builtforspeedband
Jess

Jess

PostSubject: Re: Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers   Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:25 pm

If I remember right this Nervous LP was also released in the states on another label?
Back to top Go down
http://www.taggytones.dk
Patrick

Patrick

PostSubject: Re: Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers   Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:53 am

gretschoholic wrote:
The CD contains three bonus tracks (recently discovered - in '92, that is) plus the LP. Great band! Smile

...???....so three tracks that are not found on the LP?
Shocked
Back to top Go down
jazzhound

PostSubject: extra tracks   Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:41 pm

the three addtional tracks were recorded live in summer 81 at Record Plant NYC with new drummer, Jack Falco.
Michael Gene was a good guy and a unbelievable guitar player. Unfortunately live recordings which do exist have not seen the light of day. On those tapes his greatest is fully revealed. To bad Dig Wayne has not got this stuff distributed as a tribute to this great musician.

there is also a video of the band doing Little Pig (to a prerecorded tape) at Peppermint Lounge on YouTube.
Back to top Go down
Lord Vincent Blackshadow

Lord Vincent Blackshadow

PostSubject: Re: Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers   Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 12:27 am

That Buzz track was good but I followed the links at the end of the clip and came across a real gem, " the BopCats" doing a song called "Wild Jungle Rock". The 8 seconds of the intro before he sings is pure Evil, the drum and slap bass are just dead on perfect. Seek it out and TURN IT UP, pure pure pure brilliant rockabilly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers   Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Gene - Buzz and the Flyers
Page 1 of 1