Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clips from lonely avenue.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
archtopguitars

Clips from lonely avenue. Empty
PostSubject: Clips from lonely avenue.   Clips from lonely avenue. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Back to top Go down
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

PostSubject: Re: Clips from lonely avenue.   Clips from lonely avenue. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Thanks for the clips. I'm a little disappointed to be honest. Like 'Wolfgang' i'll probably buy it, but it's not my cup of tea at all.
On a positive note - the songs are classy, very upmarket and do sound like crooning from the 1930's. Brian's passion and love of this era shine through.

The last song sounds like a watered down 'Malaguena'. I don't know what i was hoping for - maybe a 'sleepwalk' or 'caravan' - all clips left me cold. Sorry. I'll probably get linched now. Going back to listen to 'ignition'....it's time to rock.

Oh well, i can't like everything can i? Clips from lonely avenue. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
archtopguitars

PostSubject: Re: Clips from lonely avenue.   Clips from lonely avenue. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 3:24 am

Just keep in mind these are small sample secions of each song. To voice a full opinion I would wait untill you can at least hear the album in its entirety. I will say though, I know Julie is Brian's wife and all, but I'm geting a bit sick of the predictable (trying to hard to sound like Andrew sisters type swing era), duets with his wife, they always seem kind of cheesy to me. Like the whoahh's in honey man, but just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Brent

Brent

PostSubject: Re: Clips from lonely avenue.   Clips from lonely avenue. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:42 am

Gotta say...first blush...meh...
Back to top Go down
http://tigersharks.ca
rosie

rosie

PostSubject: Re: Clips from lonely avenue.   Clips from lonely avenue. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 9:41 am

I think it sounds really good so far, brian being different again
(love partners in crime sounds kindof like the love boat though Very Happy)

I think thats the guy from royal crown revue on king of the whole damn world

archtopguitars I disagree about the song with julie, sounds like theyre having a lot of fun together and whats wrong wiht that? will be fun to see them do on the xmas tour

just my two cents too

cheers
Back to top Go down
RadiationSteve

RadiationSteve

PostSubject: Re: Clips from lonely avenue.   Clips from lonely avenue. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 10:08 am

Quote :
Just keep in mind these are small sample secions of each song. To voice a full opinion I would wait untill you can at least hear the album in its entirety.

I appreciate that that's correct most of the time - but unlike clips from brian's other upcoming albums (which have always got me excited, wanting to hear more, and waiting to rush out and get hold of the record) Lonely Avenue just leaves me cold. Unfortunately I don' t wish to hear anymore of this album. It's not rock n roll or rockabilly anymore - i thought Wolfgang was a one off, but obviously it's not. This may only be clips but it's the most unexciting setzer stuff i've heard in years. There, i've said it. I'm not moaning, setzer has plenty of great old stuff -
Back to top Go down
http://larrynormanpages.ning.com/
rockabilly guy

rockabilly guy

PostSubject: Re: Clips from lonely avenue.   Clips from lonely avenue. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 9:14 pm

I'm with you Steve.
I have only had the one listen but it doesn't exactly whet the appetite does it?
WBNO left me cold and I was hoping for Lonely Avenue to give me some warmth.
I will wait until I hear the full album obviously before passing a verdict though.
I failed to hear songs reminiscent of Drive Like Lightning,49 Mercury Blues etc as Brian himself had suggested.
Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clips from lonely avenue.   Clips from lonely avenue. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clips from lonely avenue.
Page 1 of 1