Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hoodoo Voodoo Lounge, Brian Setzer Fans

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stray Cats Greatest Hits?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Andi

Andi

Stray Cats Greatest Hits? Empty
PostSubject: Stray Cats Greatest Hits?   Stray Cats Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 4:13 pm

Stray Cats Greatest Hits digitally remastered in 2000? Can you tell the difference?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats Greatest Hits?   Stray Cats Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:26 am

Yup Andi,
this new version was released in 2000 with 3 live bonus tracks; originally released in 1997 with 14 tracks only
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats Greatest Hits?   Stray Cats Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:37 pm

On its way to me from Amazon - will be interesting to compare to the ones I already have to hear how much improvement the remastering makes. Thanks Jon!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats Greatest Hits?   Stray Cats Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:11 pm

from my point of view, if you want to listen to a good remastered Stray Cats album, try to get hold of the following edition:

Paper Sleeve Edition 2001 (Stray Cats, Gonna Ball, Built For Speed & Rant N Rave) - this was exclusively made for Japan, CD imitating LP style, cardboard sleeve and 24 bits remastered. It's not really difficult if you google it and be patient on Ebay, they appear from time to time (except the self-tittle album) and they are cool.

Concerning compilations, if you really want a great compilation, my advice:
Runaway Boys: A Retrospective 81-92.

It's the only one that really covers all the periods, mainly including from 1981 to 1983, but there are some tracks from Rock Therapy, Blast Off, Let's Go Faster and Choo Choo Hot Fish.

The other compilations you might come across with, are much more concerned on the classics, 10-12 tracks more or less and always the same stuff.
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats Greatest Hits?   Stray Cats Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:18 pm

Thanks Jon, I'll definitely keep an eye out for the Japan one. I'm not concerned with compilations, I do have all the Cats official releases now and make my own compilations whenever the spirit moves me - I just want the best audio quality I can find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats Greatest Hits?   Stray Cats Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:25 pm

I can do mp3 files for you and send them through email, if you want.
I can also try to help you in finding that Paper Sleeve edition ;-)
Back to top Go down
Andi

Andi

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats Greatest Hits?   Stray Cats Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:31 pm

That's very kind of you Jon! Unfortunately I have nothing to offer in return. Plus, I really would want to have the actual discs and the sleeves and liner notes and everything (for so many years I tried to do away with having "stuff," preferring to just have the audio files. Some of the good people here have disabused me of that notion though, I think I've succumbed to the desire to have the real thing. Twisted Evil)

So yes, your assistance in finding the paper sleeve edition would be most welcome. How much should I expect to pay for such a thing?

Thank you Jon! Feliz Navidad!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats Greatest Hits?   Stray Cats Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Hmm, depends very much on where you find it, but to be honest, I didn't pay as much as I expected, probably some 30 USD, more or less. I've been very lucky since the Euro is quite high at the moment, so all the prices displayed in Yen or USD are quite affordable, so 30 USD can be some 20 Euro for me... anyway, I'll have a look right now and I'll PM you in a tick!

Merry Xmas to you darling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stray Cats Greatest Hits?   Stray Cats Greatest Hits? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stray Cats Greatest Hits?
Page 1 of 1